Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,055
    y6n070peoe1m.jpg

The view out my family room door to the deck on the back of the house.

Dang, I mowed my lawn yesterday...

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,597
    You win!
    “If your eyes didn’t water, it means I didn’t go deep enough” says the nurse administering my COVID19 test. She was sweet...
  • Rick88
    Rick88 Posts: 13,546
    I picked up this guitar today through Craigslist...

p8vd5tlg02id.jpg
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

• Rick88
    frt8g63r549f.jpg

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.” ~ Johnny Cash

• Rick88
    hdcm57bnxokt.jpg

• Rick88
    8jukiynnuxwt.jpg

• Rick88
    dbhkdif46njy.jpg

• Rick88
    ihs2sylhxg4h.jpg

• Rick88
    The guitar is "just" a Squier, but they have come a long way since the 80's. This is one of their "better" models, and I have owned several (mostly Telecasters). They are built every bit as good as (and sometimes better than) their made in Mexico Fender cousins.

This is a vintage Modified Strat HSS. They sell new for only $249, and are a lot of guitar for that amount of coin. I got this one from a Cornell University student. It is essentially brand new never used, and with a gig bag I paid $130. I haven't had a guitar in over a year, and when I saw it for that price I had to fly right up there and get it. I brought her home and polished it, and she looks like new!

Now, I have to order a small amp tonight... B)

tm2l9e71j2ef.jpg

• Rick88
    gi2hlpravk1p.jpg

• Nice looking Strat! I'm a lefty and have the Highway One version and love it. Have you looked at the Pro Jr's? I love mine, I put a vintage Celestion speaker in it and a Deluxe transformer. It's amazing how well it sounds for 15 watts. I have used it in most every club I've played in.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,835
    You got a very nice guitar for the money Rick. I've always loved that cherry sunburst on strats! Looks like the pickups are upgraded to SD's? :)
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,369
    Oops....oh well. Wonder what gauge that would be...
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,413
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    You got a very nice guitar for the money Rick. I've always loved that cherry sunburst on strats! Looks like the pickups are upgraded to SD's? :)

Those are Duncan Designed. There's a big difference in them in my opinion and experience. Nice looking guitar Rick! If you are into guitars with locking tremolo's (ala Floyd Rose, Kahler Spyder) let me know. Perhaps we can do some trading. I sure like that Marantz of yours.

--Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • mrbiron
    It just dawned on me....the irony of taking a picture of a camera. Too funny :sweat_smile:
    “If your eyes didn’t water, it means I didn’t go deep enough” says the nurse administering my COVID19 test. She was sweet...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,156
    and add in film vs. digital bodies, and it's like Bergman or something...

actually, it's about the same level of irony as writing about how a hifi sounds.

;- )
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,391
    I like how you can see the aperture through the lens.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mrbiron
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

actually, it's about the same level of irony as writing about how a hifi sounds.

;- )

Touché
  • ayf6gkdssr9n.jpg
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,156
    15959437694_0af08f82ff_b.jpg
    Scan0026 by mhardy6647, on Flickr

You know... in case you have any questions.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,233
    eurbumcpjzyq.jpg

My sister's dog, Buster. He shows up in various online lists of weird animals. This is not someone in a dog-suit, honest.
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    Rick88 wrote: »
    xqg173vrf8vn.jpg

Congrats Rick! The Low Rider is one of the nicest in the line up these days IMO. The muffler needs to be chunked and a Thunderheader in its placed. I suppose the factory muffler has a cat inside.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • mrbiron
    Is there a hole in that side of the ottoman?
  • Rick88
    Before heading out the door to work, here's a few for you,

TONY... ;)

tqnzdz5sdzbj.jpg

• Rick88
    aols4sz4w68b.jpg

• Rick88
    ywh04chevhey.jpg

• Rick88
    wn0i3254xtur.jpg

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,290
    AAAHHHH......the Calvary has arrived. Thanks pal.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable