Remember when.....

tonyb
tonyb Posts: 32,947
.....I said the only things that follow me home are drunk women and Puppy dogs ? Well, no drunk women.....outside of family members anyway, but ......say hello to the newest member of the family, Cara Lyn.

zyav5qk5htrm.jpg
HT SYSTEM-
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Polk Sig. 20's
Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
Grant Fidelity tube dac
B&k 1420
lsi 9's

Comments

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,735
    Good lookin' pooch man.
  • tonyb
    Female GS obviously, father was a national champion. Owners downsizing and can't keep her. Literally gave this 3g dog to me. Only other option they had was a GS rescue. No frickin' way. Wonderful dog, knows commands in English and German. My dog is bi-lingual and I'm not, go figure. She's a sweety, but going to take some time getting used to new masters as she's still wondering where her mommy and Daddy went.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,577
    Beautiful dog. Warm welcome to your home. I want a GS so bad. Great dogs. Loyal & great watch dog. My wife has two chihuahua's & a cat :( im not to keen on ankle bitters n cats
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Awesome dog T-bone. Glad to see the new lease on life for loving animals, Good on you!

Now, there will be 2 females in your house that will NOT sniff your butt.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,735
    rpn5misira29.jpg

My baby is a shep/lab mix. Best dog ever...
  • tonyb
    Nice pup Ken. My other dog is a GS mixed breed too, shelter dog I rescued. I just love the breed in general. Great all around dog and mans best buddy.

BTW Mr. B, cold wet noses up the arse are not my first desire in the mornings. Maybe by mid-afternoon though.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Congrats Tony! She is one beautiful dog. :)

Did you get the English/German Owner's Manual? How old is she and what kind of commands does she know?
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Beautiful Dog Tony, congrats. GS are awesome family pets, and very protective of said family.
    I would hesitate before giving her any commands in German, unless you're fluent in German LOL. Say the wrong word, and who know what she'll do.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,182
    Better than any 4K TV ANYDAY!! Congrats. Love my 4 dogs (3 little 1 med sz) and I call them "People with fur" ! Looks like an amazing dog Tony!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,044
    Sad she had to change homes. Great that she found a good one. Not all pups are so lucky. You're a good man.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    Glad she's going to a good home, thank you Tony.

This is my Pit, her name is Atari. Best friend I have ever had.

485278_10151482672420239_1197007025_n.jpg?oh=c01afcd9e388770d34e7f9393b86e355&oe=55D31F20&__gda__=1439888431_f687fe76d0e420e163ae9032782626c2
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,284
    way to go bro.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,117
    I have a GS and an Australian Shepard, both great dogs!!
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,334
    Nice dog, Tony. Best friends Man ever had.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Congrats Tony! She's a beauty.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Congrats Tony...Enjoy!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Kudos to you for taking her in Tony! The rescue I worked with to adopt my mastiff makes every effort to ensure that they end up in good homes, but you honestly never know. Happy to see her in what is guaranteed to be a good home.

And man, she is frickin gorgeous. Well done sir!
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,460
    That is a good looking animal! Our first dog was a white Shepherd. I trained her using the Koehler method. She kept the wife safe while I was at work. The wife let the dog out while someone was trying to break in through a window. Ginger got some that day....lol
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,580
    Tony your full of ****. I know the "real" reason you got a dog.

1. So you can explain the doghouse outside (thats actually for you) that provides: a) place to sleep OR b0 hide in when he's locked himself out of the house in the middle of winter in nothing but his bath robe
    2. Warm body to cuddle with in the event of 1b...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,151
    Congratulations Tony. enjoy!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,234
    Ain't she a beaut'
    Just let her chase some critters in the back yard and she's golden

When shepherds have been trained and well cared for the are truly the masterful breed
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,321
    Congrats!!!!!!!! Great dogs also.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,105
    edited May 2015
    Das ist eine seher shone Schaferhund Tony.

http://www.hundeverein-heilbronn.de/

My wife's family all had ties to this place a club where German Shepherd owners would train the police dogs and non police dogs for competition in attack and obedience training. My brother in laws wife's family bred and trained some of the most sought after dogs in Europe.

These veriens were in every town and the competition was very competitive, we would travel from town to town drink beer eat bratwurst and watch the Shepard owners dogs compete against one another. Dieter the person I'm talking about had two rooms full of trophies all first place he would not keep a dog if it didn't take first place.

His dogs could tear you apart at command but only at command we use to play with his dogs gentle creatures until called upon for duty. Enjoy your Schaferhund Tony nice looking dog.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    Dogs are the best people I know.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    edited May 2015
    Here's my pug mixes, Teddy and Bella. Note the awesome "flying V" guitar on Bellas chest:

z06vpgg7que4.jpg
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,334
    My beloved 13-yr. old dachshund, Lucy Lou, starts chemo tomorrow for Cushing's Disease. Please, think good thoughts for us.

6cqmdc0f80ng.jpg
  • steveinaz
    Doggie prayers sent Lucy Lou!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2015
    Congrats Tony, she's a beautiful looking dog, who now has a new loving family to take care of her!

Sending good thoughts Lucy's way!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Simplyrandom
    Simplyrandom Posts: 119
    Amazing animals. I had Cheyenne for 13 wonderful years before she passed.
    8ktsnmmyr19x.jpg
  • tonyb
    edited May 2015
    Figure I'd update this a tad. Sadly, the dog had to go back to her original owners. Nice dog and all, knew all her commands, had no problem accepting me as her master. She however had a huge problem with my other dog. Outside and on walks, they got along like best buddies, but in the house was another story. Soon as the wife showed our dog some attention, a switch went off in this dog and she went for the kill. Broke it up by putting my body and knee in between them. The dog disengaged, circled around the couch and ran to go back after my dog. My wife cradled our dog to protect her as I placed myself between the 2 dogs again. She stopped as soon as she saw me in her way and obeyed to get in her cage.

Now, I can tolerate a lot of bad dog behavior, and I have in the past. I pride myself on being able to train dogs, overcome behavior issues and such. This however is unacceptable to me and I simply could not put our dog in harms way again.

Damage....our dog received a nice hole in her ear and a huge gash on her upper leg. Just picked her up from surgery today to remove some flesh and get some stiches. All in all, cost me 600 bones to try and rehab this dog which btw the previous owners were not totally upfront about aggression issues.....or any other issues for that matter.

My dog will be fine in the end, she bore the brunt of it all though. Aside from having to wear the "cone of shame" she's going to be ok.

Moral of the story is....good intentions don't always play out as we may think they should.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's