Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited November 2014
    I'll admit I've been critical of Richard Sherman in the past, but I absolutely loved the 'press conference' today. I get where people can take issue with it and call it immature, but I thought it was brilliant and I loved it!

Very rarely can a single act like that change my outlook on somebody, but I instantly like him now because of that.
    I now take that statement back, after two interceptions tonight... :smiley:

The 49ers continued their downward spiral tonight unfortunately. I was hoping they'd get it turned around, but that offense is just horrendous and I don't see how that can change anytime soon. IF the rumors are true and Harbaugh moves on after this season maybe he'll find a way to take Kaepernick with him.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Boy Dallas sure stunk up the place today. :s
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    I don't recall seeing a division as collectively bad as the NFC South this year...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Just finished watching Kstate/KU for our Governor cup, lots of upsets in College again. and the day is not over.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I predict a rough game for my Broncos tonight
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    Yeah the Broncos are having a rough time so far.. LOL!!
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Yeah the Broncos are having a rough time so far.. LOL!!
    That game was pretty much exactly what I thought it would be only Denver was the team who got the breaks, take away a couple of fluke plays like the fake punt and the other Denver punt being so bad it hit the KC player in the back of the leg and you're looking at a different situation.

Denver is still a flawed team and if the playoffs were to start today nobody would give them a chance playing up in New England. Luckily that's not the case and there's still time to get some things ironed out.

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    I agree they're flawed, but some of those plays were fun to watch..

Some good football played yesterday..
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Watching MNF right now.....Jon Gruden is terrible. That is all.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited December 2014
    How bout the Buckeyes! Hope this gets them in the playoffs. I think this proves Ohio State can compete with anyone even with the third string quarterback. Jones is having one hell of a game.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I don't see Ohio State getting in, even with the blowout win over Wisconsin. If they do then the committee will have to explain themselves because the team they would replace, TCU, also had a blowout win. I didn't agree with the rankings going into this week, but I also didn't see anything today that would make those standings change.
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited December 2014
    TCU lost to Baylor so the Bears will take their spot, that will allow the Buckeyes to get in. Plus TCU's win was against an unranked Iowa state, where the Buckeyes shut out the # 13 team.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Can't really use that analogy because Baylor beat 9th ranked KSU and 3rd Ranked TCU (9th ranked at time of defeat)

Both Baylor and OSU lost to unranked teams...there's many ways to spin.

That's why there needs to be an 8 team playoff.

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • jeremymarcinko
    edited December 2014
    TCU and Baylor both won't be in the playoffs, only one, and those two teams are tied as the Big12 champions, but Baylor beat TCU so that breaks the tie. TCU won't get in...and it looks like they dropped to six behind Ohio State.
    Post edited by jeremymarcinko on
  • voltz
    should be announced today at 12:45pm my guess is eastern time on ESPN.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• jeremymarcinko
    edited December 2014
    Alabama will play Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl! Oregon and Florida State in the Rose bowl.

Now good luck to the Browns today. The Colts are going to be a tremendous test.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    My Colts damn near lost that game today, another slow start that required last minute heroics to get the win. The Colts are the NFL version of FSU, except without the undefeated record and the off-field drama with the QB.
  • voltz
    I wonder if the committee took the easy way out with Ohio State - not that they didnt earned it too as they all 3 should earned a shot. but if you choose TCU or Baylor you get the most criticism. As a big 12 fan I still think this maybe their best call. I would not have wanted to make that decision.

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    The Sugar Bowl and Rose Bowl should be very good games...the Fiesta Bowl should be a good one also....
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Iggles dominated by the Seagilles
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    That was a pretty sketchy win by Denver today, and another lackluster performance from Manning (we've had several of these this year). I'm actually ok for the time being because they're building a running game, but eventually they're gonna need to revive the passing game.
  • Browns let me down. Time for Manziel.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Needless to say I'm really disappointed in my 49ers this year, I'm not sure if they're mathematically eliminated at this point but it's pretty clear they're not going to really contend this year. I hope this year is a fluke and not the start of another 10 year downward spiral like the one we had to endure in the previous decade.

I'm probably one of the few who actually like Harbaugh as a coach, but I'll be surprised if he's still around another year. People hold the guy in high regard and talk about his successes, and he has taken some really bad teams and turned them around. But if you look at his career, both as a player and a coach, he's never won 'the big game'. If there's anything we've learned over the years, anything less than a Super Bowl win in San Francisco isn't going to cut it.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited December 2014
    Alabama will play Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl! Oregon and Florida State in the Rose bowl.

Now good luck to the Browns today. The Colts are going to be a tremendous test.

Let's see.

'Bama vs. OSU. Alabama should have no problems! Buckeyes don't even belong in that game.

Oregon vs Florida. I can't stand any of the Florida teams. Oregon looks "good"!

Seattle is beginning to surge! Watch out Packers, a good defensive team can shut "you" down (Patriots with a lackluster game had a chance to win, imagine what a GREAT defense would do!) I don't particularly care for the S-hawks, but you have to give credit where credit is due. Frankly I was pissed the Eagles had so much trouble with them at HOME! Won't be watching SB if it's a SHawks repeat. But more power to them if they do.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    The Falcons adjusted at halftime, called an extremely good offensive game in the second half, executed on a high level, and really put it all on the table and fought with guts to the end when lesser teams would've folded at halftime. They were anything but an average team. The Packers have an excellent offense with multiple weapons, many of which were never really utilized last night, but have much work to do to get consistent on defense before the playoffs. That game last night was real football.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    The Falcons in the second half speaks for itself. Their record has nothing to do with it. You think Julio Jones was average? Any given Sunday.
  • gce
    Johnny Football today...should be good!!!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    edited December 2014
    Welcome to the NFL scrub. (Insert Johnny Football).
  • Manziel not playing as bad as it seems. Oline is not getting it done...especially the center. Browns started struggling several weeks ago with the injury to the pro bowl center Alex Mack.
  • gce
    gce wrote: »
    Johnny Football today...should be good!!!

Well maybe not...

Anaheim Hills CA,