It's done.....order placed, finally !!!

Yeeehaaa.....After several posts and tons of great answers, I've finally placed my order for 2 x RTi A5 and 1 x CSi A4 - Cherry
It will be my Christmas gift.....
Now I have to sell my TSi 300 and CS2
RTiA5 + CSiA4 + Jamo SW410E
Yamaha TSR-700 (equivalent to RX V6A)
No surround...yet

Comments

• Congratulations! You're going to be very happy.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • I hope so......my AVR is a Pioneer VSX 920 (7x110w).....maybe not the best one, but i will upgrade when i can
    No surround...yet
  • French_guy wrote: »
    Yeeehaaa.....After several posts and tons of great answers, I've finally placed my order for 2 x RTi A5 and 1 x CSi A4 - Cherry
    It will be my Christmas gift.....
    Now I have to sell my TSi 300 and CS2

By the way, how much can I/ should I sell my 2 x TSi300 and my CS2 (both in perfect shape)
    No surround...yet
    I hope so......my AVR is a Pioneer VSX 920 (7x110w).....maybe not the best one, but i will upgrade when i can

If its serving you well and it has pre outs tha invest in an amp maybe? Just a thought.
    Congrats on the purchase. Cherry rti is lovely to look at, and i hope it fits in well at your place.
    I hope so......my AVR is a Pioneer VSX 920 (7x110w).....maybe not the best one, but i will upgrade when i can

If its serving you well and it has pre outs tha invest in an amp maybe? Just a thought.
    Congrats on the purchase. Cherry rti is lovely to look at, and i hope it fits in well at your place.

No pre-out....I think I paid something like $250 in 2010. So I doubt it's a "great" AVR
    However, it serves me well, especially with its upscaling ability for my daughter's Wii and PS2.
    Will see how it works with my new RTi A5....Can't wait (but I will have to wait Christmas anyway)
    No surround...yet
  • That's going to be tuff.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • I told my wife yesterday morning "Don't get me anything for Christmas, because I will buy some speakers since I've received a coupon I can't ignore".....
    So I guess I will have to be fair and wait for Christmas
    I wonder if she will wrap them up with a nice Christmas gift paper
    No surround...yet
  • I hope its the avr she wraps and not you in a blood stained carpet ;)

But yeah gotta give in a little and wait. I have been waiting for few months now. Getting excited as am close to getting my package.
  • NYmike
    NYmike Posts: 13
    Hello all,

I too just ordered the RTI A5. I am coming from monitor 60's which for the money are pretty decent speakers. Are the 5's going to make a big difference? I hope so. my current receiver is a yamaha rx a2010, I already have the csi a4 so I am matched upfront (no room for the csi a6) so I hope I will be ok. Has anyone upgraded from monitor to rti?
  • I will let you know.....My TSi300 are the newer version of the Monitor 50
    And you will also have to tell me about yourself, compared with your monitor 60
    No surround...yet
  • Yes. I have upgraded from a complete 7 ch monitor system that consisted of 70s, 50s, 40s, and the cs2 to the rti line. There is a big difference in sound. I would say that the monitors have more sparkle and really bring out the richness of string instruments but midrange is their weakness. The monitors struggle to produce natural sounding voices. The rti line doesn't have all of the sparkle, but are more accurate. Rti is clearer than the monitor but has a flat frequency response. At first you will think that the rti speakers are less lively but you will soon notice the realism of sounds coming from the rti line far outweighs the inaccurate musicality of the monitor series.
  • NYmike
    can't wait I should be getting them by the 17th. I will share my thoughts, but for 399 for both this was a no brainer.
  • Order has arrived.....Hardest part now is to wait until Christmas!!!
    No surround...yet
  • NYmike
    pretty fast shipping.mine will be in tomorrow
  • Yeah....I placed my order on Thursday, and the order was delivered on Monday !!!
    No surround...yet
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    NYmike wrote: »
    Hello all,

I too just ordered the RTI A5. I am coming from monitor 60's which for the money are pretty decent speakers. Are the 5's going to make a big difference? I hope so. my current receiver is a yamaha rx a2010, I already have the csi a4 so I am matched upfront (no room for the csi a6) so I hope I will be ok. Has anyone upgraded from monitor to rti?

I went from the Monitor 60's to the Rti8's (almost the same) and it's a very nice upgrade, I had a Yamaha AVR too and it's a very clear and clean sound. It's fantastic for HT, very noticeable upgrade in the overall detail especially in the treble and midrange, you'll be glad you did it!
  • NYmike
    Today was the day I had time to swap out my Monitor 60's for the RTI A5. The first thing I did was run YPAO to see if any difference in speakers level compared to the 60s.. The yamaha did it's thing and I was ready to check these out. I was telling my wife not to expect much of a difference until these speakers had some time to brake in. I put on some fleetwood Mac and watched as her jaw dropped open. These speakers sound soooo much better then the 60's. Blended with my svs sub music is so much fuller. Even in other parts of the house we both noticed a fuller difference. I got these on the friends and family sale but I have to say even if I payed full price this was a great upgrade. Imaging in stereo mode was much better, mids where much better as well as the highs.The svs kicks in at 80hz. Could not be happier.
  • Can't wait to set up mine......Christmas day is in 10 days !!!!
    But your comments are putting me on the "hyper exited mode"
    No surround...yet
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Glad your enjoying them NYMike, now please go change your shorts, I can smell ya in Chicago. LOL ....enjoy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • NYmike
    Not quite that bad, but pretty damn close.. lol
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    It's pretty cool when you make a move and it pays off. Congrats!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • DSkip wrote: »
    $200-250 for the trio should be close to market value. If you want to move them fast, throw them on the clist for $150.

Looks like I have potential buyer interested at $275 for the 3 speakers (2 x TSi 300 and 1xCS2)...Is this a good sale or could/should I sell at a higher price?
    No surround...yet
  • I agree. Sell it. How are you liking the new speakers?
  • I re-installed my TSi300 for the buyer to listen to them.....Waiting for him, I did some comparisons with the RTi A5.
    I could not switch quickly between speakers since I don't have a speaker switcher. So I had to listen to 1 song, then change the speakers, and listen to the same song
    I used the same source (my laptop plugged onto my receiver, set on Pure direct) and listen to Vivaldi "The four seasons", and also Lisa Gerrard - "Sanvean" and Dead Can Dance - "Song to the siren". Sound is nice on the RTiA5, but it was not a big "WOW".....One thing i noticed: with the TSi300 and a slight toe-in, I really have the sensation that the sound came from my center speaker. I could not feel the same thing with the RTiA5, with the same toe-in
    I may have to give it some time to break in, and play with the positioning
    i will also have to watch a full movie
    Another thing: right after I installed the RTiA5, the 1st thing I did was to play Assassin Creed on my PS3: I immediately noticed a difference, with the sensation of a clearer sound
    Anyway, I'm still happy with my purchase
    No surround...yet
  • My TSi300 towers and CS2 center were just sold today, at $280. The buyer liked them..I think it's a good deal for both of us
    Now, I need to break-in my RTi A5.
    Also, I have to wait for a quiet house to run the MCACC calibration. I tried yesterday, but i had the "Too much ambient noise error" several times
    No surround...yet
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    You shouldn't even attempt calibration with out an absolutely dead quiet house. The A5's put out more sound so you may have to also adjust your listening position to get that center feel back. Glad you like them, enjoy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Didn't have much time to fully enjoy them other than some gaming on the PS3
    I will watch a bluray tonight, can't wait
    But they are gorgeous and look great in my family room....
    No surround...yet
  • NYmike
    Hi French
    I am kind of surprised that you didn't notice a significant difference or the wow factor on the A5 compared to the tsi300. I am not sure if it is a power issue or running your calibration from your pioneer. I am running the A5 with a Yamaha RX A2010 which on paper pushes 140 watts per channel. I have tested A5 and monitor 60 with a few different source material and noticed a really big difference between the two speakers. I am also running an svs sb1000 sealed sub crossed over at 60 or 80 hz an oppo bdp 103 blue ray player and most of my music is inFLAC files. I have considered adding an emotiva 2 channel amp to power the A5. But at this point I don't think I need it. I know you said you may upgrade your receiver but if it has the features you need adding the emotiva 150 watt 2 channel amp for 300 bucks in the future might just help.
  • French_guy
    French_guy Posts: 338
    edited December 2014
    My Pioneer has upscaling from component to hdmi, which is something I need (for now at least since my daughter is still using her Wii and PS2).
    But it doesn't have pre-out......so I will have to upgrade with a better one someday, still with upscaling ability, and also pre-out.
    The Pioneer is given at 80W (20Hz-20Khz, 0.8% THD @‌ 8 Ohm)
    Maybe I should look at what they have a Costco to just run some tests....?
    Post edited by French_guy on
    No surround...yet
  • NYmike
    Try an entry level Yamaha a engage rx a740 or the entry level pioneer elite