Dreadnaught Avel-Lindberg 1000VA Transformer Group Buy?

Comments

• scubasteve4sq
    scubasteve4sq Posts: 72
    edited August 2014
    Not being able to post in classified I understand, not being able to view is stupid as hell
  • South Dakota Po
    South Dakota Po Posts: 15
    edited August 2014
    I really did not try to start something. I thought I was replying to Larry only. That sign up date for the club was the second time because for some reason I could not log on with my first sign up no matter what I tried so I just started over. I have a first edition of DK's SDA Compendium that I believe I bought under my first sign up name for proof and I read the viage forums for years without signing up. Just saying.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    edited August 2014
    nspindel wrote: »
    Does the case thread need to sit in the flea market? Why not just put it in Vintage Speakers like this thread?

I don't know, considering the only people that might buy the case would be in the group buy, and it's not like I would just sell to some bozo that just popped in, so I don't see it being a problem..

With that said, we still have rules, and even though I'm bending them a little considering the group buy with a few members, I feel the community would understand this situation. But I will still stay within the guide lines as much as possible..

Everyone in the group buy will be taken care of so I don't really see where there should be an issue on this, and the rules..
  • Toolfan66
    edited August 2014
    Is there a list of everyone that's in this group buy? I want to make sure no one is over looked with the cases..
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited August 2014
    Not being able to post in classified I understand, not being able to view is stupid as hell

You are not doing yourself any favors.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited August 2014
    That sign up date for the club was the second time because for some reason I could not log on with my first sign up no matter what I tried so I just started over.

Ah.....I stand corrected.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Mr_Hz
    Mr_Hz Posts: 176
    edited August 2014
    As a noob myself I've run up against the same rules as far as access to the classifieds. I will say that every member I've contacted via PM has been responsive and has help mitigate that deficiency on my post count. Other than accidently stepping on the toes of 1 senior member in my exuberance, I'm getting around, finding the info and support I need to move my suite of speakers towards ultimate performance levels.

Not to blow hot air up anyone's skirt but its the strength of those with knowledge and their willingness to share and support the neophites that make a strong community. I've had nothing but positive interactions will all I've dealt with. A real testament to a thriving, relevant enthusiast community.

Rock on!
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • scubasteve4sq
    edited August 2014
    F1nut wrote: »
    You are not doing yourself any favors.

I tremble at the thought of the forthcoming repercussions of expressing my own opinion...

If only I had known that yours differed from mine!
  • scubasteve4sq
    edited August 2014
    Back on subject, for those up us who are not worthy, here is a thread that shows the amazing cases that Larry makes. They will be all black anodized but other than that the same
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?142058-A-slightly-different-take-on-the-Dreadnought
  • F1nut
    edited August 2014
    I tremble at the thought of the forthcoming repercussions of expressing my own opinion...

If only I had known that yours differed from mine!

GFY and welcome to the BOZO list.

President of Club Polk

• scubasteve4sq
    edited August 2014
    Imagine that, a NUT in charge of a BOZO list
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited August 2014
    Imagine that, a NUT in charge of a BOZO list

Perhaps a little temperance and humility is in order?
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • F1nut
    edited August 2014
    headrott wrote: »
    Perhaps a little temperance and humility is in order?

Perhaps when he finds out he's not getting an enclosure he'll find some.

President of Club Polk

• scubasteve4sq
    edited August 2014
    Sorry I don't worship post counts and join dates. I'm here to conduct a business transaction, not to grovel at the feet of f1nut
  • scubasteve4sq
    edited August 2014

This is exactly what I mean, you think your Mr. BMOC so your going to attempt to interfere with my purchase because I didn't sit down and shut up like you ordered.

I doubt Larry would be that petty but if he is so be it, I'm more than Capable of making my own enclosure.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited August 2014
    Sorry I don't worship post counts and join dates. I'm here to conduct a business transaction, not to grovel at the feet of f1nut

Yes, well the business transaction is directly related to your post count and (potentially, but not absolutely) join date. This is by design and directly related to the Polk forum rules. And being new, you may not understand that, but since it has been pointed out to you, perhaps you will consider this.

For some, that's what it takes (and more)......
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • scubasteve4sq
    edited August 2014
    Yeah I remember when I turned 25 my insurance went down even though my box of driving talent never arrived in the mail. Arbitrary rules based on arbitrary numbers are always assanine, and if the price for expressing my opinion on this particular one is f1nut leveraging his influence with toolfan to cut me out of the buy then whatever, I've got access to several machine shops at work, I'll make my own.
  • scubasteve4sq
    edited August 2014
    And should anyone really be surprised that the minute I called post counts e-peen bullcrap, the guy with the highest post count on the forum shows up to mess with me? I'm not. Your a very small and petty man f1
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited August 2014
    Which is precisely why there are rules, and the for sale section is off limits to new members. The Forum is wholly owned by Polk, and is not a Democracy. They want contributing members, not people who jump in to buy or sell gear and leave, only to return and do the same thing. You might want to take it down a few notches before you start throwing insults at members with higher post counts. People like F1, toolfan, nspindel, headrott, didn't increase their post count by engaging in idle banter with people like you, they got there by helping other members, by contributing.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited August 2014
    Which is precisely why there are rules, and the for sale section is off limits to new members. The Forum is wholly owned by Polk, and is not a Democracy. They want contributing members, not people who jump in to buy or sell gear and leave, only to return and do the same thing. You might want to take it down a few notches before you start throwing insults at members with higher post counts. People like F1, toolfan, nspindel, headrott, didn't increase their post count by engaging in idle banter with people like you, they got there by helping other members, by contributing.

We'll said. I have been a member for a long time, don't have a huge post count but if they kept track of post reads I would be pretty high on the list. That is due to the fact that I don't have the vast knowledge of the others being discussed. I appreciate their advise, how to's and all input they offer. I don't have the best system on here, but it is far better than anything I would have had without them.

I appreciate and respect them. We all have different opinions on some things, very easy just to move on without all the rude comments.

We all had to abide by the rules...
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited August 2014
    Hi all, I stayed out of this thread b/c I had no need of another Avel-Lindberg tranny, but now I do. Just acquired a set of CRS+. If anyone bought an extra they would like to move pm me.

Thanks!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • vmaxer
    edited August 2014
    drumminman wrote: »
    Hi all, I stayed out of this thread b/c I had no need of another Avel-Lindberg tranny, but now I do. Just acquired a set of CRS+. If anyone bought an extra they would like to move pm me.

Thanks!

Wow, looks like we could have made the 25 mark.. I would have bought 2 at that price point.

I think it is too late to increase the order though.

I will probably regret not getting 2 of these!
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • scubasteve4sq
    edited August 2014

I never said it was a democracy, I said it was stupid. I have too many hobbies to worry about building post counts on particular forums, between knife making, gunsmithing, scuba diving, fishing, kayaking, computers, home brewing, and carpentry I don't have the time nor the inclination to worry about who thinks their special on the many forums I frequent. While I understand the necessity and the benefit of restrictions on who can sell goods or products, restrictions on the ability of casual users to peruse or view this section is unneeded and counter productive.
    If f1 disagrees with me about that or anyone else for that matter then fine we disagree, the end. Stop doling out all your advice on the matter, Noone is going to change anyone else's mind or their behavior.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited August 2014
    People like F1, toolfan, nspindel, headrott, didn't increase their post count by engaging in idle banter with people like you, they got there by helping other members, by contributing.

Not to mention the transformer you just were able to buy. Try that on your own buckwheat!!

Hard to believe the guy goes off the deep end wondering why we have the rules we have....

After he got a smokin deal on the torrid. If it wasn't for some here putting in the work on these he would of been S.O.L.

NICE scubbysnack:frown:
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited August 2014
    I never said it was a democracy, I said it was stupid. I have too many hobbies to worry about building post counts on particular forums, between knife making, gunsmithing, scuba diving, fishing, kayaking, computers, home brewing, and carpentry I don't have the time nor the inclination to worry about who thinks their special on the many forums I frequent. While I understand the necessity and the benefit of restrictions on who can sell goods or products, restrictions on the ability of casual users to peruse or view this section is unneeded and counter productive.
    If f1 disagrees with me about that or anyone else for that matter then fine we disagree, the end. Stop doling out all your advice on the matter, Noone is going to change anyone else's mind or their behavior.
    You have a right to your opinion, and I'm glad you have a lot of hobbies to keep you busy. When I joined not so long ago, I too was frustrated buy the rules, and locked horns with a few of the members I listed previously. That was solely due to my naivet
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • vmaxer
    edited August 2014
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Not to mention the transformer you just were able to buy. Try that on your own buckwheat!!

Hard to believe the guy goes off the deep end wondering why we have the rules we have....

After he got a smokin deal on the torrid. If it wasn't for some here putting in the work on these he would of been S.O.L.

NICE scubbysnack:frown:

I agree, this thread is a great example in itself. It was started by a new member and another more senior member stepped in and helped him ( and all of us) to be able to do this.

It really isn't so bad having to get 100 posts, could be a lot worse.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited August 2014
    Ok, back on topic......

Larry, you requested a list of everyone purchasing. Here is the list:

Mr_Hz (2 units)
    Moose68Bash
    motorstereo
    crispybrown
    vmaxer
    woofiepaws
    agfrost
    Inthefade
    stogie
    jonicont
    voltz
    sea
    South Dakota Po
    scubasteve4sq
    dhlogic
    dpowell
    GlennDogg (3 units)
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • Toolfan66
    edited August 2014
    nspindel wrote: »
    Ok, back on topic......

Larry, you requested a list of everyone purchasing. Here is the list:

Mr_Hz (2 units)
    Moose68Bash
    motorstereo
    crispybrown
    vmaxer
    woofiepaws
    agfrost
    Inthefade
    stogie
    jonicont
    voltz
    sea
    South Dakota Po
    scubasteve4sq
    dhlogic
    dpowell
    GlennDogg (3 units)

Thank You!!!
  • scubasteve4sq
    edited August 2014
    Noone did any design or research on these, dark knight called avel-lindberg gave them Matthew polks recommended specs and they came back with a few extra torroids left over from a custom run that fit the specifications. There's no magic going on, Mr. Polk laid out everything.
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited August 2014
    scubasteve4sq, actually there was plenty of research done by DK, see my post #126 for links to threads with his work. A lot of work went into experimenting with these transformers, to benefit people like yourself who can come along and a later date and say "Me too". It might benefit you to maybe express some appreciation instead of just hurling insults. If you're as displeased as you seem, I'll be happy to give you a refund. I'm sure drumminman would be happy if a transformer became available.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.