Anyone into watches/timepieces?

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    edited April 2015
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    I have about 4 watches with rose gold, very popular the last 3 years or so. I remember seeing a watch show on tv probably 8 or 9 years ago with Tim Temple and the rep. from Vostok(?). They were showing a beautiful rose gold watch, thickly plated in 18K rose gold. I knew from that moment, someday, yes, someday, I was going to own a nice rose gold plated watch. Joey, that Rolex Daytona is gorgeous. For some reason some of your other pics won't show on my screen, maybe they are too big?

I'm going to repost some with photobucket...

Yes I agree, the RG Daytona is so killer
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Nothing fancy here, I picked this up a few years ago, heavy watch, lots of dials. Citizen Blue Angels watch. LCD is off as battery is removed. Nice watches guys. Thanks.h941h9259lwu.jpg
    wbxy8li6mcaf.jpg
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited April 2015
    Zero wrote: »
    You all and your fancy ****. Check out my time-keeping device and ride... #swag.23s3uqnrt66z.jpg
    I'm with you...I have been rock'n the same stainless steel/blue indiglo Timex watch for the last ten years or so. My wife bought me a nice looking fossil "blue" watch back when we were dating and still in college the first time. It stopped working after about 6 months. I still got it but its still broken. Before that I had another Timex indiglo with a leather strap. That one never let me down either, but the strap wore out. Your car needs gas btw.nfr15q0ekaqw.jpg

Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Well thanks a lot you ****...now I have 3 new Swatches on the way...
    Irony XLite Endless Energy
    YYS4001AG.jpg?v44

Irony Blustery Black
    YCS564G_sa000_nvs.jpg

Irony Black Coat
    YCB4019AG_sa000_nvs.jpg

Looking at grabbing a couple of others too...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • jeremymarcinko
    I like the black one. The orange looks nice.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Joey_V
    ^^^

I'm partial to white metals but I like the orange markers on the black.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited April 2015
    my other go to time piece. :)
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    Nothing fancy here, I picked this up a few years ago, heavy watch, lots of dials. Citizen Blue Angels watch. LCD is off as battery is removed. Nice watches guys. Thanks.h941h9259lwu.jpg
    wbxy8li6mcaf.jpg
    That baby's gorgeous! Are those 8 markers around the bezel luminous?

• Polkie2009
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Well thanks a lot you ****...now I have 3 new Swatches on the way...
    Irony XLite Endless Energy
    YYS4001AG.jpg?v44

Irony Blustery Black
    YCS564G_sa000_nvs.jpg

Irony Black Coat
    YCB4019AG_sa000_nvs.jpg

Looking at grabbing a couple of others too...

Nice picks there ZLTFUL :) I have to agree, I really like that black and orange ,sharp!
  • Polkie2009
    Zero wrote: »
    You all and your fancy ****. Check out my time-keeping device and ride... #swag.23s3uqnrt66z.jpg
    I'm with you...I have been rock'n the same stainless steel/blue indiglo Timex watch for the last ten years or so. My wife bought me a nice looking fossil "blue" watch back when we were dating and still in college the first time. It stopped working after about 6 months. I still got it but its still broken. Before that I had another Timex indiglo with a leather strap. That one never let me down either, but the strap wore out. Your car needs gas btw.nfr15q0ekaqw.jpg

Hey Jeremy, nice Timex indiglo, like the old 60's ad goes, Timex, it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. That Fossil Blue you have is a quartz drive right? Did you try replacing the battery by chance?
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Love the blue, as well as the black and orange ZLT. Nice choices!
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Polkie2009
    While watching the financials this morning on CNBC, they ran a spot from London where they were exhibiting the various new Apple watches and taking pre orders.I believe the actual first day of sale on some of the models will be April 24th in the UK, and other models follow in May and later? Various prices for different models, but it sounds like the no frills watch is about $350.00 .
  • jeremymarcinko
    I have been kind of on the look out for a decent gym watch. The ones from Nike and Fitbit seem to have a lot of features but I don't like the idea of having to charge a watch every few days. I suppose they are all that way though. I don't know that I need it to track everything I do, but I would like it to be lightweight, durable, and not stink after a week in the gym (no leather/cloth straps :) ). any suggestions?
  • Polkie2009
    Could you go with a silicone or polyurethane strap watch?
  • Joey_V
    Not familiar with sport watches for the gym so I can't help you there
  • jeremymarcinko
    Could you go with a silicone or polyurethane strap watch?

Yeahup
  • Polkie2009
    Timex Ironman models or Casio probably have numerous to choose from. I've never had the pleasure to own one, but ceramic watches would be another option for the gym etc...
  • Joey_V
    Timex Ironman models or Casio probably have numerous to choose from. I've never had the pleasure to own one, but ceramic watches would be another option for the gym etc...

Full on ceramic would be costly though.
  • Joey_V
    edited April 2015
    Promise some pics for Polkie2009...

Here are some pictures of my Rolex Sub. Photos are horrible... likely because this was in 2008 and I had the first gen iPhone.

ikqb6yx25mis.jpg
    dqk2hwdvft5u.jpg
    tv0c4o8m5pos.jpg
  • Joey_V
    Next up are photos of my Omega Planet Ocean. Lovely watch, I bought it because I saw Daniel Craig wore it. Honest.... lol...

ahba71igi3y0.jpg
    zzn2gkcvej39.jpg
    s2v3oy68qhbi.jpg
  • Joey_V
    Next up, Panerai 312... had a rubber and leather band. In these pics, rubber band was on because of the ocean.

yar38d2g3sqe.jpg
    vma65kfe2i6n.jpg
    31img9bexq4h9p2nr.jpg
  • Joey_V
    Next up, Panerai 292 black seal... no PIG dial however. That was a rarer Pam, the pig dial made it much more expensive too.

kflfbdmhlc4g.jpg
    dqvo5a4lh9du.jpg
    c8s7es2lqv2u.jpg
  • Joey_V
    My wedding watch - the Rolex Daytona in steel, black dial.

Also, a shot of my cufflinks during my wedding... they were awesome!

i6so3c6hzm3m.jpg
    f8v0za3rcpqo.jpg
    8g41v5tgz0u6.jpg
    2rdz4sfldqpj.jpg
    mundf01ez8qx.jpg
    dhj8u98fcpte.jpg
  • Joey_V
    My Rolex Milgauss, one of my favorite colors is green... and I love the green crystal on this one. Love the orange lightning bolt too. The orange markers are very nice as well.... as well as the orange numbers on the periphery. The black dial is matte... not shiny. Best view is from an angle, the green crystal really shines.

axfgdnftetzm.jpg
    tbwuj62z6pzz.jpg
    s1ubhzje777u.jpg
    5jwmkagchjxx.jpg
  • Joey_V
    My Rolex GMT II Ceramic. The ceramic bezel is shiny and appears grey in some views. It also has this mirror finish that looks really cool in certain lighting. I like the green 3rd hand, I also like the 24 hour bezel. This is my favorite watch to fly with.

PS
    I also included a pic of the green Milgauss again... very nice in the sunlight. :smile:

gyxj24ee4e46.jpglimgs9myraemih2q.jpg
    p7ts2wqh9ky7.jpg
    kuj5vge0ge80.jpg
    z0gvx6kw8z7i.jpg
    7nwfpkhrxgva.jpg
    6b7zc9dkhlwy.jpg
  • Joey_V
    Next up is the TAG Heuer Silverstone... newest in the collection. Very nice. I like the cushion case, but I also like how the case has different curves and brushed and polished sides. The blue is very vintage.

I bought this watch because I saw it on the movie Rush and was worn by Nicky Lauda.

Also have some pics comparing it to its cousin the Tag Heuer Monaco...

The Monaco is popular because it's the "Steve Mcqueen watch".

tj5769rjfk65.jpg
    i9xma4216owo.jpg
    ahrhlslvqk0t.jpg
    uv5a3d3qi1pt.jpg
    30xwy8xajlad.jpg
    d8kmd72c2dx9.jpg
    f55vbmstw3m1.jpg
    b3autpp6lgmv.jpg
    ylprjy15vd31.jpg
    r22qnacn8wdr.jpg

tagheuermcqueen2.jpg
  • Joey_V
    edited April 2015
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Ok wristwatch dumdum here, what's that extra green hand for if I can prove my ignorance on the subject? :)

The extra green hand is the 24 hour GMT hand. Basically it moves at 1/2 the speed of the regular hour hand. With a 24h hand, the regular hour hand "jumps" hour by hour when you adjust it via the crown while the green 24h remains static... if that makes sense. The jumping hour by hour is so that it's easy for you to adjust time zones when you land. You adjust the regular hour hand to your current time zone and leave the green 24h hand to the original time zone.

This allows you to track 2 time zones simultaneously. Makes it easy when you're say on vacation and wondering what time it is back home.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I have one of these, nothing special:

81o3EwCo9CL._UY500_.jpg

Though I never wear it. I just don't like having something on my wrist.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited April 2015
    This thread has moved into The Twilight Zone. There are too many dials and other gizmos on most of these watches. This is the best picture I can find of my last watch (mine wasn't solar), and it was last used at least 10 years ago. Even with this watch, the tick marks bothered me. All I really need on a watch are the two hands.

0w9ppp2iva0u.jpg

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Joey_V
    BlueFox wrote: »
    This thread has moved into The Twilight Zone. There are too many dials and other gizmos on most of these watches. This is the best picture I can find of my last watch (mine wasn't solar), and it was last used at least 10 years ago. Even with this watch, the tick marks bothered me. All I really need on a watch are the two hands.

0w9ppp2iva0u.jpg

If you want simple, movado. Simplest dial.