Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    After watching that Drew Brees roughing call, I think it's inevitable that the NFL will start putting flags on qbs. And Brees' reaction was equally embarrassing.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited September 2014
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Well I think I am ready for the Teddy Bridgewater era start McKinnon at RB rookie or not, don't think Peterson was our future anyways nor Casell, so go Teddy looking forward to see him start against Atlanta. John if by chance your reading this, back me up here would ya!

I agree, we got some young talent so lets give them a chance to develop and the best way is in the game :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Ok, I'm not a Green Bay fan at all, but Rogers is an unreal QB. The TD got called back, but he just made a ridiculous throw across his body while in the air probably 50 yards, an unbelievable play that won't count because of a penalty.

Also, the Bears totally screwed up that end of the first half, bummer not come tome away with anything there...
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited September 2014
    I'm obviously biased and not that it matters given how poorly they're playing this year, but seems like quite a few bad calls against my 49ers so far this year and one already today...
    Post edited by AsSiMiLaTeD on
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited September 2014
    I said it last year and I'll say it again, I do NOT like having Kaepernick quarterbacking one of my teams. He's a great athlete, but he looks disinterested at times and doesn't seem to have a good grasp of the game mentally.

Great defense today, but the offense put the team in really bad spots throughout the game...
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    So yeah I feel comfortable ordering a Bridgewater Jersey what a great game I'm happy for the Young man, it's Bridgewater and McKinnon time.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • HOW ABOUT THOSE BUCS!!!! AWESOME GAME!!! Today's victory was the first victory in franchise history against Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh. That game had to be the upset of the day. I'm looking for more good things to happen. :)
    Paradigm 11seMkIII mains, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Paradigm CC 450 center, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Polk Audio RTi6 surrounds
    Paradigm SE sub
    Sony BDP S5100 blu-ray player
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
    Audioquest Evergreen IC's
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I wouldn't get your hopes up for the Bucs, but that's was a helluva comeback today and fun to watch
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Are you kidding me...The Cowboys are hitting on all cylinders!!! Keep it up!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited September 2014
    The Saints have no defense, and the Cowboys can pass all day long into that secondary. Their defensive line seems a tad on the light side compared to the Cowboys offensive line.....and the NFL in general.

My Bears also lack in defense.....as evident by the clobbering they took today.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    After the last couple weeks they've had I don't think anybody was beating the Packers yesterday, and the Bears were in the game until Cutler started pressing and throwing pics.
  • tonyb
    First pic was a deflection so can't blame Cutler for all of them but he does have a tendency to throw pics when aggravated or pushed outside his comfort zone.

Now the Saints receivers....need some work. First quarter Drew was hitting them square, and they were dropping balls. Unacceptable in my book. They can't play on the road on either side of the ball and only offensively at home. Change in a big way is needed there while they still have a QB of Drews talents.

Back to my Bears.....I blame a lot on the coaching, lack of ability in some defensive players. They simply could not stop Rogers from marching down the field and rarely even blitzed the guy. You don't give a QB of Rogers caliber all day back there, they'll kill you. Heck, he had time to order Jimmy Johns. Plus the Bears have never been good at managing the clock as evident by the end of that first half.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    No Bridgewater for the game tonight, now the nation has to endure another Ponder outing. The Vikings are gonna get crushed tonight, I'll probably be tuning out by halftime, too bad because I was looking forward to watching a decent QB play for the Vikings
  • gudnoyez
    edited October 2014
    The Vikings beat the Packers with Ponder 2 years ago and they had to play at San Francisco in the playoffs they lost home field advantage when Ponder or should I say Peterson beat them. It's a short week why risk Bridgewater in the weather we are having here in the upper Midwest tonight.

Who knows maybe Ponder might play better under Norv Turners wing. ( highly doubtful ) but a Viking fan can only hope. I read on the Star Tribune today that half the state of Minnesota will shut their tvs off if Ponder Starts. I hope Teddy mends fast.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    I lied, I'm not even gonna make it until halftime, I don't understand how Ponder has managed to hang on to his job for so long. I'm not a Vikings fan and don't really follow them so maybe I'm missing something but the guy looks worthless as a QB.

I'll be switching over to the Oregon game when it starts, hopefully that and the second baseball game can keep me occupied...
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited October 2014
    zzzzzzzzzz effin Poder-ous
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited October 2014
    Dood dod, that was beyond terrible! Vikes were missing on ALL cylinders. The most glaring of which was at the QB position. Ponder pretty much sealed his fate tonight. He had the big stage of a nationally televised game and he just stunk the joint up. He STILL looks at his one and only receiving target on any given play, advertising to the D where he's going with the ball right from the snap. They (D) either make the play on the ball or it's overthrown, underthrown, or just plain "off"! He gives NO fake handoffs while dropping back, happy feet in the pocket, poor/slow decision-making, etc., etc.

I was hoping that he'd make a good showing, maybe just to prove he wasn't as bad as everyone has been saying he is. Maybe he'd then have had some trade value. Buuuuuuuuut......NOPE! Hopefully, he's socking away a little of that $1.7M he's being paid to man the clipboard this year. Which, by the way, ain't a bad gig if you can get it.

Also, why in the heck are they not getting C. Patterson the ball?!? No runs, threw to him maybe twice. They didn't even use him as a decoy back. They REALLY need to het he and McKinnon much more involved.

Tough day in the region of Viking fandom....

Oh yeah, and Matt Kalil is WAY overrated! So is Brian Robison! Phil Loadholt is a turnstile!
  • tonyb
    Agreed, felt embarrassed for the Vikings last night. Ponder....isn't even a decent 3rd stringer.

I'm from Chicago, we know a thing or two about being embarrassed on the football field.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gudnoyez
    Yeah pretty sure Ponders football days are numbered. I think the O line or the players don't care for him being the QB, as the O line could not protect him as he's not a passing threat so they blitzed a lot he sure missed a lot of receivers that were wide open. Teddy will be ready in 10 days to show Ponder how it's done.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Yeah pretty sure Ponders football days are numbered. I think the O line or the players don't care for him being the QB, as the O line could not protect him as he's not a passing threat so they blitzed a lot he sure missed a lot of receivers that were wide open. Teddy will be ready in 10 days to show Ponder how it's done.

Regarding Ponder - today, Greg Jennings said, "I can only do my part. That's the one thing that always sucks about playing receiver; you can't throw yourself the ball," Ouch!
  • My Buckeyes are getting a nice early lead. Maryland shouldn't give them too much of a problem, but we shall see.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • gce
    Looking forward to the Texas Bowl tomorrow morning! :)

wtpk27fl6isu.jpg
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Fantastic day of college football, some great games.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Good think the Packers have been hitting lately, because the Badger game today was just brutal.

Talk about bad QB's, Gordon rushed for 259, but couldn't overcome the FOUR pics thrown!

Wisconsin has been a solid program since the Alvarez era started, but since coach Anderson took over things have not been good.

He has had a few "signature losses" now without one signature win.

Not that I liked how Bilema left the program, but obviously Anderson isn't the answer.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Michigan State is looking good!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • gce
    Oh No...I smell overtime!@#$%
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    gce wrote: »
    Oh No...I smell overtime!@#$%

I smell the Dallas defense

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    It's no secret that I haven't been the biggest Patriots fan given how much they beat up on my Colts over the years, but after all the talk this week about how they are done I absolutely loved the way they came out and played those first couple drives. Who knows how the game or this season will end but that was a fun 10 minutes of football to watch.

I loved the crowd chanting 'Brady!' after that second TD...
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Super classy move by the Patriots tonight with the tribute to Stills' daughter and the whole pediatric cancer thing
  • tonyb
    My Bears once again put on a great tutorial on how to lose a game with turnovers. The NFL should use this team in their teachings of what not to do.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's