Any Tampa polkies here?

2»

Comments

• chefkungfu
    chefkungfu Posts: 638

And congrats on the lil addition that's on it's way!! :smile:

[/quote]
    Thank you my friend!! We now have 2! Boy and a girl!
    Velocity, If I get the SDA SRS then the gothams are out. It's one or the other, and I'm really looking at the Polks!
    Frank
    SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited April 2015
    Funny I haven't seen this thread until now. My house in Connecticut is on the market right now, we are moving to Tampa when it sells. Bringing the SDA's!
    Post edited by nspindel on
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    nspindel wrote: »
    Funny I haven't seen this thread until now. My house in Connecticut is on the market right now, we are moving to Tampa when it sells. Bringing the SDA's!

Congrats... I did a similar thing in December and have not looked back once... Wait till you realize the raise you just gave yourself!

F the Northeast... I don;t know why I stayed there as long as I did...

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • nspindel
    I can't wait. We are going to start off renting on Harbour Island.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • Came down 5 years ago from Illinois to Sarasota (40min South of Tampa). As Mikey said, never looked back.
    LivingRoom
    Source: HTPC
    Display: GT720 (on the wall)
    Receiver: HK AVR1700
    L/R: RS850 Signature
    Center: RSC200 Signature
    SS: Onix Rocket ELT DPA
    Sub: SVS PB1-ISD

2 Channel (in the making)
    Source: TBA
    Amplification: TBA (Integra 2.1 interim)
    Speakers: AV123 Onix Rocket Strata Mini
  • nspindel
    I was in Sarasota last week for the first time. Seemed like a nice place to retire to, but didn't seem like the kind of town that would be ripe with employment opportunities.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    I can't wait. We are going to start off renting on Harbour Island.

That was my second stop after Palm Harbor. Nice place if you want to live next to downtown activities. Settled in North Tampa now, Carrollwood. Let me know when you guys get in town, I can give you a little tour of the surrounding areas if you like.
  • nspindel
    I appreciate that, hope to take you up on it!

We've been to Tampa many times, I'm quite an avid Yankee fan and go down to spring training every year. Just got back on Saturday. We've been planning the move down for quite some time, happy to finally be putting it into action. The key to get us down there was to get my wife's company to transfer her down there, which she just managed to get approved. Her company has a big office in Brandon, so location has a lot to do with making the commute as easy for her as possible, so the downtown location is pretty nice. Any further west and the highway traffic starts to get very painful during commuting hours.

So we're looking at a rental community on Harbour Island called Post Harbour Place, right on the channel across from the arena. We're moving out of a big house where we've done tons of work and maintenance. So apartment renting is seeming very appealing right now! Down the road once we know we're happy down there I'm sure there will be a house and we really need to research neighborhoods. But coming off home ownership in the burbs for 19 years, I'm really psyched for a downtown lifestyle in a rental.
  • nspindel wrote: »
    I was in Sarasota last week for the first time. Seemed like a nice place to retire to, but didn't seem like the kind of town that would be ripe with employment opportunities.

Yeah, all depends on your preferred lifestyle :P In my early twenties I loved the party, college town I moved from (Champaign, IL), came to Sarasota and was like... wow... this is a slowed down, laid back lifestyle. Yeah, the avg age is much higher lol, but it has many, many gorgeous beaches, including the renowned Siesta Key Beach. If you like laid back, it's a great, beautiful area to live. Definately not known for nightlife, though there are things to do at night like drum circles and festivals, but I get up to ybor every once in a blue moon for some club fun. If you want kickin and a good mix, Tampa is just that :)
    LivingRoom
    Source: HTPC
    Display: GT720 (on the wall)
    Receiver: HK AVR1700
    L/R: RS850 Signature
    Center: RSC200 Signature
    SS: Onix Rocket ELT DPA
    Sub: SVS PB1-ISD

2 Channel (in the making)
    Source: TBA
    Amplification: TBA (Integra 2.1 interim)
    Speakers: AV123 Onix Rocket Strata Mini
  • nspindel
    Definitely would do a getaway to Siesta Key, but it's way too slow for living at this point in life. Maybe one day. For now,...
  • Sami
    So we're looking at a rental community on Harbour Island called Post Harbour Place,
    Been there, done that! We rented at Post Harbour and the experience was nice. Make sure you pay attention to mold/moisture issues as we had some in our apartment. In that location moisture is always something to worry about.
  • nspindel
    Oh wow thanks for the tip. We just grabbed a unit today, our lease begins on June 23. We got a 2BR with a loft and outdoor balcony right on the back street on the water looking right at all the boat slips.
  • Sami
    The pizza place next to the leasing center is eatable but not great. Jackson's has decent sushi and dinner (overpriced but OK). I would pay close attention to the convenience store as one time we sent the kids to buy some hotdogs and milk, they came back with stuff that was 2 months past due and when I went to return it the clerk just put them back to the shelf. 'Eddie's and Sam's' downtown is probably the best pizza in town (NY style). You want to avoid traffic whenever Lightning are playing...
  • nspindel
    Great advice thanks!!
  • Chops
    Chops Posts: 33
    Lakeland here, about mid-point between Tampa and Orlando.

I have news for you, Florida isn't the place to be for ripe employment opportunities. For that you're better off looking at Colorado, New Mexico, Texas or California. We'll probably end up out in CO or NM eventually, after the kids are out of school and out of the house. LOL

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    sami, you should come to the lone star audio fest this year.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • nspindel
    I am a Tampa resident one week from tomorrow!
  • Mikey081057
    edited June 2015

Good for you !!! I am about 140 miles south of you in Cape Coral. I am working down here spending my weekdays in Ft Lauderdale and my weekends in Cape Coral. I am blessed . Life is good here in south Florida. All Polkies are welcome here !!!!

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Sami

Congratulations and welcome to Tampa!

• nspindel
    Greetings from Tampa! Just arrived yesterday and starting to get my apartment set up. I'm actually flying back north in two weeks to finish packing up the house, and then the movers show up and we have the closing. By the time all that happens and the movers get the rest of my stuff down here, it will be pretty late in July. So I'm down here without much in the way of tools. Favor to ask, do any Tampa area Polkies have a drill and a ratchet set I can borrow? I bought a tv yesterday and would love to get it hung on the wall sooner than late July when the movers get my tools here. I would be most grateful!!!
  • Sami
    @nspindel absolutely! Send me a PM to figure out logistics.
  • nspindel
    Awesome! Much appreciated, PM on the way!
  • nspindel
    Huge thanks to @Sami!!!

Really appreciate you coming over and helping me out and really enjoyed hanging out with you. Looking forward to seeing you again!

By the way, I went to set up the bedroom tv after we got it on the wall, here's what I got:

x0t32zyvudq0.jpg

That's going back today!
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    Welcome I'm in pasco (Holiday area) 20/30 miles or less.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Mikey081057
    Welcome to Florida. I am in Cape Coral. Maybe we can get a SW Florida Polkie thing going soon!

• nspindel
    Definitely!
  • nspindel
    Shameless plug for a few local pickup items I have for sale here in Tampa, hopefully someone has some interest because my wife is going to kill me if I don't get this stuff out of the apartment!

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/170126/gik-244-and-tri-trap-acoustic-treatments-tampa-fl

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/170127/ikea-expedit-4x4-black-in-tampa-fl