Forum Feature Suggestions And Comments

1. Can avatar size be increased? The 40 pixel x 40 pixel size makes it hard to see details in a lot of avatars, which defeats the purpose of having avatars in the first place. I suggest a minimum avatar size of 80 x 80 pixels and 100 x 100 pixel would be great.
2. Will there be an option for widescreen added later...please?
3. I do not see an option to add subject titles in PMs. Can this be added?
4. I like the "conversations" feature in PMs. However, I would like to store some old PMs in a folder so that my inbox won't be cluttered. Can a "saved" folder be added or can the option to make custom folders be added?
5. I tried to @Kenneth Swauger, but it seems that with forum names with a space in them, the "@" notification feature will not pick up anything after the space.
Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!

Comments

• Hi DK,
    Thanks for your requests, I've forwarded them to both Polk and Vanilla and will post any information.
    Regards, Ken
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    All great suggestions DK.

Thanks Ken for sending the suggestions to Polk/Vanilla.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    Hi DK,
    Thanks for your requests, I've forwarded them to both Polk and Vanilla and will post any information.
    Regards, Ken

Thanks Ken. Please also forward my appreciation for Polk's investment in an updated forum environment for us.

All of the other corporate forum revisions that I have been a part of have required a period of tweaking. Polk's forum revision is going much smoother than some others I have seen, where lots of past data was lost or outright deleted.
  • Thanks, DK, I'll certainly pass this along to Polk and Vanilla, I'm sure they will appreciate it very much!
    Cheers, Ken
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Any chance of just going back to the old format??
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    +1 on what DK said - wider screen would be nice. any display customization options would be handy, perhaps some darker skins, and font sizes, etc. I do like some of the new functionality like "acknowledgement" buttons and such.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Is it possible to link up the old archives? Die hard polk fan, but I don't have a lot of money to afford to newest stuff. There are some great reviews on vintage stuff in the forum, but since the move Google can't find those links cause of the pointer.

Old archive search would be awesome!
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    A Google search for the old forum was awesome....better than the built in search. I agree its a shame to loose those links.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    If google turns up the links, the Wayback Machine may turn up caches of the threads with at least some info intact (I would think).
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    So glad to be able to search here for <4 characters.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • Hello,
    The folks at Vanilla have asked for a questions anybody might have about the use of the new forum? I know about the esthetic issues and have related them to Vanilla. But, how about usage questions?
    Also I've tried searching for some really older subjects and have found them with no problem. But are people able to find everything they've looked for?
    Thanks, Ken
  • 

But, how about usage questions?

I would like to be able to change the size and color of text. I know I can do it with BBcode, but I miss that feature as part of the drop down menu.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    So glad to be able to search here for <4 characters.
    So...you can do a search for "KLH" ... or "SDA"... and it works?!
    Plus one for Vanilla! :- )
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Unless I don't see it a tab that takes us to the top would be quite useful instead of scrolling up all the time.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Dates, times, and linked post numbers on posts please.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Dates, times, and linked post numbers on posts please.

Absolutely needed!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • How do I cancel notifications from a particular thread? Unbookmarking the thread does not cancel notifications and I don't see a way to delete the thread from my "participated discussions" list.
  • Hello DK,
    Good question, I'll ask.
    Cheers, Ken
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited September 2014
    Would like to see posters location restored. Also a way to delete PM's in mass, along with being able to delete parts of conversations instead of all or nothing. Sometimes we exchange private info that we save for future references. Kinda silly to have to save 10 PM's back and forth only to save someones phone # or addy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • I understand the request, but poster's location is not going to happen. If there's anything that should be partially deleted let me or NAP know and we'll take care of it.
    PM's can be deleted only one-at-a-time. Sorry.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    tonyb wrote: »
    Would like to see posters location restored.

I put mine on the top of my sig. Maybe if everyone did that it would help. :\
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • gce wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    Would like to see posters location restored.

I put mine on the top of my sig. Maybe if everyone did that it would help. :\

Great workaround right there!!
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    That's a great workaround gce except for having to block signatures because some people decide to put 10" x 13" pics in their sig
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    The inbox is not user friendly
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited September 2014
    I understand the request, but poster's location is not going to happen.

Why not?

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Hey can anything be done about this layout for the forum? its horrible...i mean naaassstyyyy...it makes you lose your mind...i can't remember what I wanted to do or go ..reading is offensive and way too bright. I dont want to scroll forever...why cant it all go from left to right? why does the world enjoy trying to get fancier than it needs to? this layout is very strange and disorientating. Can it go back to normal or even anything that resembles a normal forum? please.
    Cool stuff: Adcom GFA-555, GFP-710, Oppo BDP-83, Monitor 10's w/RDO198s, rebuilt and modded XO: Sonicap/Mundorf topside, Daytons Low.
    Benq W5000

"Leaning back like a maxwell tape commercial listening to pure polk bliss"
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Hey can anything be done about this layout for the forum? its horrible...i mean naaassstyyyy...it makes you lose your mind...i can't remember what I wanted to do or go ..reading is offensive and way too bright. I dont want to scroll forever...why cant it all go from left to right? why does the world enjoy trying to get fancier than it needs to? this layout is very strange and disorientating. Can it go back to normal or even anything that resembles a normal forum? please.
    I understand the request, but it's not going to happen. Sorry.

Slight edit by me, but there's your answer.

Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Never say never.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.