Broken record: 2nd tube amp in 3 days arrived smashed up

Options

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,223
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Ill thank you all not to ogle my wife! :)

My wife had to roll up my tongue earlier. Now she is threatening to poke my eyes out..
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Pron Star!? Bonus!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    edited February 2015
    Options
    have to be gentle with tube amps.
    tfdkbrz3al29.jpeg

• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »
    ermmm, that chick is a **** star. Just sayin'....

So ..... uhm ,,,,, might she available for social engagements, at a nominal fee, if one were so inclined ?

..,,,,,, just asking. For informational purpose only.

Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,223
    Options

So ..... uhm ,,,,, might she available for social engagements, at a nominal fee, if one were so inclined ?

I like the way you think sir... she could be a great...uhhhmmmm... asset for the next Polkfest.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • deronb1
    Options
    She has nice "hands"
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,679
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    She has nice "hands"

She has hands? Missed that...

• deronb1
    Options
    I meant glands :)
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    Options
    I would like to cut her grass..helpers are Welcomed, bring your own nail clippers.

Oh back to topic, PFB have you thought about a name change, with all the shipping/recieveing mishaps that seem to happen to you, maybe " Murphys Law " would be a Good name..
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    Options
    have to be gentle with tube amps.
    tfdkbrz3al29.jpeg

Bodacious that one
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    Options
    Rick88 wrote: »

I like the way you think sir... she could be a great...uhhhmmmm... asset for the next Polkfest.

You guys are on to something, and I'm in!! I'll ride my new bike there, and pitch in on the fees. I've always wanted to get to a Polkfest and meet some of y'all... B)

yuwtv3h3ll2b.gif

Just noticed she has hair too, and a brunette, man why do I have to be old.

humpty dumpty was pushed
  • chefkungfu
    Options

You guys are on to something, and I'm in!! I'll ride my new bike there, and pitch in on the fees. I've always wanted to get to a Polkfest and meet some of y'all... B)

yuwtv3h3ll2b.gif

I like this one even better Rick! I'll pitch in on the funds as well! lol!
    That would be fun..... Keep them coming!

SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    Options
    my wife walked into the office as I was reading this thread.... right as I googled who this little starlet is. Might want to take a look at her homepage.
    I have never had to prove I was reading an audio forum before...
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,079
    Options
    11tsteve wrote: »
    my wife walked into the office as I was reading this thread.... right as I googled who this little starlet is. Might want to take a look at her homepage.
    I have never had to prove I was reading an audio forum before...

Clicking on the minimize bar has saved me a time or two just make sure your in a position where they can't sneak up behind you :#

Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    Options
    I try very hard, but I had the headphones on, possibly a little too loud, and didn't hear her come down the stairs.... she was already standing next to me.
    Who knew.....

Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,585
    Options
    hehe...this thread turned out okay after all.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • deronb1
    Options
    hehe...this thread turned out okay after all.

It sure has! When life gives you PFB, you make PFB..aide. That didnt come out at all right. ;)
  • chefkungfu
    chefkungfu Posts: 638
    edited February 2015
    Options

yuwtv3h3ll2b.gif

My wife enjoys these kind of movies as much as I do!!! As long as we watch them together she doesn't mind at all... it's awesome watching them on the surround!

SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    Options
    Wow. I go away for a few days and return to this. How did I know? Just for the parties who are wondering, my picture was of a SC-05 that I bought off him and was shipped in a SC-25 box. All of the foam arrived like that, I did not break any of the pieces.

Took me a month to get my money back and I was still out $60 on shipping costs. His solution was to buy me a hdmi splitter for the dead hdmi ports. Live and learn.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I could show you guys the pictures as it was ZT;s crappy packaging job was horrible as there was nothing to keep this computer safe and it was all in the name to save himself a couple of bucks, why else would some one send out a pc like that.
    Having just read through this [pathetic] thread, I find myself wanting to see these pictures you speak of; 5 days seems like more than enough time to get them posted.
    And while I do not dispute there could have been some external damage to the packing, I find it hard to believe anyone* who's been around this Forum for awhile would do a sub-par packing job to "save himself a couple of bucks", but risk a reputation.

*referring to ZLTFUL here

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,986
    Options
    I am picturing this entire thread being projected onto a big screen in the Polk Audio, or parent company's, boardroom, being read through by the top brass in their suits. Funny thought....
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,532
    Options
    One thing is for certain, that gals children will not starve.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,575
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    One thing is for certain, that gals children will not starve.
    You can't feed kids silicone :o
    I have to wonder if PFB really p!ssed off the UPS guy.
    Either way, I only do FEDEX. UPS and me seem to have issues.

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,532
    Options
    This much I know, I'd never stand next to him in a thunderstorm...LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Would you sit next to him in a Porsche? Could be the last ride of your life.

Fixed for you.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,747
    Options
    I don't get this.

So many people seem to have such awful problems with shipping companies.

I have had so few, I'm in single digit percentages of "problems vs successes".

Also, at my last job, I shipped about $45M worth of testing and analysis equipment around the globe on a regular basis multiple times a year and lost ZERO pieces of equipment in the process. We used FedEx religiously with UPS or DHL or even Greyhound Package Services filling in for an emergency.

I think, if you get two different amps from two different sellers merely days apart and both are destroyed to the point that you need to recover the asset via insurance claim you either:

1.) Have a UPS/FedEx/Mailman/whatever delivery guy that just hates your guts

B.) You're running some kind of insurance fraud racket and posting your stories here in an effort to rationalize your brain to the point where you believe them too so you can sound convincing to the claims rep

4.) You're lying.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,679
    Options
    1, B, 4..LOL! My vote all of the above...
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    1, B, 4..LOL! My vote all of the above...

The new math. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,491
    Options
    Common core does work? :/
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
This discussion has been closed.