Amps and Receiver

13»

Comments

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,567
    fmw wrote: »
    I don't know

That is about the only thing you've said in this thread that is true.

--Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Wow way above my pay grade. Maybe I will just run a Emotiva XPA-2 for the fronts and a XPA-3 for the center and surrounds and a Marantz receiver. I am a noob this keeps it simple and middle of the road price wise. The other discussion is kinda Chinese to me, I am a noob at this stuff lol.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Will likely be on the bright side, but that could be a sound you prefer. If you find it too bright for your tastes, sell the Emo's and replace with a warmer 5 channel amp. Best of luck and enjoy your system!
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    03SONIC wrote: »
    Wow way above my pay grade. Maybe I will just run a Emotiva XPA-2 for the fronts and a XPA-3 for the center and surrounds and a Marantz receiver. I am a noob this keeps it simple and middle of the road price wise. The other discussion is kinda Chinese to me, I am a noob at this stuff lol.

The bourbon or the suggested amps ? lol

Used Parasound or B&k amps sell in the 4-600 buck range, about the same as new Emo amps but their sound quality is heads and shoulders above in my opinion.

Where you located man ? Maybe get yourself over to one of the many get togethers the members have, meet some good folks, get your ears on some variety, and drink their booze.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb wrote: »
    Wow way above my pay grade. Maybe I will just run a Emotiva XPA-2 for the fronts and a XPA-3 for the center and surrounds and a Marantz receiver. I am a noob this keeps it simple and middle of the road price wise. The other discussion is kinda Chinese to me, I am a noob at this stuff lol.

Used Parasound or B&k amps sell in the 4-600 buck range, about the same as new Emo amps but their sound quality is heads and shoulders above in my opinion.

Where you located man ? Maybe get yourself over to one of the many get togethers the members have, meet some good folks, get your ears on some variety, and drink their booze.

New Jersey:)

• adabro
    adabro Posts: 212
    03SONIC - I had almost the exact same setup, but had Monitor 40's as surrounds. Ran it for about a month on an Onkyo 807 before adding an XPA-3. I didn't notice much (or any) difference after adding the emo, but take that with a grain of salt, I'm terrible at picking up audible differences.
    I sold the A9's when I got a great deal on LSIM's, but I still have the amp - when it dies I'll try a Parasound....
  • tonyb
    tonyb wrote: »

New Jersey:)

Oh man....half the forum is in Jersey, lol. Pay attention to the get together thread, always somethin' going on and Polkfests are usually in your area too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nine threads in a row. I should get a life!
  • tonyb
    nine threads in a row. I should get a life!

Walmart has them on sale for Black Friday.....run !! :p
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's