Placement of floor standing speakers

I am currently using LSIM703's as my front speakers and RTIA12's as my surround speakers, does someone see a problem with that configuration? I have a CSIA6 as my center and PSW 125 sub - the room is about 35 X 20. Sounds good to me

Comments

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    If it sounds good to you what's the problem? We can't fix what ain't broke...
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    You mean RTi12 or RTA-12? What are they all hooked up to? RTi12's need good amplification, not an inexpensive AVR. Though as rear channel, it's probably okay.

Really, though, I don't understand what you're asking.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Issues as I see them. Your front stage is not timbre matched. Your sub leaves a lot to be desired.

So, what to do? The RTi 12's and the CSi A6 are a better timbre match. Seems a shame to use the LSiM 703's as the surrounds, but that's where they should go. Buy a better sub. If your AVR has pre outs buy an amp for the front stage.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Thanks for all the input!