West coast gathering!

warviper
warviper Posts: 585
edited August 2004 in Gatherings & Special Events
I was wondering if there would be anypeople interested. I have a fairly large house and I would be more than happy to host a gathering. I would like to have a ton of people over but even a couple would be great. Here is my gear list.

LS90s
1Cs
CS1000p
DefTech bpx
Klipsch rsw12
deftech psw15
Carver TFM 15cb
Sunfire refrence
Sunfire MKII
Yamahaa rx2300
Pioneer 45a dvd sacdp

Yea and i only got like 20 cds that are in good condition the rest are from my younger years when I didnt take care of stuff.

I live in Boise ID and would like to host this so lets make this happen.
Wish I was a polkologist then I could call my self Dr.warviper.
Post edited by warviper on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2004
    Good on you, for wanting to get something together. That being said, the line starts over THERE.

Troy is hosting a gathering in October on the right coast, so if you *really* want to do something, with 'Polk' backing, I suggest you start milling ideas around August, and shoot for a Dec/Jan date.

Not to say you can't get some bro's togther, by all means, DO IT. I've been over this at length with Polk, and they can only 'sponsor / endorse' so much, if that makes sense.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • warviper
    edited June 2004
    Thanx for the info. Maybe a moderator can comment on this. But I would love to do this with or with out polk. Not sure how much Polk helps out with these types of things but I am willing to provide beer, steaks and the space. Please dont take this wrong I would be honered to have Polk the company take intrest in this but I also see how they cant be sending out stuff or people every time some one has a BBQ. LOL I dont have the first idea on how to even start this so if you wanna show me I will learn. We have cold winters here so the January December time frame will be too cold in my opinion. And Im not sure if planing something a year in advanced is a doable thing. Lets take it step by step and see how many would even be interested. Then I will go to polk and see if they will give us their blessing. Sniff Sniff, wished I lived on the east coast. :( Naw the west is still the best.:D
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2004
    LOVE IT! this is actually doable. Yes, Dec. Jan is the freakin middle of winter around the Northwest. :eek: we'd be eating frozen steakcicles for sure.

Warviper, count me in bro.

Summer is the best time for outdoor activities.. after we've gotten our listen on.
    It would be cool to have a Polk blessing on the gathering.. but since we're so isolated from the rest of the Polk speaker owners.. i say we plan to go ahead with it.

Boise is only a few hundred miles as opposed to 2850 miles to the east coast. give or take a mile or two.
    :p

gear I can bring is a nice pair of monitor 7's, tube DAC (woo hoo), and maybe the SVS 20-39PCi

end of July, most of Aug, or Sept all lookin good right now.

Lets keep this movin ahead.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited June 2004
    I'd love to go, warviper, but what we really need is someone in Utah or Nevada to step up to host so that the location would be more centralized. From here in AZ, it would be about as close to go another TX Polk gathering.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited June 2004
    I'm thinking Vegas is close enough to ANYONE on here.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • danger boy
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by hoosier21
    I'm thinking Vegas is close enough to ANYONE on here.

yes, but are there any club members in Vegas? that's why Boise makes sense for Northwest club Polkies

A AZ gathering makes sense for those members in and near AZ. There are a few members in AZ who are pretty active on here.

Why not just regional gatherings? but if anyone wants to travel to the host city.. as a member they'd be more than welcome. ;)

I'd love more than anything to be able to make the SC gathering. but it ain't going to happen. I"d have to sell my entire HT system to be able to afford just the plane ticket there. :eek:
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited June 2004
    My vote is for AZ or Las Vegas. I could do either. Sounds like fun!
  • warviper
    edited June 2004
    Stop yer bitching, its only 9 hours to Boise from Vegas.;) :D
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by warviper
    Stop yer bitching, its only 9 hours to Boise from Vegas.;) :D

Only it take 6-7 to get to Vegas from Tucson!

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • danger boy
    edited June 2004
    you all could do a Vegas/Tucson gathering.. ;)
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited June 2004
    What's amazing is that between Phoenix/Tucson to Vegas there isn't a major freeway between the two of them. Most of the drive is a one lane road.....it fu$%in SUCKS!!!!!!!
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • warviper
    edited June 2004
    Im all for a meet some place else but no promises can be made on my part. It would be great to be able to just get togeather any where.

Al if you want you can stop by to check out the 1cs anytime.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited June 2004
    Sounds like a great idea for you folks, get that hooked up!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited June 2004
    wheres the east coast one at? im in NY
  • danger boy
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by warviper
    Im all for a meet some place else but no promises can be made on my part. It would be great to be able to just get togeather any where.

Al if you want you can stop by to check out the 1cs anytime.

thanks.. i'd love to hear em.

I guess we'll never find a place that will accomidate everyone every time, all the time.

I hope we can go with the Boise Polkfest this summer. I know I'd be able to make that. As for any other place outside of WA, ID, OR, or MT, it's doubtful i could attend. I"m willing to travel.. but two to three days to get there just doesn't make enough sense to me.

Lets have a Northwest gathering then a Southwest one, etc.

I'll be in Reno/Tahoe early next month if anyone lives in either place. :p

Lets keep this alive as long as we can.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by Airplay355
    wheres the east coast one at? im in NY

Yeah, I'd like to know, too. I live in NC.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2004
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2004
    haha; wow; right under my nose. :rolleyes: I couldn't have been more blind. Thanks.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • warviper
    edited June 2004
    Well Danger Boy let me know the time you wanna come over.
  • danger boy
    edited June 2004
    I will do that.. i'd like to come over in July or Aug. i'll have to see when i can escape for a three day weekend. and drive down on a Fri. and drive back on Sun. It's been years... (over 15) since I was last in Boise.
    I'm sure it's changed just a wee bit since then. ha ha ha.

Hey what is your first name?

There are a few other Polkies on here from the Northwest.. maybe once we have a date pinned down.. others might want to make the trip too.

Al the pal
  • warviper
    edited June 2004
    Uhhh Warviper is my first name.;)

Cuong is how its spelled Cwong is how its pronounced.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited June 2004
    I-SIG,

Where in Tucson do you live? I am in Tucson also, work at UMC, and live in Sahuarita actually.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • danger boy
    edited June 2004
    warviper, how does Aug. 7th sound to ya?

I've got a long weekend coming up then... so i wouldn't have to be rushed.

Do you know how far it is from Spokane to Boise? I'm guessing.. somewhere around 6 to 7 hours. give or take an hour or two.

get back to me when you know if that date will work out with your plans. I wish it could be sooner than that.. but i've already got most of July booked up. :D
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2004
    If I start walking now, I think I can make that one....sign me up :)
  • warviper
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    If I start walking now, I think I can make that one....sign me up :)

If you come can you bring the turtle with you?:D
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2004
    LOL!
  • Zen Dragon
    Zen Dragon Posts: 501
    edited June 2004
    I'm Seattle area, and I'm all for the Nortwest gathering. Keep the info flowing, but Aug sounds great. Jeesh, I know the Polks were built in MD, but you'd think there woulda been more Polk migration than there has been.
    Steaks, beer and Polks sound awesome. I have the 1C's also. I'd love to hear them on the Sunfire. I could contribute some mixed CD music, and maybe some gear. I am playing musical amps right now and have several in need of repair in the garage when I find the time.
    The Family
    Polk SDA-1C's
    Polk SDA-2
    Polk Monitor 10B's
    Polk LSI-9's
    Polk Monitor 5's
    Polk 5 jr's
    Polk PSW-450 Sub
    Polk CSI40 Center

Do not one day come to die, and discover you have not lived.
    This is pretty f***ed up right here.
  • danger boy
    edited June 2004
    Zen Dragon, sounds good man... lets keep this gathering alive.. lets make it Northwest Audiofest 2004

Lets see who else we can get on board. I think there is a somewhat newbie in the Portland area.. maybe he'd be interested too. :D

I got the William Hung CD i can bring :p She bangs, She bangs!! :eek:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited June 2004
    Forget it, I'm not walking!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• warviper
    edited June 2004
    Cool as long as the main day is sunday Im all good I think we should start talking days that it should be held on. This is gonna be a great time.