Loctite Henkel Power Grab for speaker magnets

Schurkey
Schurkey Posts: 2,100
edited December 2015 in Vintage Speakers
WHICH "Power Grab" product is the correct one for preventative securing of driver magnets? My understanding is that the "Power Grab" has superseded epoxy as the material of choice. As typical, Loctite/Henkel makes several products--and dispenser packaging--using the "Power Grab" name. In other words, "Power Grab" is not a product, it's a product LINE, with all sorts of specialized adhesives sold under that name.
  • Loctite 1589158 9 Fluid Ounce Cartridge Power Grab Clear Molding and Paneling Construction Adhesive
  • Henkel 68882 Power Grab All Purpose Clear Construction Adhesive, 6-Ounce, Clear
  • Loctite 1589155 9 Fluid Ounce Cartridge Power Grab Clear All Purpose Construction Adhesive
  • Henkel 841982 Loctite Power Grab All-Purpose Construction Adhesive (10 OZ)
  • Loctite Power Grab Express All Purpose Construction Adhesive, 6 Ounce Squeeze Tube (2029846)
  • Henkel-Loctite 2032666 9 oz. Power Grab Express Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive, Clear
  • Loctite 1589157 Clear Power Grab Heavy Duty Adhesive Latex, 9 oz
  • Loctite Adhesive Metal, Glass, Foamboard Clear Cartridge, Tube 9 Oz
  • Loctite 1363138 10 Fluid Ounce Cartridge Power Grab Tub Surround Adhesive, White
There are more options than just what I've put in the list above--some of the differences are just the packaging--9 oz caulking-gun cartridge vs. 6 oz squeeze-tube, for example. The item in bold is what I'm likely to buy unless someone convinces me otherwise.

Another thought: Since the "Power Grab" is construction adhesive, there's probably competing products of similar quality from Liquid Nails, Red Devil, and thirty other brand names that would work every bit as well--but might have better availability in a particular local area. That would be just like the infamous "Mortite", which is a brand name for rope caulk, but any other rope caulk would work just as well--or just as poorly--as the Mortite brand name. My foray into rope caulk was with the Denis brand.

Comments