Dreadnaught Avel-Lindberg 1000VA Transformer Group Buy?

Comments

• scubasteve4sq
    scubasteve4sq Posts: 72
    edited August 2014
    I have read all the dreadnaught threads. If your referring to the they sound better mounted vertically and pointed to magnetic North stuff I put as much stock in that as I do in 13,000 dollar AudioQuest cables. Placebo effect.
  • scubasteve4sq
    edited August 2014
    These are 1:1 (or damn near it) toroidal transformers rated at 1000va per Matthew polks specs. All the break in and orientation and fairy cable stuff is subjective and lacks scientific proof.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2014
    Prime example of why we asked for the 100 post count........too many ungrateful takers.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited August 2014
    Congratulations scuba, you're out. If you're going to sling more insults at DK's research and reduce it all to a placebo effect, then I feel no reason to help you get your hands on one of these transformers. We have each other's backs around here. Check your paypal, you've been issued a full refund.

Drumminman, PM coming your way.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited August 2014
    Scubasteve, dissing DarqueKnight is a truly ignorant move. He has done more than anyone I can think of to take the SDA series to the highest level. Many/most of us have benefitted immensely from his experimentation and tweaks, many of which came about from trading ideas with MP himself.

I think you're probably an OK guy, but remember the rule of holes: when you find yourself in a hole the first thing you do is stop digging.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • scubasteve4sq
    edited August 2014
    nspindel wrote: »
    Congratulations scuba, you're out. If you're going to sling more insults at DK's research and reduce it all to a placebo effect, then I feel no reason to help you get your hands on one of these transformers. We have each other's backs around here. Check your paypal, you've been issued a full refund.

Hah that's funny, what you call research I call anecdotal experience by a single person, if you believe in magical cable faries that's fine but show me the proof. Oh yeah you can't. I see the refund thanks for wasting my time.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited August 2014
    I see the refund thanks for wasting my time.

Jack A**....I think its the other way around
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited August 2014

AWESOME Neil

I do not have a use for one but I will help out if need be on this.
  • Sea
    Sea Posts: 317
    edited August 2014
    ^^^^^ Totally!!
    Main-Carver TFM35(2),Carver C11 ,Carver SD/A 360 CD,Carver TX11 ,Grace Digital Tuner, Pioneer PL707 TT,Polk SDA1C
    Downstairs -Carver M1.5t, Carver C1 Pre, Carver TX10 Tuner, Carver TL3200 CD Player, Dual 1009 TT,Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl
    Study - Carver AV634 Amp, Carver CT7 Pre, Carver DTL50 CD Player, Polk RTA12c
  • pitdogg2
    edited August 2014
    thanks for wasting my time.

Its just a "placebo effect" scuby.............nothing more nothing less
  • scubasteve4sq
    edited August 2014
    No its quantifiable, measurable, aka real
  • nspindel
    edited August 2014
    Hah that's funny, what you call research I call anecdotal experience by a single person, if you believe in magical cable faries that's fine but show me the proof. Oh yeah you can't. I see the refund thanks for wasting my time.

Actually, I am the one investing all the time here, and you have wasted mine.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    edited August 2014
    Thanks Neil,

You just made my day!!!

I love ya man!!!!

All we are missing is the ban hammer....
  • scubasteve4sq
    edited August 2014
    Actually Neil it was your decision to refund not mine
  • nspindel
    edited August 2014

And I thank you for making that decision an easy one.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited August 2014
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Thanks Neil,

You just made my day!!!

I love ya man!!!!

Mine too.. Several tried to help him out. We don't need this type of people here.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,261
    edited August 2014

Good move! I would have done the same. You have worked hard on this and he seems to think he is doing you a favor by joining the group buy. Although I didn't take part in this group buy I appreciate you taking the lead and making it happen.

He keeps complaining about the 100 post rule. If I were the moderator here he would be banned before he makes it to 100 posts. I have very little tolerance for an arrogant attitude like he displays. I hope the moderator of this forum feels the same.
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • Toolfan66
    edited August 2014

And it was the appropriate decision..
  • scubasteve4sq
    edited August 2014
    As long as f1's flaccid ego is stroked you can buy a transformer guys!!!!
  • pitdogg2
    edited August 2014
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Thanks Neil,

You just made my day!!!

I love ya man!!!!

I think we should let the club President slam down that gavel......

that would be the icing on the cake
  • pitdogg2
    edited August 2014
    No its quantifiable, measurable, aka real

So is all the other stuff DK did. One of the few left that could actually understand and speak at the same level as Matt Polk. IIRC didn't he and Matt work up most of all the "enhancements" we are actually doing to the SDA?
  • scubasteve4sq
    edited August 2014
    Are you under the impression that DK is George Klopfer or something?
  • nspindel
    edited August 2014
    I am under the impression that you need a therapist, not a Dreadnought.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited August 2014
    Classic!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• scubasteve4sq
    edited August 2014
    Your all petty little Internet tyrants, if you behaved this way in the real world you'd get your teeth knocked in, good luck, I'm out
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited August 2014
    Your all petty little Internet tyrants, if you behaved this way in the real world you'd get your teeth knocked in, good luck, I'm out

I would have done then same to you....glad you're out....troll
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2014

Its called a neighborhood watch group and they exist in any place that is worth living in.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Toolfan66
    edited August 2014
    Its called a neighborhood watch group and they exist in any place that is worth living in.

Well said!!!
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited August 2014
    I am under the impression that you need a therapist, not a Dreadnought.
    Signature material there,lol! Thanks for handling this troll Neil and for all__ your hard work on making the group transformers order come to fruition.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited August 2014
    And yet, he's still here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk