Possible centers for RTi A5

French_guy
French_guy Posts: 338
edited December 2014 in Speakers
Hello
What are all the possible center channels that will match with the Polk RTi A5?
If I order the RTiA5, I should also enjoy the 50% off for the proper center....
I think there is in the "A" serie the RTi A4 and also the RTi A6
But there is also the older serie, which is the CSi3 and CSi5
CSi3 is at $105 on Polk Ebay, while the CSi A4 will be ~$125
CSi A6 seems better, but much bigger as well......Is the sound difference really worth twice the price?
RTiA5 + CSiA4 + Jamo SW410E
Yamaha TSR-700 (equivalent to RX V6A)
No surround...yet

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Get the CSIA6 I had the CSIA4 at first then I kept reading on centers go big or go home it literally bugged me wanting to hear the difference so I bought the A6 sold the A4 a few days later. It is a beast so make sure you got room for it, better make up your mind 1 day left.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • So what about the difference: is it worth the price and size?
    Will it be ok with rtia5?
    No surround...yet
  • Arghhh......They are out of stock for the CSi A6 cherry. So now my option is to get the CSi A4 (50% off) or the CSi5 from Polk Ebay for $215....
    Not sure what is best.....!!!!
    No surround...yet
  • Get the csia4 then, it will match your mains aesthetically and will sound just fine. The a6 or csi5 will sound better but considering the availability of the a6 and the different looks of the 5, I wouldn't hesitate to get the 4 at that price.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Dont buy a center and wait for a CSi A6 to popup on Polks ebay site. You will get a refurb (that should look like new) w a 1 year warranty, free shipping and its discounted.

The center is the MOST important channel and I'd go big or go home.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • I agree the csi6 will be better, but a new a4 for only $125 is a great deal. If he decides to get an a6 at some point he won't have any trouble getting his money back out of the 4. The 4 is a good center that will certainly be better than no center and besides it's going to look great with the new mains.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Yeah, i pulled the trigger and ordered the Csia4
    I may get later a csi5 or csi a6 from Polk ebay with their "hassle freel" return policy to make some tests
    if much better, i should be able to sell the csi a4 without loosing money
    No surround...yet
  • Hey man if you do find a csi a6 at a good price later, jump on it. I played with both the a4 and a6 and i went for the a6 with my rti a9's. Have to get the best center that you can afford that matches the fronts and you will always have a good sound stage to build from.
  • will do......waiting to receive my new speakers, and later on will try to find a good deal on a CSi A6
    But isn't it too big for the A5?
    No surround...yet
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    No
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • gudnoyez
    edited December 2014
    The CSIA6 And the RTIA5s both have 6 1/2 inch drivers the CSIA4 has 5 1/4 inch drivers so the A6 matches the A5s perfectly having owned both the A4 is not a bad center to go with your A5s congratulations by the way, but the A6 is a better match and makes the perfect front soundstage.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• I keep reading the CSiA6 is FAR better than the CSiA4....
    I hope i haven't done a mistake ordering the smallest one... But it was a good price though
    I have to rearrange my curent TV bench anyway, using some Ikea Besta cabinets, and i will have to make sure i have room for the CSiA6....and keep an eye on some great discount or used!!!!
    No surround...yet
  • Dude the a4's will do you fine, the a6 is better but the a4 at that price was a steal. Have a play with it and if you are happy with the sound than theres not need for an upgrade but if you are left wondering than by all means go after the a6.
  • yep, that's the plan.......will have to find a place to get the CSiA6 for test !
    No surround...yet
  • gudnoyez
    The A4 is a fine center give it time to break in you will be happy with it save your money for that AVR you want the reason I sold my A4 was because I sold it to a buddy along with one of my AVRs. I got the A6 because I was ready to upgrade my AVR to one with preouts and 3 channel amp.

In other words the A4 will be fine until you are ready to upgrade the rest a little at a time, one thing I can tell you I have spent a lot of money since joining this forum easy goes it don't go for it all at once think of the WAF B)
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• What is good in this hobby is to have somehow a "long term plan": if money was not an issue and you could get whatever you want and whenever you want it, it would be less fun. My next expense will be to build my TV bench from some IKEA Besta cabinets
    And also make some comparative tests (in stereo) between my current TSi300, my new RTi A5, and some old Jamo Alto Signature (bookshelf) from 2 different AVRs: my Pioneer VSX920 and and old JVC RX888.....
    No surround...yet