2»

Comments

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited June 2012
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Ray you really have a love for this...

I do.:smile:

My cases arrived today and have already been assembled. I had just enough Dynamat Xtreme to insulate both cases. Thanks.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • thejck
    thejck Posts: 849
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the write up.
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited July 2012
    Wow, I missed this thread when all the action was going down. Right now I'm doing my CRS+'s, so I'm going to be all over these inductors. Thanks DK for all the legwork, it's so beneficial to us followers who are experiencing great benefit from your research!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • nspindel
    edited July 2012
    Can I just confirm that the CRS+ parts are good to go without touching the windings? Just swap out old for new without touching them? I do not have the meter required.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • nspindel
    edited July 2012
    Just ordered six Jantzen inductors for the CRS+ project. Awesome!
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    edited July 2012
    Jantzen air core inductors are excellent for HF circuits and I've seen great success with them in horns; but DKs recommendation should be high enough.

For woofer circuits, I highly recommend their toroidal core inductors as they have extremely low DCR, very short wire lengths compared to equal inductors, and 700w RMS power handling. I'm currently running the Erse Super Q inductors in my corner horns, and will be switching to the Jantzen C-Cores as time allows.
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    edited July 2012
    Interesting because when I do my 2.3Tls it would be nice to save the originals as they are and go all new.
    You will have to take them out and measure them, or have someone else measure them. There may be an electronics supply store near you that has a meter sensitive enough for DCR measurements.
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1