New Polk Home Page

A step in the right direction! All of the old textures and images made things unbelievably cluttered. Good on you Polk!

For the forum, cruise over to the Emotiva Lounge for design ideas. It's a really clean layout, easy to navigate, easy on the eyes, etc. Not perfect, but one of the nicer ones around.

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited September 2014
    It is much better than before, and better than the forum layout, but there is no (apparent) link to the forum.

ltsp78atxy9d.jpg
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • audiocr381ve
    audiocr381ve Posts: 2,588
    edited September 2014
    Click on almost any other page and there is a link in the footer.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    It is worse than the forum IMHO
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I bet Jesse won't like it :)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited September 2014
    I never use the home page. but from the screen shot above it looks a lot better than this mess. I see one line of red text there, so much for the tie together excuse.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    Good point. The "Free shipping" is in red, which is good as it gets the reader's attention, versus having their retina seared by massive red text overdose.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    Is **** still censored?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Yep, still in Kindergarten.

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    No, **** is okay. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    My first reaction to the home page is "Does Polk still make real speakers?" Mostly what I see is crap for the iPod generation.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited September 2014
    If Zuckeberg has his "way" we'll all HAVE to have a facebook account in order to visit any site or buy "anything". I can't wait till I'm ready to make a purchase from Polk and I get a message like the one from Yamaha: like us on facebook and you can enter our "giveaway".

Is that where all this is going? Because I will NEVER do facebook! NEVER! Although my Avatar is pretty "photogenic", wouldn't you say? lol

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    cnh wrote: »
    If Zuckeberg has his "way" we'll all HAVE to have a facebook account in order to visit any site or buy "anything". I can't wait till I'm ready to make a purchase from Polk and I get a message like the one from Yamaha: like us on facebook and you can enter our "giveaway".

Is that where all this is going? Because I will NEVER do facebook! NEVER! Although my Avatar is pretty "photogenic", wouldn't you say? lol

cnh

One has to love the "dude". I have to watch that movie once in a while.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    cnh wrote: »

cnh

I do not do Facebook and never plan to either.

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    I really like the look of the new home page. I never did like the wood panel look of the old one. Never made sense to me. Maybe for Home Depot or something but not a speaker company. Much better now.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    @MacLeod I love your avatar...
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    DaveHo wrote: »
    My first reaction to the home page is "Does Polk still make real speakers?" Mostly what I see is crap for the iPod generation.

My thoughts also. Which I found somewhat odd because their reputation lies solely in HT and 2 channel speakers. With more speaker makers taking a piece of the pie these days, I can understand them wanting to branch out. Unfortunately they have zero reputation in that segment of the market. Like I said before, a tad late to the party and their past ventures into wireless which are trouble prone and with the 4 shot have left the Polk brand at the bottom of the list for the kiddie generation. It would take a whopper of an effort to regain brand recognition in the digital /wireless segment.

But they are also entering a segment of the market already flooded with cheap digital stuff for the ipod crowd by many other brands, both low-fi and mid/hi-fi.

They must be wishing to expand the name plates exposure....understandable, but this also tells me Polk as a company is getting ready to be sold off down the line.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I understand when a small speaker maker wants to become more noticed, how many people know about Salk speakers? but you cant reach beyond your means and get lost in all the marketing hype... soon your name means nothing but hype.. like a scene from Fifth element with Chris tucker:92eyswidf4lt.jpg

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt! Korben, sweetheart, what was that? IT WAS BAD! It had nothing! No fire, no energy, no nothin'! You know I have a show to run here, you know? Hmm? Hmm? And it must pop, Pop, POP! So tomorrow from five to seven, will you please act like you have more than a two word vo-cab-uh-lary? It must be green, OK? OK?
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • The "showcase" that most mention, is it like the vintage stuff? I tried searching. The model came up but the url was a sorry click home page thing lol. Or is the "showcase" something else?

I hope they keep ALL Polk product pages.
    I feel like I need to raise the Polk flag upside down. As I feel Polk is in dire distress.......

Pretty bummed, as since I only joined like a year ago. Felt like joining a awesome school of fun, knowledge, common interest only to have the school close.

Cheers!!
    Polk Lsi9
    Polk LsiC
    Polk Fxi3
    Pioneer SC-1222
    Parasound 1200 II w/ Kimber Kable HERO + 4TC
    SVS PB12-NSD (Bash)
    PS4
    Sharp Aquos 55"

"If your BOLD enough to try it,
    your BOLD enough to make it happen"
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    I can not believe how bad the photography is on the floor stander page, it truly looks like a pattern of black stripes ! IMO, some of the Polk higher-ups need to take a step back and then, take a long,hard look at what's being foisted on the company as "improvements" .

http://www.polkaudio.com/Home-Audio-Floor-Standing-Speakers/l/702
  • Zentish
    Zentish Posts: 127
    I too am disappointed in the new site design. It has a bit of flash and seems somewhat inviting, but when I try to find the answer to a basic question like "what are the dimensions of a CSiA6", the Polk main site should have that under the product details. It's not there. The products are organized atrociously, almost as if the site designers completely ignored the product lines when they organized the site.

Whoever designed it completely disregarded the existing site's search engine ranking for a large number of the vintage product pages and the google links now land on 404 pages. The vintage information is gone, and the site's page ranking will soon suffer severe damage.

This dog doesn't hunt. Polk should get their money back.
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-NR929 7.1 AVR 130wpc
    Mains: 2x Polk RTA 8TL's
    Center: Polk CS245i
    Surrounds: 2x Klipsch RS-41ii (because they fit perfectly over the door and window)
    Rear Surr: 2x Polk M4a '90
    Subwoofer: Speakerlab DAS-SW dual-voice-coil 10" '88 30Hz-150Hz
    Subwoofer Amp: ONKYO A-8019 AMP '85 100wpc
    Display: Samsung 55" UNC55-8000 3D LED
    Console: Xbox360
    DVR: custom MythTV rig w/ 3 tuners OTA
    Zone2: 2x Polk M5b '87
  • Exactly. On my mobile I cannot even find the specs of any item watts, dimensions, sensitivity,
    Frequencies etc... Just a "overview"
    Not sure if it is a "under construction".
    Polk Lsi9
    Polk LsiC
    Polk Fxi3
    Pioneer SC-1222
    Parasound 1200 II w/ Kimber Kable HERO + 4TC
    SVS PB12-NSD (Bash)
    PS4
    Sharp Aquos 55"

"If your BOLD enough to try it,
    your BOLD enough to make it happen"
  • gdb wrote: »
    I can not believe how bad the photography is on the floor stander page, it truly looks like a pattern of black stripes ! IMO, some of the Polk higher-ups need to take a step back and then, take a long,hard look at what's being foisted on the company as "improvements" .

I can easily tell that the LSiM's are better. They are sleeker looking by 5 pixels and are the most expensive. So they're better. :D
  • I have been patient in my assessments as I know how software upgrades can take awhile to grow on users, but the product pages for those floor standing speakers is a real joke. A definite step back in quality of layout from the last website.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Yep....nothing on that page says to a prospective buyer "Gotta check these out". I mean seriously, any high schooler could have done better. Is anyone who knows anything about what drives audiophiles in charge of the decision making ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited September 2014
    When you first hit the New Polk Homepage, you think: "Is this an Audio company or simply an outfit that makes Audio Accessories?"

It is ONLY when you start looking "around" that you realize, "Hey, they ALSO make some real speakers!" lol

Is that a WISE decision? Probably not. And it goes without saying that System Showcases and "Vintage and retired product information needs to be back up!"-phenomenal resources there. Just provide a LINK for that somewhere and load it on a server (local or cloud based-how hard is that?).

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited September 2014
    On the Floorstanding page, the fact that a grill covered speaker is the first pictured doesn't make much sense, as they all look the same, but when the quick view (mouse hover) gives a binding post picture, you understand that no one knows what they are doing.

I.T., not marketing is driving these changes and some one needs to intervene.....
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    IT always get's their way as they are never accountable to anyone. If products don't sell it's Marketing and Sales fault. If the company doesn't make money it's Management, Operations, Finance, etc. They get a pass.
    Carl

• gdb wrote: »

I can easily tell that the LSiM's are better. They are sleeker looking by 5 pixels and are the most expensive. So they're better. :D

I'd have to disagree, Max. I picked up some 65T's about a year ago for The Mob for their gaming rig. And as the pictures show on the floor stander page, the 65T's have much nicer looking feet than the LSiM707's pictured immediately to their left.
    So they have to be better.

Even though I disagreed with your opinion Max, I did give your post a "Like" so you wouldn't feel bad about yourself. :D

Sal Palooza
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited September 2014
    Ahhhh the feet. They are sexy. Just noticed though the R300 has a humongous woofer. Looks like it's the best for deep bass. Alright, maybe the LSiM's such compared to Polk's other offering.

"Like" right back at you. Man, this social stuff is the schiznit. This new site is keeping it real.... down deep. Now I see clearly that the old site was a bunch of lame without it. I'm sorry Polk for doubting ya.
  • The "showcase" that most mention, is it like the vintage stuff? I tried searching. The model came up but the url was a sorry click home page thing lol. Or is the "showcase" something else?

I hope they keep ALL Polk product pages.
    I feel like I need to raise the Polk flag upside down. As I feel Polk is in dire distress.......

Pretty bummed, as since I only joined like a year ago. Felt like joining a awesome school of fun, knowledge, common interest only to have the school close.

Cheers!!

The "Showcase" is where anyone that had a Forum account could post pictures of their setup for other people to see.

This was really cool to see as you could get an idea of whose got what gear, how its setup, etc.

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)