Using the pre-out and AVR fronts at the same time?

I am looking for thoughts on the following:
I am currently running a Yamaha aventage 3010 AVR.
I use the front pre out to hook up a Nad amp to drive a set of rtiA9's.

I bought a second set of rtiA9's and am looking to pick up a second Nad but in the interim could I run the second 9's off of the powered "fronts" of the AVR?
I know they won't get the same power (as the Nad run 9's) but do not plan on running them at high volume.
Any harm in continuing running the front pre outs to the Nad and then additionally using the front speaker powered connections at the same time?

Interference with Nad amp possibly?

Also, when I get the second Nad.....just Y split off of the pre out to the pair of Nads?

Be gentle if I am suggestion total lunacy here.....I am still learning along my journey.
Speakers
Front - RTiA9 (2 pair) + LsiM707
Front presence - RTiA3 + LsiM703
Center - CSiA6
Rear surrounds - FXiA4
Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
Zone 2 - BlackStone TL1

AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
AMP - NAD C275BEE
Main HT - LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-S671 & Sony UBXP800

Bedroom HT setup - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector

Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock

Comments

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,888
    The answer to both of your questions is yes, you can either use both the preouts and speaker jacks or use a splitter to add a second amp. My question is why??? Are you using the second pair in a second room? If so, use the zone two speaker jacks that I am sure that receiver has. If you want to use them as width or height speakers, well there should be jacks for that as well. I don't understand the point of running two pairs as mains, but yes it can be done.
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine B, Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo, Squeezebox Touch
  • DermDerm Posts: 44
    I am just playing around with my setup is all...keeping one pair fixed and move/angle the second set around (still up front by my rig) to see if there is any sq benefit to be had.
    I do have front presence speakers (a little pair of a3's) and they are doing their job but I want to see if there is more to get out of my space.
    I picked up the second set of 9's for a great deal...if it adds nothing then so be it.

Thanks for your comments rooftop
    Speakers
    Center - CSiA6
    Rear surrounds - FXiA4
    Zone 2 - BlackStone TL1

AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE

Bedroom HT setup - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,244
    Derm, don't read too much into this, but many people think the answer to great sound is surrounding themselves with more speakers. It isn't the case. Fewer, higher quality speakers go a lot further than more, lesser quality speakers. What I'm trying to say is if you want to improve your rig, look at replacement speakers instead of additional ones.

I started with 5.2 and now run only 2.0 and I'm happier than I've ever been for both movies and music. The difference is my 2 speakers are head and shoulders above the 5 I had before.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • l8x161pw6hn8.jpg

Per the manual, p.29.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
    DSkip wrote: »
    Derm, don't read too much into this, but many people think the answer to great sound is surrounding themselves with more speakers. It isn't the case. Fewer, higher quality speakers go a lot further than more, lesser quality speakers. What I'm trying to say is if you want to improve your rig, look at replacement speakers instead of additional ones.

I started with 5.2 and now run only 2.0 and I'm happier than I've ever been for both movies and music. The difference is my 2 speakers are head and shoulders above the 5 I had before.

Thanks for the advice.
    You are very likely right and this will not be of any benefit.
    I paid $850 (tax in) for the second set of 9's new so I can move them no problem in the future.

Speakers
    Center - CSiA6
    Rear surrounds - FXiA4
    Zone 2 - BlackStone TL1

AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE

l8x161pw6hn8.jpg

Per the manual, p.29.

Thanks for that... scratch that idea then.

Speakers
    Center - CSiA6
    Rear surrounds - FXiA4
    Zone 2 - BlackStone TL1

AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE