UPS Smashed up my ML Electrostats

Options
Now I am pissed off, UPS just tanked my speakers and I am pissed. I even told the seller " Please dont use UPS!!" Well I helped the driver up stairs with the dolly and went to grab it off and he picks it up and like slams it upside down right infront of me. I told him it was upside down and he flips it round with no care.

I just opened the one box and its all depressed at the top and the panels broken clean off the frame as its all sunk down.

Is there anything I can do about these guys?

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Seriously....

Is this the boy who cried wolf?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    Options
    Here we go again. Last thread was closed, this will follow after 7 or 8 pages of BS... Wish I had the ban hammer...

vc63zj1ews4i.jpg
  • chefkungfu
    chefkungfu Posts: 638
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sorry to hear that...... but I think you have bad luck man!
    I just opened up a beer and sitting back for the show!

Maybe you should contact independent shippers like on "shipping wars"!
    Just saying, just as an alternative.
    SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • ken brydson
    Options
    chefkungfu wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that...... but I think you have bad luck man!
    Just opened up a beer and sitting back for the show!

Maybe you should contact independent shippers like on "shipping wars"!
    just saying just as an alternative.

Hope you have a LOT of beer. Gonna be a while..

• gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    Options
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Options
    I am like lost for words, this is just horrible.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    Options
    Get in that dam car & go pick it up & stop buying stuff that needs to be shipped. It will fit in the Porsche. Open the top-it is a convertable right. Be done with all this nonsense. Dont Forget your scarf
    Randy/Maine
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited March 2015
    Options
    rx0nx15vjqgl.jpg

Getcha popcorn ready for the all to familiar my s#$ t got smashed up in front of me by the UPS driver thread! I can only assume that the package was uninsured, and not properly packed. :'( Bummer dude
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    It was a pair of electrostats in the factory packaging. I got them for $1000 shipped!! I did not even have to take off the factory inserts as I could tell by eye they were scrap.
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    I know I should hold back from posting this kinda stuff but there is no way I should get in trouble for sharing this horror.
  • ken brydson
    Options
    I know I should hold back from posting this kinda stuff but there is no way I should get in trouble for sharing this horror.

gjqbxp9ayt47.jpg

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Yay!!! Here comes more funny pictures!!!b2lpiuqbab3d.jpg

Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • chefkungfu
    Options
    ^^^^ too funny!
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options
    ups.jpg
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • halo71
    Options
    attachment.php?attachmentid=6576&d=1343155315
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • halo71
    Options
    ups_girl.jpg
    --Gary--
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,259
    Options
    Is there anything I can do about these guys?

Well ......

pl59l47hd1oj.jpg
    ups.jpg 86.4K
    Sal Palooza
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »
    This is total BS and you know it PFB! Nobody has that much gear get smashed like that ALL the time. You are a liar, and why Ken S. allows you to continue trolling this forum like this is beyond me! Nobody is as stupid as you are....just can't be!

I can forgive anyone for thinking this as I have to admit this is one messed up horrible situation. I can even ask the poor guy on audiogon to come chime in on the thread that sold them to me.

It was not this guys fault and he is a great seller and totally nice to speak to. I tried to call him on the phone. Before he sent them we both anticipated these being broken so he took a ton of pictures before sending them out. I was looking at the boxes and the sticker that ups puts on the side of the box is upside down.

I watched the young guy rushing them onto the dolly from what I now know was upside down. Most of you know the shape of a ML electrostat and they were not designed for that kind of abuse.

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    As the saying goes: Pics or it didn't happen.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • chefkungfu
    edited March 2015
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »
    ups_girl.jpg

I wish my UPS driver looked like that!!!!
    I just have this petite brunette... She doesn't look like that 'tho!
    How she lifts and moves packages all day long is beyond me! She does have a helper most of the time she brings stuff to my house, I guess that helps out.
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    we both anticipated these being broken
    10574265464_449a1b2b96.jpg

afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,259
    Options
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    Well the speakers are not unpacked but at the top here you can see its fallen below the insert. The rest of the pics has my home in them and I dont wana post etc.

Guys I will ask Eric if any of you can pm him if you dont believe me or ask that the add from audiogon get shown. I have not heard back from him yet but rest assured there is no BS here, just plain old bad luck mixed with stupidity.

88ulml5gejro.jpg
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    I remember an old Simpson's episode where billboard and giant advertising characters came to life and started ransaking Springfield. The town defeated the "monsters" by adopting a "just don't look policy", with the help of a snappy jingle from Neil Sedaka. The rowdy advertisements just fell over dead when no one payed any attention to them. I suggest we all do the same.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    There is no way in hell one person can get so many mucked up deliveries.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    edited March 2015
    Options
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/166311/fs-logitech-squeezebox-boom#latest

And those of us razzing pfb are the ones who need to "give it a rest?" :D:p

If you're keeping score, I believe that's two supposedly damaged deliveries since the thread I linked. TWO...since Feb. 25
    Post edited by PSOVLSK on
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    First off, this is the clubhouse and this is how my day has went and therefore I posted.

John thanks for recommending I get banned but anyone knows if things get out of line its because many of you guys take the insults too far. I dont mind taking a roasting for some silly things I do but this aint my fault. If I was telling lies about any of this then I would consider it trolling but why would lie? These items have all came from audiogon and if Ken wanted he could ask me for the listings, any of you could?

I dont go around picking on people to try be the funny guy and if Iwascensored or banned for posting my day then its a forum I would not want to be a part of.

Its you guys who make the threads the way they are for the most part. There is such a thing as the ignore button so I recommended using it or just dont read a thread Ihave started.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    John thanks for recommending I get banned...

Glad to oblige...

Seriously though, I don't think you re a bad guy, but I do think you need a time out to sit back and think over some of the thing you do. If I had as many hard-luck experiences with shipping, I think I would stop doing it and go get the stuff myself. I certainly would not continue to do the same things over and over again and expect a different outcome. That is just stupidity in my book.

The same logic applies to your post history, and it is largely due to what I have said above. You are a pretty good egg when you are posting to offer help and such, but these threads do nothing to help you in any way. Why don't you step away from the keyboard for a bit, figure a few things out about yourself and why you are having these issues and then come back and try again, without all the drama.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    I ask that member's responses be, if not supporting, at least not so directly hostile. Instead of using it as a way to demean someone else, maybe try a different approach? The internet seems so full of venom it would be nice if this forum were different.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    PFB,
    The damage might not be as severe as it looks. I've replaced ML panels before and the last step is the panel is bowed slightly and positioned into the channel of the wooden frame. Your's might just need to be put back in place.
    Hopefully you can get them back in shape without much trouble.
    Regards, Ken
This discussion has been closed.