Using the pre-out and AVR fronts at the same time?

I am looking for thoughts on the following:
I am currently running a Yamaha aventage 3010 AVR.
I use the front pre out to hook up a Nad amp to drive a set of rtiA9's.

I bought a second set of rtiA9's and am looking to pick up a second Nad but in the interim could I run the second 9's off of the powered "fronts" of the AVR?
I know they won't get the same power (as the Nad run 9's) but do not plan on running them at high volume.
Any harm in continuing running the front pre outs to the Nad and then additionally using the front speaker powered connections at the same time?

Interference with Nad amp possibly?

Also, when I get the second Nad.....just Y split off of the pre out to the pair of Nads?

Be gentle if I am suggestion total lunacy here.....I am still learning along my journey.
Speakers
Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
AMP - NAD C275BEE
Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    The answer to both of your questions is yes, you can either use both the preouts and speaker jacks or use a splitter to add a second amp. My question is why??? Are you using the second pair in a second room? If so, use the zone two speaker jacks that I am sure that receiver has. If you want to use them as width or height speakers, well there should be jacks for that as well. I don't understand the point of running two pairs as mains, but yes it can be done.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    I am just playing around with my setup is all...keeping one pair fixed and move/angle the second set around (still up front by my rig) to see if there is any sq benefit to be had.
    I do have front presence speakers (a little pair of a3's) and they are doing their job but I want to see if there is more to get out of my space.
    I picked up the second set of 9's for a great deal...if it adds nothing then so be it.

Thanks for your comments rooftop
    Speakers
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671

• l8x161pw6hn8.jpg

Per the manual, p.29.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Derm
    DSkip wrote: »
    Derm, don't read too much into this, but many people think the answer to great sound is surrounding themselves with more speakers. It isn't the case. Fewer, higher quality speakers go a lot further than more, lesser quality speakers. What I'm trying to say is if you want to improve your rig, look at replacement speakers instead of additional ones.

I started with 5.2 and now run only 2.0 and I'm happier than I've ever been for both movies and music. The difference is my 2 speakers are head and shoulders above the 5 I had before.

Thanks for the advice.
    You are very likely right and this will not be of any benefit.
    I paid $850 (tax in) for the second set of 9's new so I can move them no problem in the future.

Speakers
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE

• Derm
    l8x161pw6hn8.jpg

Per the manual, p.29.

Thanks for that... scratch that idea then.

Speakers
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE