how do i insert a message in posts?

digitalsonic
digitalsonic Posts: 12
edited November 2013 in Forum Testing Area
I would like to type something that shows up every time I post something. an example is when people post, at the bottom of every post they have includes either a saying, quote, or theater equipment. How do I do this?
Post edited by digitalsonic on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited May 2013
    Hello,
    If you look at your profile there is a section called "signature" this is where you can add a description of your system or quote etc.
  • digitalsonic
    digitalsonic Posts: 12
    edited May 2013
    I did figure it out, but when I input my home theater info, I was told it was too long. It was less than 500 characters.
  • robinofsherwood
    robinofsherwood Posts: 25
    edited November 2013
    Hi Ken,
    I've not been able to find "signature" in my profile page.
    Can you give me a bigger clue where to look?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited November 2013
    I checked and I can't find it either, it could be a problem with the current itteration of this forum, Polk's IT department may have limited certain aspects of it, temporarily.
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    edited November 2013
    Ken,I also p/md you about this very problem w/ no answer at all. It seems the box that says alow sig or not is gone and not that I always want to show it I did want to change it's content and structure.When I ordered my RDOs I brought this up and the I/T guys said something is going on and they will look into it. It's still not there and could you also find out what's going on.P/Ms do work but not this function and I can notlist my gear on the showcase either.
    Lew....
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    edited November 2013
    Hey everybody forget about using "My Profile" use "Setting" then on the left of that page under "My Profile" use "Edit Signature".

And remember if all else fails change your "Quick Style" at the bottom of the page to "test" that will enable (as far as I can tell) all the stock "vBulletin@" options.
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • leftwinger57
    edited November 2013
    gimpod I tried it your way a bunch of times and says save sig .Then hit save and nothing. Also missing is the box where if you want to list sig or not is not there or here any more.I'm trying again if no sig then somethings really wrong, all of us can't be that off.Test turned to blue did nothing to change things either.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • gimpod
    edited November 2013
    Once you save your sig go back and select "Edit Signature", you should see it then. To make it visible to everyone go to "General Setting" then scroll down to the "Thread Display Options" and make sure the "Show Signatures" box is checked then select the "Save Changes" button. It Works for me, Check my sig I just added "I KNOW, I'M SICK AND NEED HELP"
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • leftwinger57
    edited November 2013
    after going into general settings I found all 3 boxes are checked .It just doesn't work for me any more.Or even still now no box to alow to show no show sig .Waaaaaaaa

• gimpod
    edited November 2013
    That should have worked. :confused: unless the "Show your signature" check box in the "Quick Reply" or the "Reply to Thread" box is unchecked, like I just did for this reply, I unchecked it.
  • gimpod
    edited November 2013
    And here it is checked.

If this doesn't help then it's something Polk's IT guys did or didn't do in the vBulletin code.