Windows Vista log on problem, need help

2»

Comments

• mmadden28mmadden28 Posts: 4,327
    edited July 2010
    Can you locate the .exe file that is running? If so you can submit that to a site (there are several) that will scan it--There are several ways to determine the executable, the most basic way is to launch Task Manager and look for the Adobe Updater task that's running--Then right click on it and select Properties, that will tell you where the file is located.

I have to run right now, I'll see if I can find any of those sites that you can submit the file to later tonight....

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • mmadden28mmadden28 Posts: 4,327
    edited July 2010
    Here ya go--I believe this is the same site I used to use:
    http://www.virustotal.com

You upload a suspiscious file to them via web based interface, and it will be scanned real-time by about 40 different AV programs for any malware, etc.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • seeclearseeclear Posts: 1,244
    edited September 2012
    :smile:Sorry to bump an old thread, but I had to thank kawizx9r for his suggestion in post 2. I just had this happen with my son's laptop running XP, but his solution worked just great!!! Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!

Great people on this forum!:cheesygrin:
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • cwuirmmcwuirmm Posts: 1
    edited September 2016
    You can simply solve the problem by resetting the admin password or creating a new admin account. Here is a step by step guide on how to do this: http://www.uukeys.com/reset-windows-vista-password.html
  • BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,983
    Alrighty, then! :#

• billbillwbillbillw Posts: 5,847
    edited September 2016
    Geeze. I just spent 5 minutes reading a post from 2010! Dammit. I flagged the spammer.
    Main 2-ch:
    Sony SS-M9; LSA Statement Amplifier; VPI HW-19 Mk3/Sumiko Premier FT-4/Audio Technica AT15SA; Pass Labs DIY Pearl Phono; Sony SCD-C333ES SACD Changer; TEAC UD-301 DAC; Dell/WYSE 5010 (running Daphile); Sony ST-SA5ES Tuner; Nanotec Golden Strada speaker cables (SR+#79 Shotgun); Audioquest Coral interconnects
  • msgmsg Posts: 5,561
    haha, well it is a good password reset tool to use that Kawi mentioned.
    I disabled signatures.
  • uuuuuuuh Windows 10 anyone??? ;)
  • I'm thinking about going from DOS 3.0 to DOS 3.3 on my 80286 PC so that I can install a 32.8 meg hard drive. Is it worth it ?
    Also, I'm having trouble understanding the difference between expanded memory and extended memory.
    Can anybody help me ? o:)
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 9,032
    I'm thinking about going from DOS 3.0 to DOS 3.3 on my 80286 PC so that I can install a 32.8 meg hard drive. Is it worth it ?
    Also, I'm having trouble understanding the difference between expanded memory and extended memory.
    Can anybody help me ? o:)

Jump for the 486 so you can run Doom, they invented this crazy thing called online multiplayer.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • I had a similar problem and asked for help with Google,then i got it,thank you guys,i got a lot of help from here.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,510
    You still need help.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,852
    It's Necro thread revival Friday!!!
  • I got it: https://www.winpwd.com/
    I will try it on my computer tomorrow.
  • verbverb Posts: 10,158
    edited September 2019
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Spammer

Did NOT hit that link this time! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 16,345
    verb wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Spammer

Did NOT hit that link this time! :)

You thought about it lol 😂