Newegg thoughts?

CarlosD
CarlosD Posts: 21
edited February 2013 in Forum Testing Area
Hello Club, making my first foray into the threads here and wondering if any of you have strong feelings one way or another about Newegg. I see lots of references to Newegg in the exisiting threads but nothing specifically about the purchasing experience with them. They have lots of mixed reviews on other sites. It seems as if they're the only name-brand retailer or etailer selling the new Monitor series. Thanks in advance for any illumination...

Carlos
Audio: Polk LS70
Home Theater: Polk TSI 400 Fronts, CS10 center, R1 surrounds, PSW110 subwoofer
Post edited by CarlosD on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2013
    Ive been buying from Newegg for several years now. Im an avid PC enthusiast, overclocker, gamer and builder so Ive bought thousand of dollars of stuff from them over the last several years. To date I have not had a single bad experience. Prices are as good or close to as good as anywhere else, selections is plentiful, shipping is extremely fast and packaging is always top notch and their customer service is reported to be among the best as well (cant say personally as Ive never had to use it). They also have the best website for searching and browsing online period. Amazon usually has stuff a little cheaper but its a lot more pain in the balls to find with their search format.

There has been a little wrinkle where theyve stopped supporting some of my favorite PC enthusiast communities like HardOCP.com so that makes me want to not spend as much with them but their website is so superb and me never having a negative experience with them will probably keep me shopping there.

So yeah, I can recommend Newegg wholeheartedly based on 5+ years of experience and countless purchases.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • TurboGTU
    TurboGTU Posts: 187
    edited January 2013
    I've bought a lot of computer equipment through them, never any audio equipment however. I've never had a bad experience yet in probably the 6 or 7 years I've been shopping with them. Every time I've had a bad part, they've helped get it returned or replaced.
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited January 2013
    Great online retailer
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • tommyt21
    tommyt21 Posts: 685
    edited January 2013
    It was rated in the top ten online retailers
    Living Room
    Fronts: RTi A7's
    Center: Csi A6 VR3 "Fortress Plus"
    Front Heights: Rti A1
    Surrounds: Rti A3
    Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK4 Damn this is a good SUB
    Pioneer Pioneer Elite: SC-35-> Emotiva XPA-3
    TV: Lg LW6500 55" Passive 3D
    Blu-Ray Panasonic BD 210
    XboX 360 Slim/Kinect

Acoustimac red suede panels
  • Juggalo23451
    Juggalo23451 Posts: 42
    edited January 2013
    Newegg is a great site. I get a lot of pc parts there :)
    Computer builder and water cooler
    res/mcp35x-rx480-gpu-gpu-rx480 white tubing
    res/mcp35x-rx480cpu-chipset-res orange tubing
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    edited January 2013
    I have only had one little tickoff from them a open box video card that did not work and I had to pay $7 to ship it back. But listen I have brought Polk monitor 60, monitor 70, CS2, CsiA6, 3 Onkyo receivers never any problems at all.

thsmith wrote: »
    Great online retailer
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • CarlosD
    CarlosD Posts: 21
    edited January 2013
    Thank you All! Great insights!

Carlos
    Audio: Polk LS70
    Home Theater: Polk TSI 400 Fronts, CS10 center, R1 surrounds, PSW110 subwoofer
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    edited January 2013
    Speaker boxes came dented up. No fault of Newegg. Sign up for the daily Eblast emails and you will be able to use the codes for discounts when they have a sale. Good luck, Darryl
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • philr168
    philr168 Posts: 91
    edited January 2013
    I use Newegg all the time. Have had a couple of problems, not theirs, they are first rate on returns.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited January 2013
    Had a bunch of transactions with them for both pc parts as well as HT speakers and no issues. Have bought open box with no issues as well as RMA'd a couple items and no issues with that process either.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited January 2013
    Welcome to Club Polk!

And another thumbs UP for newegg.com

I've bought a number of things from them over the years. Good service, good products!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • amgala
    amgala Posts: 111
    edited January 2013
    Newegg is awesome, I've bought a bunch of things from them (including my Polk speakers and sub), no hassles or worries. Their customer service is also usually very good.
    Front Speakers: Polk Audio LSi15 x 2
    Center Speaker: Polk Audio LSiC
    Rear Speakers: Polk Audio LSiF/X x 2
    Subwoofers: Polk Audio PSW505 x 2
    AVR: Denon AVR-3313CI
    Amp: Emotiva XPA-5
  • KellyMic
    KellyMic Posts: 166
    edited January 2013
    Newegg is great in every aspect. Great prices and very good when you need to return an item. I buy PC stuff almost exclusively from them.
    ---
    Polk Studio Monitor 4.6 Series 2's, Polk RT1000p's, Polk LSi25's, Boston Acoustic VR-975's
    Crown D-75, Crown CE1000, Crown CE2000
  • timalan
    timalan Posts: 106
    edited January 2013
    I'll add my thumbs-up. I've ordered dozens of items from them over the years and have never had a problem.
    5.1 theater - Pioneer SC-07, Mirage OMD-CC center, 4 x Mirage Omnisats, Boston Acoustics VPS-210 sub
    2.1 living room - NAD 7400 integrated, 2 x Platinum Audio Duos, MIT Terminator4 cables
    2.1 bedroom- Arcam Solo, 2 x Mirage OMD-5's
    FOR SALE - Genesis Servo-10 sub, Genesis Servo-12 amp; Martin Logan Dynamo sub; Mirage MM-6 sub; Harman Kardon DPR-1001 7.1 receiver
  • htrdln
    htrdln Posts: 116
    edited January 2013
    i ordered my polk 70's from them one of the grills were broken on arrival they gave me a credit and polk shipped a new grill great company
  • Syndil
    Syndil Posts: 1,582
    edited January 2013
    I too buy most of my PC gear from Newegg. However their return policy is not always the best, depending on the item. Just recently I purchased a SanDisk ReadyCache SSD that turned out to be faulty, and it ended up being more economical for me to return the drive directly to SanDisk rather than pursuing an RMA through Newegg. Sandisk paid for my return shipping and shipped me out a new unit.

But I will still continue to buy most of my stuff from Newegg.

RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII
  • Caineo
    Caineo Posts: 17
    edited January 2013
    I run a company that has bought a lot of stuff from NewEgg and had good experience. I had one good experience and one bad experience in the Christmas season just past that has called my confidence in them into question.

I bought a Yamaha receiver from them for $199 for one of my kids for Christmas. I went back to buy another for another kid, but the price was $249. Ok, fine, it's the internet.

But they continued to run Google ads for the next three days for the same Yamaha receiver at $199 but clicking through to the landing page the receiver was $249. I made three separate attempts to run it up the chain at NewEgg and get them to honor the $199 price they were advertising. They steadfastly refused claiming they weren't responsible. I take a dim view of vendors who won't honor their advertised prices.

It left a bad taste in my mouth.
  • lukewayne
    lukewayne Posts: 80
    edited February 2013
    reading this thread got me wondering, checked my newegg order history.

shows orders back to 2003. not sure if they only keep 10 years record, or if that was my first order with them, but they have been a wonderful company to deal with over the years and i fully recommend them.

polk speakers go on sale quite often. you'll get notified if you sign up for the email alerts. just unsubscribe after you find the deal you want as they email almost daily.
    Sony Playstation 3; Custom HTPC
    Polk Monitor 10B Front; 2xPolk CS350LS Center;
    Monitor 5B rears (RB0194-1 Upgrade);
    Velodyne VA1012XII sub
  • Syndil
    Syndil Posts: 1,582
    edited February 2013
    If you want to see how cheap an item has been sold for in the past on Newegg, check out http://www.camelegg.com .

RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII
  • ericks0ns
    ericks0ns Posts: 53
    edited February 2013
    Have purchased from NewEgg many times over the years when building PC's and always had a good experience.