2015 Jeep Renegade

Options
2»

Comments

• jeremymarcinko
    Options
    We have an 04 GC that we purchased back in 2006. All I have had to do is change the oil, brakes, belt, and battery. Its been a good one, unfortunately the rust is starting to appear. sx2bhsxp5kqz.jpg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Your gonna hear good/bad things about every vehicle on the planet. My 2011 Jeep GC Laredo 4x4 has been a pleasure, with 62,000+ on the clock now. It runs as smooth as the day I bought it. I have replaced 1 rear light bulb. The selec-terrain feature with hill desecent is very useful. I do run synthetic oil @ 8-10k intervals--as I'm a long time user/believer in synthetics and their long-term benefits. The Grand Cherokees have come a long way, drive one and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I run synthetics too, change every 4-5k miles.

My bro-in-law has a Sahara...2014. Been in the shop more than he's driven it. Once for 6 weeks waiting for a part. That would do me in.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Your gonna hear good/bad things about every vehicle on the planet. My 2011 Jeep GC Laredo 4x4 has been a pleasure, with 62,000+ on the clock now. It runs as smooth as the day I bought it. I have replaced 1 rear light bulb. The selec-terrain feature with hill desecent is very useful. I do run synthetic oil @ 8-10k intervals--as I'm a long time user/believer in synthetics and their long-term benefits. The Grand Cherokees have come a long way, drive one and you'll see what I'm talking about.

2011, wasn't that before FIAT took over? All I'm saying is the Renegade is essentially a FIAT and so far the Italians have talked BIG about a resurgence of Alfa and FIAT, etc and the FIAT offerings have been horrid. It's not a matter of "Your gonna hear good/bad things", etc. I've heard nothing good about the current FIAT 500. Hopefully things will turn around and the products will be well regarded. Unfortunately this carries over to the Chrysler products too.

I REALLY want the new Alfa sedan, but I'm staying away until they get their act together, if they ever get it together.

That's the reality and I hope Mantis and his wife enjoy their new vehicle and it gives them years of trouble free service.

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2015
    Options
    FIAT was in play from the 2011 models on. 2011 was the big "re-design" of the GC.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • charley95
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

My bro-in-law has a Sahara...2014. Been in the shop more than he's driven it. Once for 6 weeks waiting for a part. That would do me in.

I even run Mobil 1 in my mower & snowblower.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

I use a synthetic blend and change every 5-6,000 miles. My Honda Pilot has 191,000 on it without any issues. If I didn't get left a Honda fit ( drives like a go kart) from my dad, the Pilot would have a bit over 200k on it right now.

Mantis, congrats. Looks like it has a bunch of toys on it!!

Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    We have a 13 Pathfinder on lease. Is up in July and only has 11,500 mi on it. Wife really likes it so, going to buy it out in July. No issues with it at all. Is is more minivan like than old pathfinder, but comes in handy, good ride, decent power and milage.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited December 2015
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    FIAT was in play from the 2011 models on. 2011 was the big "re-design" of the GC.

But I'm not sure how much FIAT DNA was involved in 2011. FIAT DNA abounds today in most of the products especially the Renegade which is based on a glorified FIAT 500, IIRC.

Anyway, really not trying to rain on anyone's parade. Cars in general aren't built like they used to be. It's more about adding tech and gadgets, than making them more reliable or usable. And product lifecycles are so short because the perception of falling behind the competition is a big deal. R&D cycles are very short with the customer now barring the brunt of new model glitches, etc. That has become the norm and acceptable.

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited December 2015
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    Hey no worries I actually like good feedback. It's brand new and My wife's ride so Hopefully we have good luck with it.
    I have talked to many Jeep owners and they all love their Jeep's of all different types and years.
    Have you seen anything with the Renegades? I learned about the 9 speed transmission issues Jeep has had in the past but it's supposed to be corrected on my model which is a Latitude with the 2.4L engine.
    It's basically fully loaded with Cold Weather, Popular, Tow , My Sky Electric etc.

You should be ok with the trans now. We've not had a unit be replaced in any Renegade; the Cherokee and Chrysler 200 bore the brunt of the hard issues IME. Last year this time we'd have a half dozen in que at any given time waiting for parts. Most of the transmission concerns we see now are either repaired by software or educating the customer. The 2.4L Tiger Shark/9 speed drivetrain combination are very different compared to what most people are accustomed to driving.

Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • steveinaz
    Options
    I'm glad my 2011 GC has the 6-speed tranny.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    The Grand Cherokees are a different animal. Keep an ear on that tranny in the Renegade. Supposedly pretty noisy going into 2nd gear.

I might have been inclined to stick with the Nissans. They have great engines, bulletproof like Honda and Toyota. I still see many 20+ year old Nissans on the road.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    Options
    I was considering one of these. One thing that threw me off was reading that although it was fairly capable it was not much fun to drive on the street. Keep us informed!
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    I can give a mini review of the truck as I don't drive it that much but my wife loves it.
    I think it has decent power for a small truck. It's peppy and fun to drive
    The Seats are awesome, so very comfortable and firm.
    The Radio is very nice, it's a touch screen and free XM radio for a year. NICE!. Back up camera today is much. Our last few vehicles all had it so not having it is not an option.
    My sky roof option is sweet. I only tried it out once as the weather around here has been bizarre to say the least. It's 66 degrees today and thats mental for a Christmas day.
    Storage is small but suitable for what we want out of it. Going to the market or stores it has plenty of room to carry most things you would be picking up.
    Remote starter is cool, IF it was cold outside this would be a nice thing to use to get it warmed up before going in. Not to mention it has HEATER SEATS AND STEERING WHEEL. Now that is truly sweet as I have not had that option since my BMW.
    Overall we ae pleased with it. It looks great and gets around town very well. Can't wait to try it out in the snow.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • jvc
    jvc Posts: 41
    Options
    lots of fun and good times in my jeep wrangler 4x4

enjoy your renegade. looks just fine
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Options
    My son traded his '11 Wrangler Rubicon (no issues except a bad master cylinder replaced under warranty) for a '15 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Freedom pkg. So far he is very pleased. Had to go 4-door due to family aditions coming up in Aug.
    [
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    Sweet , I like the Wrangler models. That new Blue color is fantastic.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Dan, here's the combo you need:8wflco6rq8re.jpg