Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Dee....I'm in
    Suggestion.....Start a separate thread and give it a weekly bump as a reminder
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    Go Aggies!! Oh, this is about NFL - proceed.
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I'll admit that with all the off-field crap I'm finding it more difficult to really root for my 49ers...
  • Week 1 and already Steeler week. "The last time the Browns began a season in Pittsburgh, 1989, they also had a first-year head coach in Bud Carson. They won, 51-0. They would go onto finish with their division with a 9-6-1 record and play in the AFC Championship Game at Denver, where they lost". I hope the new head coach Mike Pettine and GM Ray Farmer can get us turned around this year. Go Browns!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Ok, so here we go with another 8-8 or WORSE season for Dallas...or just maybe...no no no what was I thinkin!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • gce wrote: »
    Ok, so here we go with another 8-8 or WORSE season for Dallas...or just maybe...no no no what was I thinkin!
    Ha... if the Browns went 8 and 8 this year I would be ecstatic! We have been at 4-12 for the last several years. For the sake of the Cowboys, I hope you all never have to play Brandon Weeden. I was so surprised the Cowboys called that guy after the two terrible seasons he had in Cleveland.

Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Seattle sure looks good again this year. Somebody will eventually knock them off, but if I had to put money down right now on the super bowl winner this year I would pick Seattle without hesitation...
  • gce
    Ha... if the Browns went 8 and 8 this year I would be ecstatic! We have been at 4-12 for the last several years. For the sake of the Cowboys, I hope you all never have to play Brandon Weeden. I was so surprised the Cowboys called that guy after the two terrible seasons he had in Cleveland.

Well not really, all 8-8 means is that you could of won 1 or 2 that were sooooooo close and you could of made the playoffs....sooooo close and it sucks. With 3 8-8 seasons I think I'd rather be 4-12, you know where you're going at 4-12. I think the Boys are at the end of whatever they had going with Tony and yes he could go down this season and guess who'd be our QB! :o

Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Last night's Thursday night NFL opener was an eye-opener!! Seattle played like they were on a mission!! The Beast had over 100 yards rushing, and Harvin had over 100 all-purpose yards. Wilson looked very good. And, how about that tight end and the backup guy for Lynch? Ooh boy!! I'm looking forward to a great season, full of surprises.
    Paradigm 11seMkIII mains, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Paradigm CC 450 center, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Polk Audio RTi6 surrounds
    Paradigm SE sub
    Sony BDP S5100 blu-ray player
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
    Audioquest Evergreen IC's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Just one game but I'll be damned if the Vikings finally won a football game by actually playing some shutdown defense rather than blind stupid luck. I have some hope we might actually have a small chance at a wild card.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited September 2014
    Nice to just be able to sit down and watch some football after the week I had last week, some good games today for sure, the night game should be good as well.
  • GO COLTS!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Go Broncos..and Colts! I hate this game every time it gets played...
  • My Browns lost to Pittsburg today, but I thought they did much better than most predicted. Hoyer and co. looked good during the second half.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited September 2014
    Go Broncos..and Colts! I hate this game every time it gets played...

If we have to lose, I dont mind losing to Peyton.

Now that p r i c k (seriously you cant say that word? Its not even a bad one) Brady on the other hand....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Hey the Texans won one
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • gce
    Dallas lost and looked like $hit!!! :(
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Week 1 and already Steeler week. "The last time the Browns began a season in Pittsburgh, 1989, they also had a first-year head coach in Bud Carson. They won, 51-0. They would go onto finish with their division with a 9-6-1 record and play in the AFC Championship Game at Denver, where they lost". I hope the new head coach Mike Pettine and GM Ray Farmer can get us turned around this year. Go Browns!

Wow! I remember that game. I almost forgot it. Those were some of the darkest days for the Steelers since the merger of the AFL and NFL. Since then the Steelers have won more games than any other team in the NFL.

The game today was a good one. It sets up a good game in Cleveland! ;)

Carl

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited September 2014
    My Browns lost to Pittsburg today, but I thought they did much better than most predicted. Hoyer and co. looked good during the second half.

Hoyer made Johnny Football realize that he is going to be on the bench for a while. I think Hoyer will have a good year if he doesn't get hurt. He made some nice plays today.

Carl

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    Well, being a Colts And Broncos fan a game like that was about the best scenario I could hope for (other than maybe a tie), but that was a really bad second half of football by the Broncos.
  • nooshinjohn
    Ray Rice is done for now...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited September 2014
    That whole Ray Rice thing is a debacle and the reaction by the NFL now is just a PR move, the handling of this whole process by the NFL is absurd.

They say they never saw the tape, but they knew that a second tape existed. I Remember back in early August when the Dan Patrick Show asked the NFL if they'd seen the tape and they gave the 'no comment' response. You can argue that they didn't know what was on the tape, but that they knew the tape existed is a matter of public record. It's hard to believe they knew the tape existed and couldn't get hold of it or didn't know what's on it, I don't buy that for a second.

That's my pessimistic side talking, another possibility is they couldn't get their hands on the video and genuinely believed Ray Rice if/when he gave them a different story about what happened.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited September 2014
    My Browns lost to Pittsburg today, but I thought they did much better than most predicted. Hoyer and co. looked good during the second half.

Hoyer does impress me, I think there some real skill there! & I'm a Viking fan.

last year when we played the Browns, I knew he's be great 1 day as he stole the show!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Adrian Peterson is out for this Sunday's game against the Patriots!!

There's a warrant for his arrest in Texas for injuring a child - his son - from an incident this summer. NOT a good thing for his son, Adrian - or any Vikings fan - especially in light of the Ray Rice debacle.

This will probably be looked at the same as any other domestic abuse and will likely mean a mandatory 6-game (minimum) suspension for Peterson.

There goes our run for the Super Bowl.......down the ol' porcelain commode! :'(
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Well Asiata, Felton, & Mckinnon well have to step up ,until this mess is figured out and how long the suspension will last, I bet the Patriots members are all grinning from ear to ear, so much for the Cassell, Brady showdown. It is a passing league nowday's right?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • nooshinjohn
    for some reason I think the Vikings will be just fine. It will not shock me at all to see Cordarell Paterson lined up in the backfield and perhaps see Marcus Sherells and Adam Theilen given an opportunity to step up.

I think the uncertainty of AP not being on the field may actually present some surprises the Patriots won't see coming.

I am reserving judgment on the AP matter until the facts become clear, but based on Texas law, it appears that he may not have that much to worry about. I believe in corporal punishment to a point, and that is what we are talking about here. Everybody from the press to the talking heads and bloggers are trying to make AP's case out to be worse that the Rice case, but they are in fact two very different things.

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited September 2014
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Well Asiata, Felton, & Mckinnon well have to step up

I actually agree. I think this is the time for McKinnon to shine. He's faster than Peterson, a better pass protection blocker and he can catch passes out of the backfield, unlike Peterson. He is, however, just a rookie. Maybe we'll get lucky enough to see him develop into an Eddie Lacy-like rookie though. In my estimation, Peterson is a runner......period. A very good one, yes, but still pretty much a first and second down guy. When he breaks loose, he is really fun to watch, but he also gets stuck at or behind the line of scrimmage more than any other back in the league.

Not like we need AP for the foreseeable future anyway, as we face Brady, Brees, Matt Ryan, Rodgers and Stafford over the next five games..... :p Buuuuuuut, if we get through that streak at 2-and-4, or somehow maybe even 3-and-3 and AP comes back with some pretty fresh legs - he didn't play one down in the preseason - shortly thereafter, it might be just what we need to make a late-season push... B)

Zimmer is sure to learn a lot over these next several weeks.

Also, love the Quagmire avatar, Steve! Giggity!
    Maybe I can find a Stewie one someplace.

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited September 2014
    McKinnon will be used like a powerful Darrel Sproles, Norv Turner will be able to work wonders with those backs. Thielen Grew up in Detroit Lakes Minnesota I was just up in that neck of the woods everyone is proud of him. It's a shame about Adrain a branch huh, it's to bad, my Dad didn't get suspended for all the times me and my brother got a whipping with a belt or a barber strap we deserved it. The media is at fault again. BTW Quagmires the Man!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Very poor showing by my Broncos on defense today (if you can call whatever THAT was 'showing up'), a real lack of discipline with all the penalties turned what would have been maybe a mediocre performance into an abysmal one.

Note I'm posting before the game ends because it doesn't matter what happens now, there's no erasing that horrible performance on defense today.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I'll take the win this week, but if they don't improve 200% on both sides of the ball next week they're gonna get crushed by Seattle...again