2015 Jeep Renegade

Options
Hello everyone,
Anyone check one of these out? My wife is getting one today and it's a cool little ride. It's got more easter eggs then Easter LOL.
Anyway the My Sky Power roof system is awesome. I like how it's like the older T tops ( I had a Firebird Years ago) and you can have basically an open roof.
She is getting the Altitude package loaded up with all the extra goodies including a tow package. This will not be used to tow anything just for a Bike rack that has a 2 inch collector.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited December 2015
    Options
    fz0vizdi8yzs.jpg
    It's pretty cool
    Dan
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Cool ride. Congrats!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    I have a Grand Cherokee with the Pentastar V6, and I am impressed (over 60k miles) with the power, smoothness, and mpg of this engine. I don't remotely drive conservatively, and I average 23mpg combined. Not bad for 5000lb SUV.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,987
    Options
    Thats a cute little SUV. My wife would love it.

years ago (around 2010) when we bought our pilot the reviews for grand cherokees were terrible. Glad to hear they are getting better. Will put it on the list for when its time to chuck the pilot.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,377
    Options
    My 2012 Grand Cherokee Hemi Overland was mechanically sound but, compared to the competition, the interior build quality and durability wasn't good. Chrysler used leather for the dashboard covering in my version and it pulled away from the dashboard leaving large ripples. Would have been a $2K to $3K fix that because of the amount of work involved in replacing the dashboard. There are versions with vinyl dashboards which would have been a better idea for the whole range. I traded mine in recently and won't go back to a Chrysler product any time soon because of the workmanship. Their ideas for vehicles are great, but the implementation and quality is better with most other brands. That is a shame because the Grand Cherokee I had was a very capable vehicle. Going to a Dodge dealer to get specialized Jeep work done is also a crapshoot. I abandoned the company in the early 1990s for the same reason, and I don't think Fiat is helping based on the bottom reliability ratings for Chrysler products.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Those appear to be really nice. The first Jeep to be made in Italy or so I here. We looked at them, and I considered briefly getting the Commando Green Trailhawk. Congrats, great little ride for the money.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mantis
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I have a Grand Cherokee with the Pentastar V6, and I am impressed (over 60k miles) with the power, smoothness, and mpg of this engine. I don't remotely drive conservatively, and I average 23mpg combined. Not bad for 5000lb SUV.
    I'm currently driving a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder and when it's lease is up, I'm strongly considering a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I like the Altitude model or the one above with that package, black out rims and stuff. It's killer with it's huge Sunroom system.
    Dan
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    Options
    It's basically a FIAT SUV. Jeep as they were known died awhile ago. Not saying it's a bad thing to be a FIAT SUV, but it will never live up to or have the ruggedness of Jeep's past.

It is what it is.....a cute, somewhat capable CUV. I really hope you have less problems than the typical 500 owner...........sheesh talk about bottom of the barrel reliability.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • steveinaz
    Options
    The Grand Cherokee's are pretty darn capable as they inherited Mercedes assemblies from the Daimler/Chrysler divorce. Watch some of the Grand Cherokee vs Range Rover videos, you might come away with a different opinion. I opted for the upgraded 4WD with selec-terrain but dropped it in a lower level Laredo trim, for just under 30k. It'll go places I won't go, especially if you remove the front fascia (designed for easy removal) for a little more attack angle.

This much I do know, my 2011 GC is far more capable/rugged than my 91 Cherokee was.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd Durango Citadel. My first was a 2011 and now have a 2015. Basically the same vehicle as the Grand Cherokee. Freakin awesome vehicle. And everyone that's driven in my vehicles has said the same thing.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • mantis
    Options
    We have been driving Nissan for 25 years with the exception of my BMW I had in 2000-2005. It's re fretting to have something completely different for a change and My wife is loving it.
    That Altitude Grand Cherokee is freaking awesome especially in the overland package with a Hemi engine. This is most likely gonna be my next ride. I'd like to do the deal now but my lease doesn't run out to 1017.
    Dan
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,122
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I am a service advisor for a Chrysler jeep Dodge Ram dealer.... I would not entertain purchasing anything they make. I have seen nightmarish quality issues and more buyback vehicles in the past 6 months than I have seen in my 20 plus years in the car business combined.

Sorry Mantis to rain on your thread. I deleted much of what I posted out of respect. I hope you get many years of fun for your new toy. If I can help, let me know.
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    Are you sure that isn't a Kia Soul? ;)

2014_Kia_Soul_Plus_US_front_left.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    Options
    Kia has come a long way. Many automakers should take a page out their book. In my neck of the woods we mostly see Japanese, Korean, German then Ford not a whole lot of Jeep.

I'm glad your wife is enjoying her new ride, that is most important in then end.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,377
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I am a service advisor for a Chrysler jeep Dodge Ram dealer.... I would not entertain purchasing anything they make. I have seen nightmarish quality issues and more buyback vehicles in the past 6 months than I have seen in my 20 plus years in the car business combined.

Unfortunately, that's been my experience too. I know all recent vehicles have a recall notice here or there because of the General Motors ignition defect, but on mine recalls were for things that also could have resulted in death including brakes possibly failing because of corrosion of a critical unprotected part, engine cut off and loss of power because of failing power control modules, and interior fires caused by faulty wiring. These are engineering and design problems that should no longer happen, but do because of cost cutting in manufacturing. I don't have experience with the nine speed transmission Chrysler has tried to implement on some vehicles, but from what I've heard at the dealership when I talk to the service advisors it's been a disaster for owners.

It's a shame, because I like most of the vehicles the company makes but I can't justify spending money on them. I would consider buying another Jeep Grand Cherokee at some point, but if I did it would not be a high end model.

Mine was mechanically sound for the four years I had it, so I hope Mantis has the same experience. Cosmetically, not so good though. I would suggest getting any problem completely addressed in the 3 year warranty period.

• charley95
    Options
    I have been a die hard Detroit guy for all my life. My dad was a rep. for GM and owned mostly GM all my life. I got tired of always having to fix something through the years on these cars. I've owned a used 14 Lexus RX 350 for a year now. I must say the only thing I've done to this car is had the oil changed. I'll pay through the nose come repair time but, I don't think it will be as often, time will tell.

I'm waiting for the day when a guy I know bought a new Impala to jab me for buying an import. Note: His Impala has been back to the dealer several times for stupid crap that has to be repaired. The big 3 have dropped the ball and I'm not going back.
  • steveinaz
    Options
    The recall situation is bad. My Jeep GC, has only had about 4--but Bev's 2012 Ram 2500 HD diesel has had about 22! We just got another one in the mail yesterday; something about a possibility of a overheating fuel pump or something. Having said that, we haven't had any issues with her truck, but we do take it in everytime we get another notice.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    charley95 wrote: »
    I have been a die hard Detroit guy for all my life. My dad was a rep. for GM and owned mostly GM all my life. I got tired of always having to fix something through the years on these cars. I've owned a used 14 Lexus RX 350 for a year now. I must say the only thing I've done to this car is had the oil changed. I'll pay through the nose come repair time but, I don't think it will be as often, time will tell.

I'm waiting for the day when a guy I know bought a new Impala to jab me for buying an import. Note: His Impala has been back to the dealer several times for stupid crap that has to be repaired. The big 3 have dropped the ball and I'm not going back.

RX350 owner myself and might agree with the rest of that. I do think Detroit is getting better on their interiors though and in many cases even surpassing the imports. However the reliability issues still haunt them, or should I say quality issues.

I hate rattles and squeaks, like a nice comfortable smooth ride and don't want to hear lots of road noise or feel every bump in the road.....AND I want it to last beyond the warranty period. I know....demanding **** that I am huh ?

Every American car I've owned has had issues, sometimes before the warranty even ran out. It's the inconvenience of always having to bring it back or get worked on for something. The only American cars that were solid, reliability wise, was the ones from the 60's. Down hill after that. Simple designs, easy and cheap to work on yourself, solid bodies....great looks too. What wasn't to like ?

Honda and Toyota/lexus have been the most reliable trouble free cars I have ever owned. What good is a fancy interior, or bells and whistles if the car doesn't start and run reliably ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,078
    edited December 2015
    Options
    We're drifting slowly but surely towards Toyotas in our old age -- two of the three vehuncles here now are Toyotas (an old beater Taco and a new-to-us but also older RAV4). Toyotas are boring but reliable and do their jobs without fuss nor bother -- I think that over the past four or five decades, they've evolved into the most "American" of automobiles, sort of the 21st Century equivalent of "your father's Oldsmobile" (or Buick, as the case may be) :-P

That said, Mrs. H's 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid is still goin' with over 235,000 miles on it now (we're both stunned that the batteries haven't failed yet), and I do really like my 2011 Fiesta (now on loan to our daughter & son-in-law and soon to be passed along to them formally).

We owned one Jeep and it was a hunk of junk.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    Man, Mrs. H does a lot of driving. She must never be home. That's also pretty darn good results for mileage and battery life. Kudo's man, ya got a good one.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,084
    Options
    I'd like to see a Diesel Jeep besides the GC. I do like the GC but if I buy anything new Jeep wise it will be a wrangler. I'd like to take one of these Renegades out to URE...... I wonder if I could rent a 4wd one around here.....
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • charley95
    Options
    My friend has a new 15 loaded GC SRT Hemi loaded. Yes, a good looking Jeep,nicer looking interior and overall better looking than my 14 RX. Mine has a very boring looking interior but, high quality. He's already been back to the shop for several issues and only has 5k miles. I'm at the point of just give me reliability over style. A damn car is just a necessary evil and a fast depreciating asset.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,078
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Man, Mrs. H does a lot of driving. She must never be home. That's also pretty darn good results for mileage and battery life. Kudo's man, ya got a good one.

yes she does/ we do. At least one trip to the Boston area for each of us per week (250 miles round trip). Plus other ancillary driving. The Escape (4WD version) hybrid returns 30 to 35 mpg, too, depending mostly on time of year (worst, by far, in the winter).
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    Options
    charley95 wrote: »
    I have been a die hard Detroit guy for all my life. My dad was a rep. for GM and owned mostly GM all my life. I got tired of always having to fix something through the years on these cars.

I agree completely! I used to think it was normal to have to repair something every few weeks. I even kept a few alternators, starters etc laying around, thought anyone who didn't was stupid.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • mantis
    Options

Sorry Mantis to rain on your thread. I deleted much of what I posted out of respect. I hope you get many years of fun for your new toy. If I can help, let me know.
    Hey no worries I actually like good feedback. It's brand new and My wife's ride so Hopefully we have good luck with it.
    I have talked to many Jeep owners and they all love their Jeep's of all different types and years.
    Have you seen anything with the Renegades? I learned about the 9 speed transmission issues Jeep has had in the past but it's supposed to be corrected on my model which is a Latitude with the 2.4L engine.
    It's basically fully loaded with Cold Weather, Popular, Tow , My Sky Electric etc.
    Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Are you sure that isn't a Kia Soul? ;)

2014_Kia_Soul_Plus_US_front_left.jpg

Thats a stupid looking thing, I would not let my wife drive that or anyone else in my family.
    Dan
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    Thats a stupid looking thing, I would not let my wife drive that or anyone else in my family.

You won't get an argument out of me. I have to wonder how some of these cars get released. Scion xB? Ugly. Nissan Cube? FUgly. Nissan Juke? Ugly. For every 2 good cars the Japanese make, they certainly make a really ugly off the wall one.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mantis
    Options
    This is my first American vehicle since the 90's. I had a Buick Grand National which i modified the hell out of but it always had issues, a Linclon Mark 7 which had all kinda of issues especially with the Air ride system.
    In 1990 we got our first Nissan which was a Maxima. It didn't ever have a single issue. What a solid car and fun to drive it was.
    Since then in 2000 I picked up a 2000 BMW328i and it was awesome.In 2001 We got out of the Maxima and I put my wife into a Xterra which she loved the hell out of.It had not a single Issue. In 2005 I traded it in for a Nissan Pathfinder due to life changes, Mountain Biking, needed a bigger family ride and so on. It to had No issues at all.
    Then I traded that in on a 2008 Pathfinder and it was just a better version of my 2005 with more features and bells etc.
    2011 I was wanting better gas mileage and so on so I moved into a Murano. What a awesome ride. I loved that thing way more then I expected to. It was a means to an end and I really ended up liking the hell out of it.
    2013 we traded in the Xterra and got my wife a Sentra SR which was a cool Blue color and it was fully loaded. She liked it but not in the winter months with the snow. She felt much safer in the Xterra. She picked that car I had no say as I wanted her to get a new Xterra or even an Altima but she liked that damn electric Blue color and the rest was history.
    2014 I picked up my current ride in the Pathfinder again. This one I'm not totally loving and found many things about it I don't like. It hasn't caused me any pain or trips to the dealer but it's just not the same as the Pathfinder was. It's more crossover now then true SUV.
    My wife just got the Renegade and she is really digging it. It's fun to drive and it's very stable feeling for a small truck. It doesn't have a stupid CVT transmission so I really like that a lot.
    That new Grand Cherokee is so damn nice I really want to trade my Pathfinder in and get one. Wish I could break my lease today as I would do it.
    We don't buy cars anymore we lease so I really don't care much it it starts to have issues. It's fully covered it's entire Lease life span and at the end I'll trade it in and get something else unless my wife wants to keep it or get a new one. Time will tell.
    Dan
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,122
    Options
    The trans issues are still there, along with a multitude of recalls. there will likely be a dozen or so software fixes due at the first oil change.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    For my 2011, I put 85,000 miles on it and only put 1 set of tires on. No repairs and I believe I only had 1 recall. My brother has a 2012 with no repairs and over 80,000 miles. I have over 14000 on my 2015. No repairs. 1 recall which they sent a USB drive in the mail for a computer upgrade. For me, awesome vehicle.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics