PIONEER ELITE SC RECEIVER

Options
HEY GUYS,

MY PIO ELITE VSX HAVE BEEN GIVING ME A LOT OF TROUBLE, SO MUCH THAT I DECIDED TO TAKE APART THE HOME THEATER SYSTEM. WELL GOT THE BUG BACK AND NOW WANT AN SC MODEL, SINCE THEY ARE WELL REGARDE AND TOP OF THE LINE, PLUS THOSE CLASS D AMPS.

DO NOT MIND AND MIGHT PREFER GOING USED. DO NOT WANT TO SPEND A LOT OF MONEY. I SAW A MARANTZ SR6005 ON AUDIOGON FOR 325. IF I CAN FIND AN SC UNIT FOR AROUND THE SAME IN THE MIAMI AREA OR SHIPPED TO ZIP CODE 33126 OR 33131.

THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

REGARDS TO ALL,

EDUARDO
HT:
POLK AUDIO RTI4 FRONTS
CSI3 CENTER
DEF TECH PROMONITOR800 SURROUNDS
PSW 125 SUB
PIONEER ELITE AVR23TXH AVR
APPLE TV 160GB
PANASONIC BLURAY PLAYER
50" PANASONIC PLASMA TCP50C2

2 CHANNEL:
KEF R300 THREE WAY BOOKSHELF GLOSS PIANO BLACK
ROTEL RC 990BX PRE
ROTEL RB 990BX AMP
OPPO DV980 (AS CD PLAYER)
PIONEER PL100 TURNTABLE WITH SHURE MX97E CART
MIT EXP2 SPEAKER CABLES

Comments

• EDUBAG
    EDUBAG Posts: 401
    Options
    I MEAN OF COURSE THAT FOR WHAT I AM WILLING TO PAY IT HAS TO BE USED.
    HT:
    POLK AUDIO RTI4 FRONTS
    CSI3 CENTER
    PSW 125 SUB
    APPLE TV 160GB
    PANASONIC BLURAY PLAYER

2 CHANNEL:
    ROTEL RC 990BX PRE
    ROTEL RB 990BX AMP
    MIT EXP2 SPEAKER CABLES
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,065
    Options
    For the kind of money your trying to get one at your gonna have to go with a 0 model like a SC-05.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • EDUBAG
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    For the kind of money your trying to get one at your gonna have to go with a 0 model like a SC-05.

I IMAGINED AS MUCH, PROBABLY AN SC-05, PREFER A SC-25, BUT NOT SURE IF I CAN FIND ONE AT THAT PRICE, SPECIALLY LOCALLY MIAMI OR SHIPPED TO.

how are these sc compared to the marantzes? sr7005 or sr6005?
    HT:
    POLK AUDIO RTI4 FRONTS
    CSI3 CENTER
    PSW 125 SUB
    APPLE TV 160GB
    PANASONIC BLURAY PLAYER

2 CHANNEL:
    ROTEL RC 990BX PRE
    ROTEL RB 990BX AMP
    MIT EXP2 SPEAKER CABLES
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    I know nothing of the SC's but I have a SR6003 and it has been nothing but a great performer. I can't imagine the SR6005 being any less.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    Options
    2 of my buddies have the 05 and 07 models and Love them, those Ice Amps are Amazing..
    They are still using them for HT as well, so if you can find one for $325 grab it..

ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,964
    Options
    I have an SC-07 and love it, wouldn't sell it for that kind of money..
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,195
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I picked up a store demo SC-81 at Best Buy this weekend for $400 I seen some as low as $350 but missing a few accessories.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• EDUBAG
    Options
    I picked up a store demo SC-81 at Best Buy this weekend for $400 I seen some as low as $350 but missing a few accessories.

Wow,

Do you know how they compared to the sc05 /25? Sound difference or whatnot.
    HT:
    POLK AUDIO RTI4 FRONTS
    CSI3 CENTER
    PSW 125 SUB
    APPLE TV 160GB
    PANASONIC BLURAY PLAYER

2 CHANNEL:
    ROTEL RC 990BX PRE
    ROTEL RB 990BX AMP
    MIT EXP2 SPEAKER CABLES
  • KrazyMofo24
    Options
    Unfortunately no my receivers before this were lower end Harman Kardons. I would definitely check with others who have more experience but from what I can tell the SC05/07 were the flagship receivers at the time.

The SC-81 on the other hand is the first one of the higher end range for 2014. I liked that it comes with the ESS Sabre 9006s DAC, but I would think the SC05/25 amps are better but not sure by how much.

Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,990
    Options
    I picked up a SC-75 store demo from Best Buy awhile back for the GF for about the same as KrazyMofo24, also w/o some accessories, but its a pretty decent unit for that kind of dough
  • EDUBAG
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    I picked up a SC-75 store demo from Best Buy awhile back for the GF for about the same as KrazyMofo24, also w/o some accessories, but its a pretty decent unit for that kind of dough

I do not mind the lack of accesories, since i still have the remote and setup mic from the vsx 21 that went crazy. the thing is that i cannot go as often as i can to a best buy store because i live in the dominican republic. but if i could find a good deal online and have it shipped to my condo in miami when i go i bring it with me.

i will try best buy next time i go to miami which should be sometime within the next 60 days.

thank you all
    HT:
    POLK AUDIO RTI4 FRONTS
    CSI3 CENTER
    PSW 125 SUB
    APPLE TV 160GB
    PANASONIC BLURAY PLAYER

2 CHANNEL:
    ROTEL RC 990BX PRE
    ROTEL RB 990BX AMP
    MIT EXP2 SPEAKER CABLES
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,990
    Options
    You can check Best Buy clearance and open box on the internet. If you cannot have it shipped, perhaps you could purchase for pick up when you get to Miami, which I would have to believe would have a decent selection of clearance/open box if you watch their offerings. Or be patient and something may come up on the for sale forum here from time to time.
  • Gatecrasher
    Options

The best one ever made is an "O" series.

The SC-09. B)

But about the only way you are going to touch one of those for $325 is if you know a desperate crack head who just stole one.