Worst movie that I've ever seen

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited August 2014
    Grown Ups 1 came out the same year as Hot Tub Time Machine and I watched them in my HT and laughed my a** off just because it was an era flashback.

For bad movies with well known actors "The Burbs" Tom Hanks, "Zoolander" Ben Stiller. I know they are suppose to be honored as a slap stick comedy along with Will Ferrell movies but these were bad.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    edited August 2014
    I'll give my vote to Barbwire. Watched the first 5 minutes, left for about 1/2 hour, came back and made it about 2 minutes. To this day I can't watch anything with Pam Anderson in it, clothed or not.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited August 2014
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Twister is pretty high on my list of terrible movies. Medicine Man as well.

Twister had three things going for it

1. Tornadoes
    2. Great Soundtrack Rainbow, Van Halen, plus others
    3. Helen Hunt , did I mention Helen Hunt, yeah Helen Hunt is in it! :)
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • HHStuart
    HHStuart Posts: 263
    edited August 2014
    Alien Armageddon. If I could have given it a zero on Netflix, I would have. Far worse than Battlefield Earth which is down there.
    Front - Polk LSiM 705, Center - Polk LSiM 704c, Rear - Polk LSi 7
    Subwoofer - Epik Legend
    Receiver (as Preamp) - Sony STR-DA3400 ES
    Amplifier - Outlaw 7125
    Television - 58" Samsung Plasma PN58B860
    Blu Ray - OPPO BDP 83
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited August 2014
    gudnoyez wrote: »

Please. Wearing a bra with a white tank top in the rain? She ruined that scene. :smile:
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • whgarrett1394
    whgarrett1394 Posts: 217
    edited August 2014
    Recently the movie Transcendence was a big disappointment for me. The worst big box i have seen recently was the
    newest Transformers. Horror movies are almost always train wrecks. figuratively.

I must speak up and defend the brilliance of The Grand Budapest Hotel. I thought it was the best Wes Anderson film yet.
    Delightful.
    Ralph once again proved he is truly a master player.
    KEF Q50 mains, M&K center, Boston Acoustics surround, Marantz SR6007 pre, Emotiva UPA-700, Pioneer DV-46AV, Samsung BD-j7500, Sunfire HRS12 subwoofer
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    edited August 2014
    ROHfan wrote: »
    Please, by all means!

J/K. Seriously, "The Grand Budapest Hotel" is my absolute FAVORITE Wes Anderson film. And it was the best movie me and the wifey saw in 2014, hands down. The colors, the imagery, the acting, pure gold. This is truly a movie lover's movie. Virtually every single scene was constructed purely for the movie out of the imagination of the director. There's nothing there that wasn't put there on purpose. On that note alone the film is a huge achievement. Everything is hand crafted with nothing out of place. Characters are centered on the screen and the movie seems to move around them as if they are stationary. I will admit that the story is not the most fascinating, but for me, the movie was more about evoking feelings, creating rich imagery and experiencing an artist at the top of his game. I can see, however, that it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

I enjoy all that in a film. When it has a decent story. ;) To me it was a futile attempt at a comedy and there was very few things I found funny. If this is his best I might have to not waste time on others. I have herd of "Rushmore" but don't think I have ever seen it.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    edited August 2014
    I thought Trancendence was kinda thought provoking...an interesting insight to A/I.......
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited August 2014
    OK, I have to add a true stinker.

James Carmeron's first 11 minute plus film: Xenogenesis (1978). Pure GARBAGE! Compare this to Lucas's THX 1138. No contest. Lucas, hands down. In fact, THX is probably Lucas's most introspective and thoughtful film, in many ways "superior" to Star Wars which was a lot more of a POP-ular genre Sci-fi blockbuster.

It is almost impossible to believe that Cameron went on to make box-office breaking films when that first film was such a stinker and so UN-IMAGINATIVE. It makes you wonder. I had a friend who made an experimental student film that cost LESS than James's 20K film (two or three years later) and won the East coast regional competition but lost in the Nationals because it was put in a category with claymation films. lol What a STUPID move that was. This film was, perhaps, one of the very first to blur the lines between documentary and fictional film, and unnerved most audiences who were told it was a work of fiction after they saw it.

Oh well. You have to ALWAYS BE SELLING yourself in this, our, society. And it does NOT really matter WHAT you are selling as long as you don't STOP SELLING IT! lol

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited August 2014
    Reindeer Games - though it did have Charlize Theron in it. It wasn't enough to save it.
    Shoot Em' Up ......
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    edited August 2014
    Any Adam Sandler movie.....especially "Blended".
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited August 2014
    "Machete" was prolly one of the worst movies I've ever seen in recent memory. Didn't get past the 1st 15 minutes.
    I don't like being preached to....from either side of the aisle:rolleyes:
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited August 2014
    Raw Head Rex. The Door in the Floor. So many and I can't remember the titles, probably for a good reason.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    edited August 2014
    obieone wrote: »
    "Machete" was prolly one of the worst movies I've ever seen in recent memory. Didn't get past the 1st 15 minutes.

Did you watch it long enough to see the intestinal scene?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited August 2014
    Too hard to pick one or two or three or.......let's face it, 95% of movies suck.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    edited August 2014
    "TED"...I think I watched maybe 30min's.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited August 2014
    That's one of the most hilarious movies I've ever seen
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited August 2014
    Haha, we have to agree to disagree then. Helen Hunt does NOT do it for me. The acting was terrible, and you could tell the movie was being sold solely on special effects. Some friends and I drove all the way to Charlotte to see this in a new theater down that way, as it had the latest and greatest sound, etc. Man what a let down.
    gudnoyez wrote: »

1. Tornadoes
    2. Great Soundtrack Rainbow, Van Halen, plus others
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Sci-fi Polk Guy
    Sci-fi Polk Guy Posts: 194
    edited August 2014
    I'm somewhat surprised that no one has mentioned the Toxic Avenger series.
    Paradigm 11seMkIII mains, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Paradigm CC 450 center, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Polk Audio RTi6 surrounds
    Paradigm SE sub
    Sony BDP S5100 blu-ray player
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
    Audioquest Evergreen IC's
  • D'prived
    D'prived Posts: 191
    edited August 2014
    Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers - So bad it was hilarious.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited August 2014
    I'm somewhat surprised that no one has mentioned the Toxic Avenger series.

Dude! That's classic "camp". You can't say that GOOD BAD is BAD! Always amusing!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • ROHfan
    ROHfan Posts: 1,014
    edited August 2014
    Ahhh, Toxic Avenger, from the nutjobs at Trauma Films. Anyone see their newest, "Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead"?
    TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
    Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
    Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
    AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier
  • Sci-fi Polk Guy
    Sci-fi Polk Guy Posts: 194
    edited August 2014
    cnh wrote: »
    Dude! That's classic "camp". You can't say that GOOD BAD is BAD! Always amusing!

cnh

True.
    Paradigm 11seMkIII mains, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Paradigm CC 450 center, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
    Polk Audio RTi6 surrounds
    Paradigm SE sub
    Sony BDP S5100 blu-ray player
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
    Audioquest Evergreen IC's
  • JerryR1verz
    JerryR1verz Posts: 76
    edited August 2014
    Who remembers Xanadu - 1980? Unless your fantasy girly was ONJ this film was for the dogs. Barf
    Polk Monitor 10
    Polk Monitor 7
  • jon s
    jon s Posts: 905
    edited August 2014
    The worst movie in filmdom has to be "The Lost Continent' (1951) with Cesar Romero and Hugh Beaumont... A plane crashes on a island looking for a rocket and the survivors climb a dormant volcano to get their bearings... It takes them a full hour to climb the mountain and nothing else happens during that tedious, drawn out scene. They spend about 15 minutes on the top that has a rubber suited dinosaur and they scramble down the mountain in five minutes. Take off in the rocket and the volcano explodes. It was shown in Mystery Science Theater 3000 in season two. It was considered to be the absolute worse movie ever shown on that show...
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited August 2014

I actually sort of like it..,mainly getting to see Danny finally get a starting role after all those bit parts.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    edited August 2014
    Cloverfield
    Pandemic
    The 2nd or 3rd go round for the Hulk. The one w/ Jennifer Connelly in it.
    Now if it were the best of the 50's sci-fi originals do it for me. Them, Gorgo, It Came From Beneath The Sea, Godzilla,Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Blob,The Thing. many to name but that's the time frame.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited August 2014
    The Blair Witch Project was such a ripoff, someone should have been sued. Cloverfield was a huge letdown after all of the hoopla and raving going on.
  • irishaz
    irishaz Posts: 161
    edited August 2014
    Any M Night Shymalan film after Signs - especially "The Happening"