• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited March 2013
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Anybody tried these yet?

http://www.audio-magic.com/Prod-NanoFuse.html

NanoFuse.jpg

Specifically talking about the SUPER Fuse (Nano-Liquid)

Tom

Don't have the "super fuse", but I have one of the ones you have pictured in my DAC. It was on clearance for $40.00 so I thought what the hay! I had a Hi-Fi Tuning silver fuse in it prior to the audio magic fuse. IMO, the Audio Magic fuse is more refined sounding and has better detail than the Hi-Fi tuning silver fuse. Of course, the differences are small but noticable. I would interested in hearing what the "super fuse" sounds like. Since it's a ceramic fuse, I would think it would sound even more refined and detailed.

I also have an Audio Magic XLR digital cable (the "Illusion") and it has a HUGE soundstage. Audio Magic makes some good stuff (from the experiences I've had anyway).
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Thanks, guys, for all your comments.

What have I learned:

1. Sounds like there is enough in the way of good experiences out there that buying the HiFi Tuning Supremes is not just an experiment.

2. I should have done a better job of searching the forum, and I'm not surprised that DarqueKnight has already posted a lot of work on this topic.

3. There is yet another "carrot" dangling down the "rabbit hole." I hesitate to ask, but what is a "WA quantum fuse chip?" :eek:
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• DON73
    DON73 Posts: 516
    edited March 2013
    Options
    :lol:Next comes Hi Fi circuit breakers at my home's service panel and Hi Fi power cable from my electric meter.......how about HI FI quality electric meters. Bottomless holes with questionable minute audible results.:lol::lol:
    I'll spend my extra cash on some really great sounding music and spend my extra time kicking back and listening
    TO ERR IS HUMAN. TO FORGIVE IS CANINE.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,764
    edited March 2013
    Options
    DON73 wrote: »
    I'll spend my extra cash on some really great sounding music and spend my extra time kicking back and listening

Do you feel better now that we know what you are doing with your extra cash? You seem starved for attention.

You should learn to be as frugal with your time as you are with your cash. The subject of this tread was audio grade fuses, not what everyone is doing with their extra cash. If you did not have anything constructive to add, pro or con, your time would have best been spent listening to your music.

Make sense?
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2013
    Options

What have I learned:

1. Sounds like there is enough in the way of good experiences out there that buying the HiFi Tuning Supremes is not just an experiment.

2. I should have done a better job of searching the forum, and I'm not surprised that DarqueKnight has already posted a lot of work on this topic.

3. There is yet another "carrot" dangling down the "rabbit hole." I hesitate to ask, but what is a "WA quantum fuse chip?" :eek:

Hey Phil,
    That is alot of money for a fuse (HiFi premiums).
    Consider trying some of the other ones first, just to gather some thoughts.
    I have been pleased with the Furutech and Isoclean fuses, and they are alot cheaper.

If you want to pm me, I can show you a good deal on the gold HiFi's from an authorized dealer (friend of mine).
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Love it. Well said.
    Do you feel better now that we know what you are doing with your extra cash? You seem starved for attention.

You should learn to be as frugal with your time as you are with your cash. The subject of this tread was audio grade fuses, not what everyone is doing with their extra cash. If you did not have anything constructive to add, pro or con, your time would have best been spent listening to your music.

Make sense?
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • DON73
    DON73 Posts: 516
    edited March 2013
    Options

Make sense?

Really? You self appointed forum moderators should allow for a sense of humor now and then. Why do you think I'm starved for attention? That coming from someone with such a pretentious name as Darque Knight? Get over yourself DQ I have.:loneranger: Why did you even feel the need to reply when all you contributed were negative condescending comments toward me. OP's very well written post was an interesting read and I apologize to him if he was offended by my post. You DQ can ........well can't say that here. KMA
    TO ERR IS HUMAN. TO FORGIVE IS CANINE.
  • headrott
    edited March 2013
    Options

What have I learned:

The WA quantum chips are little (or bigger depending on what the chip is "tuned" to) restickable "chips" that are stated to reduce noise at the quantum level (where apparently most cable nonbelievers can't or refuse to hear or see). They make chips for almost every piece of equipment (speakers, amps, pre-amps, DACs, cables (power, digital, analog, etc)) and specific gear parts (i.e. fuses, rectifiers, etc.)) that you put onto the piece of equipment to gain the reduced vibration, noise, etc. to gain better transparency, imaging, detail, etc. I hope I described the chips well enough. You can find them at places like VH Audio and thecableco.com as well as a few others.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited March 2013
    Options
    headrott wrote: »
    The WA quantum chips are little (or bigger depending on what the chip is "tuned" to) restickable "chips" that are stated to reduce noise at the quantum level (where apparently most cable nonbelievers can't or refuse to hear or see). They make chips for almost every piece of equipment (speakers, amps, pre-amps, DACs, cables (power, digital, analog, etc)) and specific gear parts (i.e. fuses, rectifiers, etc.)) that you put onto the piece of equipment to gain the reduced vibration, noise, etc. to gain better transparency, imaging, detail, etc. I hope I described the chips well enough. You can find them at places like VH Audio and thecableco.com as well as a few others.

headrott,

Thanks for the description and information about sources.

I'll check into "WA quantum chips" from the sources to which you referred me.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,314
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Just an FYI, Hi-Fi tuning fuses are having a closeout sale over at Music Direct. 1/2 off. The link can be seen below. No affiliation.

http://www.musicdirect.com/c-773-hi-fi-tuning-closeouts.aspx?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=04-19-13&utm_content=&utm_campaign=soundbytes

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Nounours18200
    Nounours18200 Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Have you tried the AHP fuses ? We have compared them to the HiFi Tunning fuses, and found them better than the HifiTunning ones...

Maybe those laready having HiFitunning fuses should ompare in order to confirm or disagree...
  • headrott
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Have you tried the AHP fuses ? We have compared them to the HiFi Tunning fuses, and found them better than the HifiTunning ones...

Maybe those laready having HiFitunning fuses should ompare in order to confirm or disagree...

I have not heard of these fuses so thank you for the reference. What types/brands of equipment have you compared them in? HiFi Tuning fuses have faired very well in my experience, but as I stated have not heard the AHP fuses. What benefits did you find from the AHP vurses HiFi Tining fuses (i.e soundstage, imaging, tone, detail, frequency response, etc.?). Thanks for your time.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• Nounours18200
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The AHP fuses have been compared in the following system :
    -Source: KRELL MD-10R
    -DAC: custom DIY
    -Preamp: JADIS JP80MC 20th Anniversay Ediiton with a lot of upgrades
    -Amp: KRELL KSA-50 mkII and MARK LEVINSON ML 20.6
    -Speakers: APOGEE DIVA
    -Cable: Siltech

The AHP fuses appeared to be superior to the HiFi Tuning fuses, BUT you have to be aware that HiFi Tuning has 3 different types of fuses:
    -the first model
    -the Ultimate
    -the Supreme (the latest one)
    and the AHP have been compared with the first model of HiFiTuning, and a friend of us has tested this week the latest Supreme model in a (even better) high end system, and his verdict is that the HiFiTuning Reference model ar ethe best ones.

I should order a few Supreme fuses to perform my own tests on my own system (a good one too) because based on my friend test, the AHP are better than the first Hifi Tuning model but probably a lower performer than the matest HifiTuning Supreme model.

Hope this helps, and I am still interested by your feedback
  • DarqueKnight
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The AHP fuses appeared to be superior to the HiFi Tuning fuses, BUT you have to be aware that HiFi Tuning has 3 different types of fuses:
    -the first model
    -the Ultimate
    -the Supreme (the latest one)
    and the AHP have been compared with the first model of HiFiTuning, and a friend of us has tested this week the latest Supreme model in a (even better) high end system, and his verdict is that the HiFiTuning Reference model ar ethe best ones.

There have actually been five generations of HiFi Tuning Fuses:

1. Gold first generation.
    2. Gold second generation.
    3. Silverstar.
    4. Ultimate.
    5. Supreme.

I wonder what the next generation will be called since it has to top "supreme". "Ultimate" and "supreme" are synonyms, so the next generation will likely be another synonym of "ultimate".

I, and others, found Isoclean fuses to be superior to the first generation HFT Gold fuses. I, and others, found the second generation HFT Gold and subsequent generation HFT fuses to be superior to Isoclean.

I have not tried any other audio grade fuses other than Isoclean and HiFi Tuning.

PS Audio used to sell AHP fuses under their "Critical Link" brand. The consensus on the PS Audio forum of those who compared AHP/Critical Link to 2nd gen or later HiFi Tuning was that HiFi Tuning was better. After all the buzz the HFT fuses were getting, PS Audio dropped the Critical Link fuses.
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited October 2013
    Options

3. Silverstar.
    4. Ultimate.
    5. Supreme.

I wonder what the next generation will be called since it has to top "supreme". "Ultimate" and "supreme" are synonyms, so the next generation will likely be another synonym of "ultimate".

Platinum I reckon.
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • headrott
    edited October 2013
    Options

3. Silverstar.
    4. Ultimate.
    5. Supreme.

I, and others, found Isoclean fuses to be superior to the first generation HFT Gold fuses. I, and others, found the second generation HFT Gold and subsequent generation HFT fuses to be superior to Isoclean.

I have not tried any other audio grade fuses other than Isoclean and HiFi Tuning.

PS Audio used to sell AHP fuses under their "Critical Link" brand. The consensus on the PS Audio forum of those who compared AHP/Critical Link to 2nd gen or later HiFi Tuning was that HiFi Tuning was better. After all the buzz the HFT fuses were getting, PS Audio dropped the Critical Link fuses.

Ray, I wasn't aware that there were 2 generations of Gold fuses? How can one tell the difference between the two generations?
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• DarqueKnight
    edited October 2013
    Options
    headrott wrote: »
    Ray, I wasn't aware that there were 2 generations of Gold fuses? How can one tell the difference between the two generations?

Gold Gen 1 logo had a hollow diode triangle with a line through it. Gold Gen 2 logo, and subsequent generation logos, had a solid diode triangle. Let's hope that they didn't do a "Polk" and started putting Gen 2 parts in Gen 1 casings until all Gen 1 casings were used up.:twisted: One dealer's website has pictures of 3rd Gen Silverstar fuses with the hollow triangle logo, but the Silverstar fuses I bought from them had the solid logo. Perhaps that photo is a preproduction photo or HFT used up the remaining hollow triangle cases with early production Gen 3 fuses.

I doubt if there are any new Gen 1 Golds to be found at dealers. The Gen 2 Golds were discontinued in 2009 have been on closeout for a while.

HFT1stGen2_zpse496545e.jpg
    HiFi Tuning Gold Gen 1

HFT2ndGen1_zps96006b53.jpg
    HiFi Tuning Gold Gen 2
  • headrott
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Thanks Ray. I will need to check the gold fuses I have in my VK-200 and Theta Jade transport to see which Generation I have. I believe it was Gen 2.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• Nounours18200
    edited October 2013
    Options

I will test the latest generation of HiFiTuning "Supreme" fuses in the near future, on various device: DAC, preamp and amp... I will let you know the results !...
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Bad spam.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.