ugh my morning wake up call snow lots of it!

2»

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Filled up on DEF at truck stop where the pic was taken. No worries. Had to break off an ice berg to get to the filler cap
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Drats.....think my snow blower took a dump. Thing worked fine last year when I put it away, drained the gas too. It's a 2 cycle engine, these things aren't complicated as long as the oil/gas mixture is correct and I always use the same measuring stick. Carb is clean, bowl, plug.....going to throw the sucker in the fire pit.

I get aggravated easily....mostly when I come across cheap sh&t made to last as long as Keiko can refrain from posting pie pics. Craftsman isn't the brand they used to be.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • IT SNOWS THERE! It does it every year, it's always gonna' do it. Pack your bags, throw 'em in the UHaul and get the hell outa' there! ;)

vef7zsbmwzev.jpg
  • Would you consider a Honda? I bought a 2 stage last year and love it. You will pay more $$ but, I think their worth it. It replaced a 25 yr. old MTD brand. Most new blowers sold today are crap. I wouldn't even consider an MTD today, they are not made like my old one was.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Better find some DEF soon or your truck will be much colder inside.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Cold weather and pull start engines require a solution.

That solution is Ether Starting Spray. Works every time for me. Even if the plug is partially fouled.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    oldmodman wrote: »
    Cold weather and pull start engines require a solution.

That solution is Ether Starting Spray. Works every time for me. Even if the plug is partially fouled.

The Solution is GTFO of cold weather!!! SWFL sunny 85 at 04:15PM Pool temp is 88.. going to do some laps in the pool... Almost as good as shovelling snow for cardio.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    lightman1 wrote: »
    It's fookin 9* outside! Iowa sucks.

And Dallas sucks in July.
    I grew up in Northern Iowa.
    When I retire in a couple of years,
    I'm gonna find somewhere in the middle.

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424

The Solution is GTFO of cold weather!!! SWFL sunny 85 at 04:15PM Pool temp is 88.. going to do some laps in the pool... Almost as good as shovelling snow for cardio.

This is why I want to move to FL so bad. Snow sucks and I've had enough of it already...plus nothing beats being able to swim outside and enjoy the weather :)
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Ugh ain't the word I have for it.

Hey M, 80's eh, swimming laps?
    Now I remember why I don't like you... :D
  • tonyb
    [
    The Solution is GTFO of cold weather!!! .

Amen to that. Plus my state is only second to Jersey for taxes so that's 2 reasons to run out asap. Unfortunately most my family, and the wifes family is here but the older we get the less patience we have with cold and family drama.

Florida isn't for me though, too flat and too many who can't drive. lol It is however one of the cheapest warm weather solutions. I've been seriously considering outside the USA too, like Portugal, excellent place to retire to. Belize....put a tad too close to the crazies down there.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Mikey081057
    tonyb wrote: »
    [

Amen to that. Plus my state is only second to Jersey for taxes so that's 2 reasons to run out asap. Unfortunately most my family, and the wifes family is here but the older we get the less patience we have with cold and family drama.

Florida isn't for me though, too flat and too many who can't drive. lol It is however one of the cheapest warm weather solutions. I've been seriously considering outside the USA too, like Portugal, excellent place to retire to. Belize....put a tad too close to the crazies down there.

Tony come visit SW Florida... Still flat... can't help that but the roads are great and people are very polite. I wasn't crazy about Florida until I scope this area out.

Sannibel and Captiva are incredible.

100+ miles south of Tampa towns like Venice Cape Coral and Naples along the coast are really nice.... Kinda like the islands but still in the US. Low Taxes etc.

If you come visit, look me up and I will personally give you the tour.

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • lightman1
    Sounds like a Bro-Mance is developing there Mikey. :p
  • Mikey081057
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Sounds like a Bro-Mance is developing there Mikey. :p

HAHA Just doin a fellow polkie a solid... TonyB is da schizzle... Any Polkie who visits my neighborhood is welcome ...

• lightman1
    Just got back to NC this evening. After the frozen tundra of Iowa...Florida is a paradise. I'm on my way. Leave the door unlocked.
  • tonyb
    Been down that way pal. Marco Island, Fort Meyers, have friends down that way and my daughter used to live outside Tampa in Clearwater beach.

Florida reminds me of the Islands, nice around the beaches but go 6 blocks in and it's not so shiny. Parts of California are the same way, only way more expensive. I do dig northern Cali though. Only problem with that is if I dropped a quarter I'd have to kick it all the way to Steve's house in Arizona before picking it up.

Arizona...too hot.
    New Mexico....still like old Mexico
    Texas....too hot
    Bama and Miss.....eh, I still have most my teeth so I may not fit in.

The Carolina's maybe, weather is still nice and love that southern hospitality....and BBQ. I could just also find a nice small island in the south Pacific and play Tarzan and Jane with the wife for a decade.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Mikey081057
    Sounds like Maui is for you...cost bout the same as chicago

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    tonyb wrote: »
    [

Florida isn't for me though, too flat and too many who can't drive.

Flat...Kate Upton was raised in Florida :o , maybe you're not looking in the right places

people can't drive....What are you afraid of?...crashing your wheel chair :p

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    Tony, aren't you just about the right age to fit in
    for the state of Florida????
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Yeah, Florida really sux. No one should even consider moving here. ;)
  • Mikey081057
    Yeah, Florida really sux. No one should even consider moving here. ;)

Where are you blue?

• Yeah, Florida really sux. No one should even consider moving here. ;)

Where are you blue?

Eastern Sarasota County. Horse farms and orange groves (for now, but what passes for civilization is creeping this way).
  • Mikey081057
    Cape Coral for me