West coast gathering!

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2004
    how about Aug. 7th or 8th? that weekend would work for me.. but Warviper, it's your call.

Are you thinking something small on sat. then the main day being on Sunday. or sunday only?

Just want to be on the same page. Once we got the date set... I think more will be on board with this. ;)

al
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by avelanchefan
    I-SIG,

Where in Tucson do you live? I am in Tucson also, work at UMC, and live in Sahuarita actually.

Alright! Another Arizonan, thats what I'm talkin' about.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by avelanchefan
    I-SIG,

Where in Tucson do you live? I am in Tucson also, work at UMC, and live in Sahuarita actually.

Sean,

PM sent, bud!

Steve in AZ,

Right on the money! A SW Polkie gathering is looking more and more possible!

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited June 2004
    You, me, Brett, and Avelanchefan might have to get together, knock back some suds a listen to some tunes!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • warviper
    warviper Posts: 585
    edited June 2004
    I gotta buisness to run and i cant get away from it but it would be ideal if you guys could start showing up saturday night so my wifey can make you guys some breakfast. Maybe hook up Al's Svs and watch some movies.

I dont see a problem with that date. Im off to slave away monday morning but feel free to stay the whole day. Lol longer if you like Im realy woudnt mind.

It would be great if you guys could bring different gear and Cds. Ill try to pay the electric bill till after the meeting. ;)
    Wish I was a polkologist then I could call my self Dr.warviper.
  • danger boy
    edited July 2004
    lets start a list of who is planning to attend. and what gear and software they are bringing. Date is Aug 7th, 8th. Location Boise, ID

1. Danger Boy - SVS sub, CAL tube DAC, some MFSL CD's
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited July 2004
    Are you serious about hauling that sub down to Boise?
  • danger boy
    edited July 2004
    the beauty of tube subs.. they are light weight. it's a whopping 48 pounds light.

about half the weight of a comparable box sub. Plus I need to build up my arms. ;)
  • warviper
    edited July 2004
    Zen Dragon you still good to go? Ill start PMing my addy to those who wish to show.
  • danger boy
    edited July 2004
    I've been gone and week... and no more people are on board with the Pac Northwest audiofest 2004?

Come on guys... the more people the more beer we can consume. lol

warviper is kind enough to offer up his pad for us to get together and talk and listen and just generally BS in a nice relaxed atmosphere.

How about it guys? Lets make this happen in Boise.

al
  • warviper
    edited July 2004
    .:D
  • warviper
    edited July 2004
    Hmmm anybody else wanna come? Zen and Danger any favorite beers or beverages? Hope there are some last minute people.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited July 2004
    I'm on the way! Oh wait I'm drunk, nevermind. ;) The only thing I have to say is pictures, pictures and pictures.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • danger boy
    edited July 2004
    warviper, do you know of any el cheap-o motels in Boise or near your place? I"m really looking forward to this audiofest and drinking some beers and checking out some fine tunes.

BTW, i like most any beer.. except the dark heavy ones.. to malty/hoppy for my tastes. ;)
  • warviper
    edited July 2004
    No need for hotels I have one guest bedroom and a spare bedroom. I also have six couches available if more people are coming over. I would be honored if you guys stayed over.
  • danger boy
    edited July 2004
    warviper,

that's a very nice gesture.. i'll take you up on it. Saving money on a motel.. means more money for beer. ;)

Al
  • danger boy
    edited July 2004
    ok guys... this is only about two weeks away now. How come more Northwest guys haven't signed up yet? C'mon it's not that far to Boise. It'll be more fun than mowing the lawn on a hot summer day. ha ha ha.

who's in for sure?

1. Warviper (host)
    2. Danger Boy
    3. Zen Dragon ?
    4. ??
    5. ??

how cool would it be to have a few more guys with more gear to demo? :D
  • danger boy
    edited July 2004
    ok. we're less than two weeks away till we meet for the first ever Northwest Audio fest 2004.

Who else is coming?

A few more guys would be great.
  • danger boy
    edited July 2004
    warviper,

hey are things still good to go? Let me know what's the status for that weekend. If plans have changed... just let me know..

Al
  • warviper
    edited July 2004
    Every thing is still good to go on my end. Making sure the wife is ready and putting togeather some food for you to try it should be a great time. Wish more were coming. Maybe after you confirm that Im not some three eyed freak that next year there will be more people that can come.
  • danger boy
    edited July 2004
    ok sounds good.

Yeah i wish a few more could make it..

Hey if it's alright with you.. my roommate is willing to make the drive down with me. Is it ok if he hangs with us too? He's very nice and a great guy.

Al
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited July 2004
    Come on you west coast people, get your arse's in gear. What could be better than hanging out with other Polkies for a day or so and listening to gear!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• warviper
    edited July 2004
    Sure thing. As long as there is still room for the Svs I dont mind at all.;) :D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited July 2004
    Enjoy the gathering folks, take pics and tell lies :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • danger boy
    edited August 2004
    hey guys.. there is still time if you leave now.. to make the Northwest Audiofest 2004 in Boise, ID. lol

It's this weekend!!!

It's open to anyone and everyone from the forum within ear shot of this post.

Any Polkies in Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Utah, Nevada?????
  • Zen Dragon
    Zen Dragon Posts: 501
    edited August 2004
    Sorry guys I have been out of pocket. Had someone leave at work which means 12 and 14 hour days for the last couple weeks. I am very sad to say this weekend is a no-go for me. I have house guests traveling in to visit. I am major bummed as I would have loved to do a Polk gathering. Warm weather, bar-b-que, beer and music just go together in such a great way. I am very sorry I can not attend. :(
    Half my Summer's been a bust so far from the work schedule. Missed a brew fest and a blues festival locally too.
    The Family
    Polk SDA-1C's
    Polk SDA-2
    Polk Monitor 10B's
    Polk LSI-9's
    Polk Monitor 5's
    Polk 5 jr's
    Polk PSW-450 Sub
    Polk CSI40 Center

Do not one day come to die, and discover you have not lived.
    This is pretty f***ed up right here.
  • warviper
    edited August 2004
    Too bad Zen, maybe we can hook up at a latter date. You will be missed.
  • Zen Dragon
    Zen Dragon Posts: 501
    edited August 2004
    Please keep me updated on how it goes, and any other dates or developements
    The Family
    Polk SDA-1C's
    Polk SDA-2
    Polk Monitor 10B's
    Polk LSI-9's
    Polk Monitor 5's
    Polk 5 jr's
    Polk PSW-450 Sub
    Polk CSI40 Center

Do not one day come to die, and discover you have not lived.
    This is pretty f***ed up right here.
  • danger boy
    edited August 2004
    it's finally time. this weekend.. i'm traveling to meet up with warviper and hang out and listen to some 1C's and Sunfire.

Man this is going to be cool.

I'll take pics and report back next week once my ears recover. ha ha ha. ;)
  • warviper
    edited August 2004
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I had a great time and Al and his friend Rich were real great guys. When i get some more time Ill get to the specifics. Hey Al make sure you post the pics.:D