Universal remote recommendations

Options
What is the best universal remote for the money?

Comments

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Harmony One is tough to beat...
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    The Emo Uno.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    Options
    F1 I dont see it on the site
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Harmony One
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Harmony one is discontinued
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Harmony one is discontinued

But it is awesome and you can still get it on eBay.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • lunazul
    lunazul Posts: 780
    Options
    Just purchased two Harmony 650 remotes. As long as you have 8 or less components, this is a very capable and affordable option.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I have the Harmony One and the Ultimate One. The Harmony One is an older model. Like them both. The Ultimate One is faster but I've had less problems with the Harmony One, like Ken said is tough to beat!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    F1 I dont see it on the site

You thought I was serious?

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• afterburnt
    Options
    How would I know?
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Roomie or iRule!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,083
    Options
    lunazul wrote: »
    Just purchased two Harmony 650 remotes. As long as you have 8 or less components, this is a very capable and affordable option.

I have one of these as well and use it for my BR Carver pre. It works very well and does what I need it to do.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I got the Harmony 650 and it is working out fine except it has a flywheel volume control on the TV volume. I will go from -30 all the way up to positive numbers is just a couple of touches of the button.
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    Options
    Gonna have to concur with the one
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ultimate ..

I like the Android app that comes with it too... (IOS app also available)
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    The overall king of Universal remotes is the Universal Remote MX900. At it's price point and ease of use, nothing is better. Since they made the MX900, they have come out with a very nice line of Colored screen, touch screen and very cool remotes. The mx900 is my personal favorite for the simplicity .

Harmony is probably you only bet for non professionally programmed remotes. They make the ultimate do it yourself models. They do however fail a lot as I have had countless customers over the years who went this route to save a few pennies and ended up getting one professionally programmed from Universal Remote.

Not to say everyone has had issues but they have a much higher failure rate then Universal Remote which is the best in the business.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.