Response To Habanero Monk's Inquiry

Options

Comments

• brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    Options
    Yeah I doubt many of us hang there.I was never interested since I only do 2 channel but this episode got me looking around the site.
    I think I'm good here.
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    edited September 2014
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I read the whole thread and i must say, i don't know which one of them is a bigger touch-hole*.

I don't know why you guys frequent that place. Besides for the blatant porting between juju and gang, their mods are absolute jokes to boot. Is that how the rest of the forum operates?

Definition of Touch-hole http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=touchhole

Definition of Porting http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Porting&defid=5909157

I tried to have a dialog over there about tube amplifiers and was banned in short order. I was alerted that someone could not believe I spent so much of my money and time to build inferior tube amps from scratch when all I had to do was buy a Crown PA amp... I did have a couple guys interested in hearing about them, which led to a bunch of bashing and then JuJubee banned me. Actually have a pm from him I might be able to pull up...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I was over there extensively in the Polk speaker forum, but then AVS changed owners and any off topic banter was killed.

I got a warning for posting a picture of burgers and hot dogs on Memorial Day and left that forum for the most part along with most of the guys in that thread.

We started our own group on Google+ where we talk about most of the stuff we talk about here......

And even Jason67 is there. He and I agreed a long time ago to disagree on things and just let it be. I dont try to change his mind, and vice versa.

AVS still has lots of good information and a lot of good people. As with all forums there are always people your gonna rub the wrong way...

For instance that @nooshinjohn‌ character.... man he's ****...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options
    Such reticence from someone known for his effusive verbosity is baffling indeed.

I told you he would just slink away, cowards always do.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• audiocr381ve
    Options
    D a m n. Monk put on blast.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    He was noted for posting this at AVS,
    Amps should be bought for their features and power ratings, not in how they sound.

Wow.....and we're the chimps ? LOL
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I have just been amazed at the nonsense posted there. All DACs are basically the same, all CD players are basically the same, all amps are basically the same. Yikes!!! These guys are either deaf, or have never tried anything.

When I inquired about getting an Anthem HT pre they told me to save my money and upgrade the speakers because you wont notice the diff moving from the AVR. I was like " wtf are you talking about ?" another member was chiming in saying ' yes he's right, change your speakers as there is no real diff for the money'. I got a little pissed off and people were saying things like dont take offence as he is too honest and calls it like he see's it. From that point I realized that the majority of users are only top notch videophiles and know little of the audio.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I'd venture to say that even all "chimps" do NOT sound the SAME! Just ask Jane Goodall?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    Options
    It doesn't take long to find forums or parts of forums that
    are "flat earth". Head-fi sound science is full of these guys..
    Two amps sound different? Then one must be broken.
    There's science at work for ya.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • DarqueKnight
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    It doesn't take long to find forums or parts of forums that
    are "flat earth". Head-fi sound science is full of these guys..
    Two amps sound different? Then one must be broken.
    There's science at work for ya.

Their brains just have different synaptic responses compared to ours. When they say they can't hear certain things, I believe them. I would just prefer that they not project their incapacities on others.

Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Hmmm....4 pages and no answer from Monk ?? Kinda telling if you ask me. Probably sign up in a few weeks with another user name and stir that pot all over again.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Options
    The last time he logged time was on August 30th...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    Options

Jin posted on AVS August 20th, last login was Sept 2nd, and the Tech-Talk Forum (Parts Express) posted on August 28th, and last login yesterday.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,764
    edited September 2014
    Options

I sent a private message to Habanero Monk on 8/29/14, which was copied to moderator Ken Swauger. Since Jinjuku Monk's last login here was 8:35am 8/30/14, I think it is safe to assume that he is aware of this discussion thread and that he has read/is reading every word.

PM-to-HM-8-29-14_zps6556a3eb.jpg

HM-LastActv-PF-8-30-14_zps6dc02653.jpg

Jin posted on AVS August 20th, last login was Sept 2nd, and the Tech-Talk Forum (Parts Express) posted on August 28th, and last login yesterday.

So what do you mean? You think Jinjuku Brown is avoiding us? I can't imagine that an Internet badass like Habanero Mark would tuck tail and run. I just can't. The synaptic responses in the brain of an Internet warrior like Jinjuku Monk are geared for fighting and "tearing people up" rather than quietly slithering away in fear. Trust me on this.

As Linus patiently waited for the Great Pumpkin, so will I wait for the Great Hot and Spicy Jinjuku Monk!
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    So what do you mean? You think Jinjuku Brown is avoiding us?

I know your questions are rhetorical, but I will answer them anyway.

My answer is that yes I think he's avoiding the situation. And I am sure everyone else is making the same assumptions....

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Hello...I was told there'd be cake?

I came for the cake.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • DarqueKnight
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »

I came for the cake.

Well, you're out of luck. All we are serving is slow roasted troll. Bon appetite!

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »

I came for the cake.

Well, you're out of luck. All we are serving is slow roasted troll. Bon appetite!

Troll is tasty when slow roasted! It's almost as good as roasted weasel.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2014
    Options
    My answer is that yes I think he's avoiding the situation.

Avoiding the situation? Did you see the way Habanero Monk threw down the gautlet here?:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/153-cd-players-dedicated-music-transports/1531056-differences-sq-ethernet-cable-challenge.html

I have a hard time believing that a hardened Internet warrior like Habanero Brown would avoid this "situation". I mean, it's just a lil' Internet forum thread. I mean, this is the guy who came to Club Polk with an agenda to "clean it up". This is the guy who enjoys being a "thorn in the side" of Club Polk members, who he characterizes as "psychoacoustical Neanderthals".

Besides, I would think Habanero Monk would relish the chance to "tear me up" again...since, according to his alter ego, Jinjuku, he is so good at it.

JinjukuCongratsMonk-redact1_zps32d574c8.jpg

He definitely wasn't "avoiding the situation" when he (tried to) sue one of his customers based on what the court called a "circular argument" (page 6-7).

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/granule/USCOURTS-ohnd-5_07-cv-02050/USCOURTS-ohnd-5_07-cv-02050-0

Palpatine-Bringit-s_zps63e6caae.jpg
    One should never underestimate the power of the Darque side!
    Post edited by DarqueKnight on
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2014
    Options
    JinjukuCongratsMonk-redact2_zps4992d659.jpg

Indeed. I would even go so far as to say this thread is "so hot it burns twice".
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Is it weird that this is the only thread I keep track of on this new forum?

By the way, when did you and Monk go out and "tear" it up? I feel like we missed the rave of a lifetime!!!...........Nobody over the age of 12 tears anything up. This leads me to believe Juju-nut is younger than I originally thought.

Other acceptable uses for "tear" it up are as follows;
    Burn outs
    Carpet removal
    Manual paper shredding
    Anal
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • brgman
    Options
    No fury like a Polkie scorned!

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • DarqueKnight
    Options
    Is it weird that this is the only thread I keep track of on this new forum?

No, it's not. This thread only has 117 posts, but has been viewed 2600+ times in 6 days, so you are not the only person keeping track of this thread. I think a fair number of people on other forums are keeping track of this thread too.
    By the way, when did you and Monk go out and "tear" it up? I feel like we missed the rave of a lifetime!!!

This is the thread where Monk allegedly tore me into little flaming pieces:

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/160401/does-high-quality-digital-cables-matter/p1
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2014
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Note to self, never get under DK's skin...wow, how you dig up this stuff is pure classic and turns this into a truly epic thread.
    brgman wrote: »
    No fury like a Polkie scorned!

I'm not mad, angry, upset, or anything like that. I have no more emotion invested in this than if I were swatting a gnat that kept buzzing around my head. I tried to shoo the gnat away several times, but he just kept coming back.

Now, this is what we have.
  • DarqueKnight
    Options
    Bizarre (in light of the fact that Habanero Monk and Jinjuku are the same person) Audioholics thread where Jinjuku engages in a conversation with himself in order to bash the Polk forum:

HabaneroMonk-JinjukuBashingCP_zpsa0902426.jpg

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/diy-corner-tips-techniques/82919-diy-semi-decent-budget-$6-$700.html

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    So Habanero Monk, has a split personality as Jinjuku or Jinjuku has a split personality as Habanero Monk? That's some scary s..t . Sounds like he should call himself Jincuckoo , the troll with split personalites. Just remember people you can't argue with a sick mind!!!

So Hot It Burns Twice ( he he he)
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • brgman
    Options

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Options
    This is the thread where Monk allegedly tore me into little flaming pieces:

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/160401/does-high-quality-digital-cables-matter/p1

Oh no, not that thread again. And people wonder why we try to put the kabosh on every newbie cable thread that pops up on a monthly basis. I've long theorized that it's the same person using a different name just trying to stir the pot.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    The funny part is Monk is mostly correct in his Ethernet obsession. The problem is he extrapolates his opinion to every network and gear combination possible. Of course, a reasonable person would admit there probably is some network/gear combination that can be affected by the choice of Ethernet cable, even if that possibility is small.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I view it everyday, I keep waiting for one of the alter egos to show it's low life face.. I'm sure a new member will join and start something new, like we won't know who it is..
This discussion has been closed.