Christmas Gifts what did you get?

Options
polk500
polk500 Posts: 1,171
edited December 2015 in The Clubhouse
Hello, As most of us are parents on the forum and if you're like me you usually get socks, mugs, gloves and other stuff and you smile and say thanks guys.

This year one of the Girls got me a little headphone amp the Fiio Q1 sounds quite good.
I had actually Karma one of these this summer not the same model and here I am with another one, better keep it LOL.

So what did you get?

Cheers

zzhf6hp9vou8.jpeg
Post edited by polk500 on

Comments

• quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Closest thing I got to audio was an Xbox one. Otherwise it was socks and gift cards
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    My lady got me a Samsung tablet. Not audio related but I was excited to get it.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,363
    Options
    The old Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray player developed a tray issue so I got me an Oppo BDP-103D. Oppo is kind enough to send me parts to fix the tray on the '83, but they wouldn't have made it here before xmas like the new one did. ;)

BDP-103-refl-hr.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    You're going to use that in your Salk 2 channel setup?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • SCompRacer
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    You're going to use that in your Salk 2 channel setup?

No, for the family room surround sound. ;)
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    You should try it out on your 2 channel setup with the analog outs just to tell me how it sounds. If you have the time and inclination. I kind of want a 103 just because they can literally do everything.

Either way, it's a very decent player I think. Nothing special, aside from it's versatility, but probably good enough for me.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Some cigars from my son
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,886
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Got this from my wife. It's a reconditioned Addison radio. Totally gutted and replaced with a class D amp, Bluetooth board and new power cord. 58f8hk7am689.jpg

It's not for critical listening but some light background in our living room while we sip on wine when the kids are sleeping right above this room.
  • SCompRacer
    Options
    My other present is a new turntable, some assembly required...

ptp5_04.jpg
  • oldmodman
    Options
    One of my cats has been missing for almost a week.

He showed up at 10:30pm Christmas Night. Not a mark on him. And he's fixed so he wasn't "cattin around"

That was the best Christmas Present I could ask for.
  • polk500
    Options
    Hello Skip, I'm glad to hear that and I hope he had a blast. And Skip I hope you laughed with him.

Roger
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Everyone pulled together and made my son's Christmas one to remember. It's all I wanted and I got it.

49z7pl6vsjyg.jpg

That makes me sad and oh, so very happy, all at the same time! :'( , :) x2

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,488
    Options
    We got the joy of helping out our oldest daughter who just graduated college to be a nurse asst. Single mother of 3 with ex that come n goes. It was fun to buy for them & make sure they had a great Christmas. She starts her new job in Jan & we hope she continues with college & becomes a nurse..Wife did 2 unknown families at work & it was fun buying for families we will never know :)
    Got a new Craftsman toolbox & tools YEAH
    Randy/Maine
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    My two favorites a $300.00 gift certificate to Ruth Chris and a Logitech universal remote. Looking forward to a steak orgy.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,637
    Options
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Santa dropped this gift off for my lovely wife

IMG_4395_zps6udjlg61.jpgl

And this gem for me

IMG_4396_zpskrlihqsp.jpg

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,524
    Options
    This is what I got... seriously. From my wife.

IMG_9676.JPG

And a harmonica from my 19 month old daughter.

Swan Harmonica

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    I got a rock
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,048
    Options
    A generous local Polkie is hooking me up with a pair of SDA SRS 2!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options

Sweet! What else did I get you?
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,561
    Options
    I got nothing- Literally. And I gave the wife nothing.
    Take that, retailers!
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Conradicles
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Sweet! What else did I get you?

Hanging out with family and friends is the best gift I got! My Son made a surprise visit from the Air Force!
  • Conradicles
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I think you fixed my street light Russ haha.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    I got nothing- Literally. And I gave the wife nothing.
    Take that, retailers!

Sucks to be you! :wink:
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,909
    Options
    The wife and I never exchange presents. We simply put the coin towards vacations, something we both enjoy, rather than another sweater or pair of socks or something silly like that.

We still however spend too much, and every year we vow to curtail it, but it never happens. We simply get more joy out of giving presents than receiving, if that makes any sense to you guys.

I did however witness what I thought was the best present given within the families.

My wife's family suffered the loss of a younger brother to suicide last year. One of the older brothers, with a 17 year old daughter, says to him...."Dad, I know you can afford to buy yourself whatever you want, so I thought as your present I'd donate 60 bucks to the suicide hot line".

Now, there are times....as a parent, when you say to yourself, " Heck, did I do anything right ? " Then stuff like this happens and you go, "Yeah, guess I did".

Talk about bringing some tears to her fathers eyes....kudos to my young niece who gets it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    polk500 wrote: »
    This year one of the Girls got me a little headphone amp the Fiio Q1 sounds quite good.
    I had actually Karma one of these this summer not the same model and here I am with another one, better keep it LOL.

Hi Roger! I was the lucky winner of the Fiio you Karma'd this past summer. Still enjoying it to this day! I'm not using it as a DAC all that often, but it definitely comes in handy as a nice little headphone amp/splitter. My daughters use it constantly to watch a movie together when we travel, and with the two headphone outputs plus the amp, it delivers great (& loud enough) sound.

Sounds like most got what makes them happy! Derek, glad your son had a good Christmas. That post made my day. Take care.
  • transchris
    Options
    I received the new emotiva xsp1 gen 2 preamp,xpa5,xpa2 and a pair of rt2000i...Santa was very good this year..!!!now for next year.......
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    I received a pair of Wharfedale bookies as an early Christmas present from the wife and kids. My dad got me a couple of new 180g pressings from soundstage direct, Boston and Styx. Other than that I received some Browns and Buckeye gear, tools, gift cards etc.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Besides from the excitement my mother got when i told her about the "new addition" coming to the family......nothing!

The one thing my wife did get me i already have. And it was only $50.
    And to think i bought her diamond earrings and necklace.......strangely, shes ok with this.....*sigh*
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • polk500
    Options
    Hi Roger! I was the lucky winner of the Fiio you Karma'd this past summer. Still enjoying it to this day! I'm not using it as a DAC all that often, but it definitely comes in handy as a nice little headphone amp/splitter. My daughters use it constantly to watch a movie together when we travel, and with the two headphone outputs plus the amp, it delivers great (& loud enough) sound.

Sounds like most got what makes them happy! Derek, glad your son had a good Christmas. That post made my day. Take care.[/quote]

Glad to hear that you and your girls are enjoying that little amp.

Cheers