RTIA9 replacement foot

Hi,

I just took delivery of a new pair of RTIA9 that I ordered online from Future Shop. The boxes looked good with no significant damage, but upon unboxing one of the speakers I immediately found that one of the feet had sheared off.

Future Shop will replace the entire speaker, but given its size I thought I'd check to see if I could buy a replacement foot first rather than trying to box it back up and shipping it out.

Does anyone know how easy/difficult it would be to obtain this part? I'm in Canada, so I'm not sure if this complicates things.

Thanks and regards,

Brian

Comments

• polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    Hello Brian,

I'm sure you can get a replacement foot for the Speaker, but seeing how the speaker sustained enough force to share off a foot I would be concerned that there may be damage internally.
    I would personally get a new speaker.

Cheers
    Roger
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    It's just a plastic outrigger, so it wouldn't take much to have it break off. As long as the cabinet exterior isn't damaged a new outrigger would be all that's needed. To get parts in Canada you will have to contact the Canadian rep, Walter something.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Hooked
    Hooked Posts: 2
    A big thanks to Walter Moser of Polk Audio Canada!

Excellent customer service!

Thanks also to those that provided their input to my original post.

Brian
  • gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    Careful in the future, I spiked mine and moving them ever so slightly left and right for toe in (a few to many times) I have broken 2 feet. Need to get a hold of Walter and grab a few spares from him.