Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Yea...the Bears had that game well in hand....till they shot themselves in the foot....unlike the Bengals...that Brady literally took appart on national TV....from New England's first possession. Wasn't even a contest.....
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    The Seahawks sure look dominant again this year, are we sure they're getting their players from the same draft as the rest of the league???

Maybe the NFL should just go ahead and award them the trophy now and focus more on the rest of the league playing for second place :smile:
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    They're playing the Skins, anyone would look dominant playing the Skins this year.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Also, seems like the Redskins have a pretty bad home field advantage, that crowd seems just as loud when they have the ball on offense as when their opponent does. Maybe it's just where the MNF booth is, but sure sounds like a lot of crowd noise going against Washington when they're on offense.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Hawks almost beat themselves with the penalties on the O line. Harvin has to be pissed to have 3 TD's called back... Now for Dallas...
  • gce
    Well all I can say is Dallas better have a LB assigned to Wilson and the crowd noise is going to be killer! Good test for Dallas...hope that pass.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I don't know that Dallas has a single player good enough on defense they can use as a spy on Wilson, we shall see.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Seahawk's and Dallas will be a fun game
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    Seahawk's and Dallas will be a fun game
    If you're a Hawks fan maybe, or just like me and hate Dallas. Cowboys fans are not gonna have fun though, Seattle will and should be disappointed with anything short of crushing Dallas.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Wilson is getting ridiculous. If I was an opposing coach, I would take the penalty and have 3 guys crush him the next time he ran. Seattle's couch will forbid him to run after he gets crunched a few times.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    I think the Seahawks are very good...but someone will ring Wilson's bell sooner or later...just like what happened to Vick....
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    A lot of people want to compare Wilson with guys like Kaepernick, which is interesting to me. I think Kaepernick is a better runner, thrower and overall pure athlete and has physical dimensions that should result in a better QB. However, given the choice as a 49er fan, I'd take Wilson over him in a heartbeat, and I said that last year long before they won the super bowl.

I don't know how you quantify this, but Wilson just has a much better feel for the game. He always seems to make the right decision, makes the right throw and runs into the correct spaces. Forget everything else and just watch him and Kaepernick run throughout a game, Kaepernick seems to have better speed and better moves, Wilson seems to always put himself in a position where none of that really matters.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited October 2014
    Any QB can be shut down by a "good" defense, history provides abundant examples of the best performing less than average now and then. I am not, personally that impressed by R. Wilson, only TIME will tell whether this, supposedly "new" kind of QB has any staying power or whether it's just a "transitional" period that we're in. Mr. Wilson is only a little over 200 lbs and not even a 6 footer (heck he's smaller than yours truly, although he currently weighs a little more because I've been dieting for over five months). Let him get smacked a few times and we'll see how much that scampering will continue. Not that I wish him or anyone else injury, it's just the nature of the game when you have defensive guys who range in size from over 300 to 230 with the smaller linebackers being SOLID muscle and laughing at 400 lb bench presses it won't be long before you run into a brick wall!

And I agree, beating Wash. is no big deal there are a number of pretty good teams this year in the NFC capable of that and more.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Wilson hardly ever gets hit though, that's the one area where he's really different. He took a couple good shots last night, but when he's on the move he almost never gets touched because he always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

It's obviously easy to overreact, but I've not yet seen anything with him that would concern men.
  • tonyb
    Vick started out the same way. If a running QB was the PBJ of football, more would be like that. Unfortunately it offers short term gains and an even shorter career as a QB once they start crushing you. I like Wilson, wish the guy a long and prosperous career, but if he keeps running like he does his career will be short lived.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited October 2014
    Vick was totally different though, he was super fast and elusive and had some unbelievable runs, the problem with that style is it's only effective as long as you're the best runner on the field and those skills diminish quickly as you age.

Wilson is different, he's not all that fast or elusive and not what I'd call a great runner. Seriously, watch him run and count how many runs he takes hits on, he just always seems to be running into an area where there are no defenders and gets out of bounds or slides without being hit the majority of the time.

RG3 is a lot more like Vick, and we see how well that has worked for him.

Ultimately time will tell though, so we'll see.
  • tonyb
    Yep, RG3 is already done imho. Wilson will eventually come up against a defense that has his number and like you said, he isn't a big dude.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Wilson is different, he's not all that fast or elusive and not what I'd call a great runner. Seriously, watch him run and count how many runs he takes hits on, he just always seems to be running into an area where there are no defenders and gets out of bounds or slides without being hit the majority of the time.

I totally agree. I've NEVER seen anyone in my lifetime play QB in the NFL in such an "in-control" way at that early of a stage in their career as Russell Wilson. He already appears to have the built-in clock of Peyton Manning. Somehow, everything seems to play out in slow motion for the elite few. He played QB in that game last night as well as anybody is playing in the game today.

• gce
    Wilsons going to get his bell rung if he keeps running like a running back. Maybe because he's short (5'11) for a QB he's just not seeing the whole field so he just takes off.
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    gce wrote: »
    Wilsons going to get his bell rung if he keeps running like a running back. Maybe because he's short (5'11) for a QB he's just not seeing the whole field so he just takes off.
    Methinks you're not actually watching the games, because, as I've said above, that's not how he runs or plays the game. The guy hardly ever gets touched and yet has a ton of rushing yards, because he DOES see the whole field and almost always runs into areas where there are no defensive players.
  • gce
    I'm not talking running lanes. What I'm saying is he's not seeing his receivers. He's only ranked 25th in passing.
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• ken brydson
    gce wrote: »
    I'm not talking running lanes. What I'm saying is he's not seeing his receivers. He's only ranked 25th in passing.

Hawks are a run 1st offense. They feed the pass off that.

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited October 2014
    My Colts damn near blew a 24 point lead, they seriously need to learn how to play 60 minutes of football or they're gonna get bounced in the playoffs again this year.

JJ Watt is just a freak, when they get Clowney back that defense is gonna be brutal.
    Post edited by AsSiMiLaTeD on
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Hell of a game tonight....that was fun to watch.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited October 2014
    Apparently someone forgot to tell my Broncos that there's a football game going on up in New York today, this is some of the worst football I've seen them play. It's actually a worse start than the super bowl, luckily they don't have Seattle on the other side of the ball.

Manning looks off today, even on the TD pass he threw he doesn't look like himself at all
    Post edited by AsSiMiLaTeD on
  • ken brydson
    2 hours til Seattle Dallas. Can't wait!!
  • gce
    2 hours til Seattle Dallas. Can't wait!!

How in the H E L L can the Boys win at CenturyLink Field...very nervous right now!!! Just hope its a good game.

Anaheim Hills CA,

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    Am I the only one who hates all the sponsor names on all these stadiums?
  • gce
    Am I the only one who hates all the sponsor names on all these stadiums?

I agree, it looks like $hit but they gotta make money...that's what its all about!
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    Are there still any stadiums left that don't do that, how do those teams make money?

That is a helluva first half of football by Dallas by the way, it's starting to look like all the hype about this Dallas team may be justified. Too bad I live 5 miles from their practice facility and am not a fan :-)