Worst movie that I've ever seen

Sci-fi Polk Guy
Sci-fi Polk Guy Posts: 194
edited August 2014 in Music & Movies
I am a big science fiction fan, hence my forum name. By far, the worst movie that I've ever seen was one entitled "The Incredible Melting Man." It came out in 1977, and it was about an astronaut who was exposed to radiation and turned into a flesh-eating zombie after returning to earth. What about you guys?
Paradigm 11seMkIII mains, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
Paradigm CC 450 center, w/ Zu Audio jumpers
Polk Audio RTi6 surrounds
Paradigm SE sub
Sony BDP S5100 blu-ray player
Panasonic 50" plasma
Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
Parasound HCA 1205A amp
Audioquest Evergreen IC's
Post edited by Sci-fi Polk Guy on

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited August 2014
    Battlefield Earth
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited August 2014
    Dune, Sting was in it, snooze fest took several viewings to watch it.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited August 2014
    Battlefield Earth

Oh the Horror! The Horror! I don't even want to remember seeing that one! Definitely up there among the VERY WORST!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited August 2014
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    edited August 2014
    I agree it was the worst of the worst in fact everyone needs to see it just to know how bad is really bad. Battlefield Earth was better but not much
    I am a big science fiction fan, hence my forum name. By far, the worst movie that I've ever seen was one entitled "The Incredible Melting Man." It came out in 1977, and it was about an astronaut who was exposed to radiation and turned into a flesh-eating zombie after returning to earth. What about you guys?
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited August 2014
    Most of you guys are talking about real movies,bad but sho nuff movies.

How about all the movies of the type on "Mystery science theater 3000?, and the late night saturday chiller feature back when there were only 3 channels and the local channel 2 weatherman would dress up like a vampire and pop out of a casket to introduce the film.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • Sci-fi Polk Guy
    edited August 2014
    Most of you guys are talking about real movies,bad but sho nuff movies.

How about all the movies of the type on "Mystery science theater 3000?, and the late night saturday chiller feature back when there were only 3 channels and the local channel 2 weatherman would dress up like a vampire and pop out of a casket to introduce the film.

That takes me back to the days of my youth. In the late 60's, Paul Reynolds, a newsman on WTVT out of Tampa, Florida would put on a Frankenstein outfit, including the mask, complete with neck bolts, hands and boots, put on a football uniform minus the helmet, and would emcee Shock Theater, a horror program that would come on Friday nights . He introduced himself as Shock Armstrong, the All American ghoul. He would show classics with baddies like Dracula (Bela Lugosi), Frankenstein (Boris Karloff), and the Wolf Man (Lon Chaney, Jr.). Man, that program used to scare the stew out of me!! :-{
    Paradigm SE sub
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    edited August 2014
    Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. What a stinker
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited August 2014
    Rumplestiltskin. Terrible, terrible movie! Not sure if it's "the worst", but it's up there........:lol:

WARNING!!! Contenent NOT suitable for all ages (language). Not too bad, however. This will give you some idea of the "quality" of the movie! :lol:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uHVNkKdz8bo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited August 2014
    Twilight. All of them.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • dbKiller
    dbKiller Posts: 316
    edited August 2014
    Dude, Where's my car?
    Home Theater: LG 60PB450; Pioneer Elite SC55; RT2000P; RT55P; CS400p; FX500; SVS PB12-Plus/2; PS3 360GB

Office: Onkyo TX-NR616; RT2000i; RT800i; CS400i; DSW Micropro 4000; XBOX 360 250GB; LG BR370; Panasonic Plasma

Bedroom: Sony STR-DH820; CS400p; RT55p; Sony Grand Wega 55"

Retired: Sony STR-DN840; Yamaha HTR-6130; Sony STR-DN520; Paradigm Phantom V.3; Paradigm CS-270V.3, Cinema ADP V.3, PS1000 V.4; Polk S6; Onkyo TX-NR809; Monitor 50, CS1; FXi3; PSW350
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited August 2014
    Anchorman 2

Bewitched

Will Ferrell sucks balls IMO, the only movie worth watching is Talladega Nights (Ricky Bobby)
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited August 2014
    Sorry Larry, I liked Anchor Man 2. There were some funny parts in that movie. Don't mind Will Ferrell either..... There are funnier individuals, however.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • 11tsteve
    11tsteve Posts: 1,166
    edited August 2014
    "Congo" took me something like a million sit downs to get through.... but I guess it's no "Dude, where's my car"....
    Polk Lsi9
    N.E.W. A-20 class A 20W
    NAD 1020 completely refurbished
    Keces DA-131 mk.II
    Analysis Plus Copper Oval, Douglass, Morrow SUB3, Huffman Digital
    Paradigm DSP-3100 v.2
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited August 2014
    Queen of Outer Space starring Zsa Zsa Gabor. I love 50s B movies, giant ants and what not, but this one is the most awful mess you'll ever watch.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    edited August 2014
    Lucy was the worst movie I have seen lately. Terrible. And I really like that type of movie, normally.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited August 2014
    Definitely not the worst, but one of the most dissapointing for me was Caddyshack 2.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited August 2014
    Many great entries guys.. But for big budget stinkers I have to mention...Waterworld...it really put the uck in SUCK.

Kevin Costner way overrated as an actor. He always plays the same guy....

Have to mention Ishtar also.... It is a mega flop
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited August 2014
    Worst movie I ever saw, was 'Interiors' by Woody Allen. Being a Woody movie, we just assumed it would be a comedy. NOPE!
    IIRC, it was supposed to be a film adaptation of the book, '3 Faces of Eve'.
    What a yawn fest!
    For something more recent, I'll nominate 'Expendables 2' and 'The Driver' with Ryan Gosling.
    God was his acting HORRIBLE in that film!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Sci-fi Polk Guy
    edited August 2014
    I've already posted my entry, but one movie series that MUST be mentioned is the Sharknado series. The premise is just so silly that I couldn't even give myself over to watching it. Think about it. Sharks, which are marine animals, get sucked into a tornado and live long enough INSIDE THE TORNADO to land. Then, after logic dictates that they should be dead from oxygen deprivation, the sharks are still lively enough to chomp on some poor, unsuspecting victim. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
    Paradigm SE sub
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
  • westmassguy
    edited August 2014
    I've already posted my entry, but one movie series that MUST be mentioned is the Sharknado series. The premise is just so silly that I couldn't even give myself over to watching it. Think about it. Sharks, which are marine animals, get sucked into a tornado and live long enough INSIDE THE TORNADO to land. Then, after logic dictates that they should be dead from oxygen deprivation, the sharks are still lively enough to chomp on some poor, unsuspecting victim. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
    Sounds like a typical SyFy channel, low budget, CGI mess
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    edited August 2014
    Burglar, starring Whoppi Goldberg..
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • Sci-fi Polk Guy
    edited August 2014
    Jhayman wrote: »
    Burglar, starring Whoppi Goldberg..

This is totally unrelated to post, but in your signature, I noticed that you have a Technics SL-1200Mk2 turntable. I had a college buddy who had one back in the early 80's. It was the bomb!! His system consisted of the aforementioned turntable with a Shure V15 Type IV cartridge, a 100 wpc stereo integrated amp and a tuner by Kenwood, a dbx noise reduction unit, and a pair of RTR towers with supertweeters. At that time, that was a nice rig for a college student.
    Paradigm SE sub
    Panasonic 50" plasma
    Yamaha RX A1000 receiver
    Parasound HCA 1205A amp
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited August 2014
    Twister is pretty high on my list of terrible movies. Medicine Man as well.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited August 2014
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Dune, Sting was in it, snooze fest took several viewings to watch it.

Absolutely....not to mention just trying to follow the story line was like shoving toothpicks up your nails.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited August 2014
    the "enhanced" original Star Wars trilogy...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    edited August 2014
    Many great entries guys.. But for big budget stinkers I have to mention...Waterworld...it really put the uck in SUCK.

Kevin Costner way overrated as an actor. He always plays the same guy....

X2! No Doubt my most hated movie!
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited August 2014
    lets not forget Howard the Duck... I was on the lot working the day Universal fired a dozen executives over that one.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited August 2014
  • westmassguy
    edited August 2014
    gdb wrote: »
    Pacific Rim
    Have to agree, great special effects and soundtrack, but the movie sucked.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/