Seattle Area Mini-Fest

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited April 2012
    zingo wrote: »
    Yes, that Laser Disc. :)

I would assume the receiver would have an extra digital and analog input or two.

I LOVE my laserdisc player.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2012
    Got it marked down on my calendar. Not even working that day. We'll see if I can sneak out of the house for a bit.
  • mak99
    mak99 Posts: 362
    edited May 2012
    I might be able to attend, depending on my schedule - I assume all are welcomed. Would be fun to meet some local Polkies...maybe even do some biz at the store!
    Main HT:JVC DLA-RS45135" Elite Screens fixed frame, 1.1 gainMarantz SR7007 (operating as pre-pro)Emotiva XPA-1 x3 (L+C+R), UPA-7 (surrounds)Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83Toshiba HD-XA2Panamax M5410 Pro x3Polk LSiM707s, LSiC706, 80 F/X-LS, 65-RTSeaton Sound/MCCA MFW "Turbo" + custom Dayton SA1000 sub amp (orig. AV123 MFW-15)Velodyne SMS-1I/Cs: MP 12ga/4-cond (fronts); MP 12ga (surrounds), MP HDMI (all sources), some BJC sprinkled thruoutHarmony EliteSalamander Triple 40 C/B* still need to sell older but mint gear!!
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    edited May 2012
    All are welcome and of course Daren will be open for business!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2012
    I won't be coming to the mini fest this time.. wish I could.. but these precious weekends are few and far between anymore. and just have to much on the table. someone take pics though. and post them afterwards. Have fun!

* PolkFest12 is still taking place @ Polk HQ (Baltimore, MD) this Sept., and everyone is welcome to that. If you've never been to one.. it's a fun, fun weekend.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • geoff727
    geoff727 Posts: 546
    edited May 2012
    That sucks, Al. Was hoping to see you again. Next year, hopefully.

I am hoping to have 2 guests. One, a large Infinity and vinyl aficionado. The other, good at computer audio. Both great guys.

G~
    Polk SDA SRS 2
    Polk RTA 15tl
    Polk Monitor 7C
    Polk Lsi9

Infinity RS-II (modded)
    Infinity RS-IIIa (modded)
    Infinity RS 2.5 x 2

Magnepan 1.6QR (modded)

System: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vevol&1290711373
  • zingo
    edited May 2012
    Looking for a first head count. Please sound off so Daren and I know what to expect; Geoff I already have you for 3.
  • cambir
    cambir Posts: 1,042
    edited May 2012
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    edited May 2012
    Wish I could be there. Have a great time...
  • kcoc321
    kcoc321 Posts: 1,788
    edited May 2012
    oppps, missed the head count note... me in, as of right now :)
  • mak99
    edited May 2012
    I plan on attending, schedule permitting...
    Main HT:JVC DLA-RS45135" Elite Screens fixed frame, 1.1 gainMarantz SR7007 (operating as pre-pro)Emotiva XPA-1 x3 (L+C+R), UPA-7 (surrounds)Oppo BDP-103D/BDP-83Toshiba HD-XA2Panamax M5410 Pro x3Polk LSiM707s, LSiC706, 80 F/X-LS, 65-RTSeaton Sound/MCCA MFW "Turbo" + custom Dayton SA1000 sub amp (orig. AV123 MFW-15)Velodyne SMS-1I/Cs: MP 12ga/4-cond (fronts); MP 12ga (surrounds), MP HDMI (all sources), some BJC sprinkled thruoutHarmony EliteSalamander Triple 40 C/B* still need to sell older but mint gear!!
  • zingo
    edited May 2012
    It looks like we are running about 9 Polkies right now, and Daren thought he might have a friend or two.

Anyone else going to join us on Sunday?
  • danger boy
    edited May 2012
    have a great time guys!
  • zingo
    edited May 2012
    See you guys tomorrow!
  • kcoc321
    edited May 2012
  • cambir
    edited May 2012
    cambir wrote: »
    I'm in

Maybe...not sure I'll be able to make it, but I'm going to try to stop by.
  • kcoc321
    edited May 2012
    Got some good news (bad news for the GTG)
    A seat opened up at my nieces graduation ceremony, so my schedule is in 'flux'.
    Will try and stop by after or before, if I have time :)

Have fun with those Infinities.....
  • mak99
    edited May 2012
    Just a quick note to say my first local Polk meet was quite enjoyable - thanks to those that were also there! I met some really nice people (wish I wrote down everyone's name), got to talk a little shop, got to see an Infinity driver get dissected by Geoff, and did a little shopping at Darren's great store...fantastic vinyl selection, BTW.

I'm trying to be more active in this great hobby (time always seems to be in short supply) and meet more fellow AV enthusiasts. Maybe after we get thru a great summer here in the Seattle area (who wants to be indoors!), there could be a GTG in the Fall where people could bring gear to demo, etc.
  • geoff727
    geoff727 Posts: 546
    edited May 2012
    mak99 wrote: »
    .......there could be a GTG in the Fall where people could bring gear to demo, etc.

I have several set of speakers which have been in refurb/upgrade for several years, and I've always wanted to bring a pair to share with everyone, once they're finished. I really didn't have anything to contribute this year. Oh well. The conversation was great!

Thanks to Jake (wish you could have stayed longer) and Daren for hosting.
    Polk SDA SRS 2
    Polk RTA 15tl
    Polk Monitor 7C
    Polk Lsi9

Infinity RS-II (modded)
    Infinity RS-IIIa (modded)
    Infinity RS 2.5 x 2

Magnepan 1.6QR (modded)

System: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vevol&1290711373
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2012
    Almost made it, but it wasn't meant to be. Hope you fellas had fun.
  • zingo
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for everyone who came, and sorry I couldn't stay longer. It's always fun looking for an excuse to get together and chat with nice people about audio.
  • danger boy
    edited May 2012
    i'd be interested in a fall get together if anyone else wants to try then...
  • kcoc321
    edited May 2012
    geoff727 wrote: »
    I have several set of speakers which have been in refurb/upgrade for several years, and I've always wanted to bring a pair to share with everyone, once they're finished. I really didn't have anything to contribute this year. Oh well. The conversation was great! Thanks to Jake (wish you could have stayed longer) and Daren for hosting.
    That Sounds great (pun intended..haha) Geoff, I would love to hear them :)
  • mak99
    Holy crap!!

It's hard to believe it's been over eight years since this thread was active. Maybe, just maybe after COVID settles down and we get thru another banner PNW winter, a local GTG in the spring/summer could be just what the doctor ordered - besides some vaccine cocktails!

I've been slowly getting my two-channel system revamped/upgraded this year, including swapping out some Rega components for Gen 1 Emotiva gear. The LSiM705s I bought during the late 2019 Adorama sale have barely seen a couple dozen hours of use, so it's time to start doing some critical listening. I also have a pair of LSiM703s that are still factory-sealed, waiting to see the light of day.

So maybe there'll be enough interest sometime in 2021 for a long overdue GTG? Just thought I'd throw out a feeler...plus I'd throw my house into the hat for possibly hosting.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    I'm on the east side of WA but have family in the Seattle area. Nice of you to offer. I'd be up for it.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    I’m in, after the vaccine works its magic, of course.
  • cambir
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Sounds like a hoot! If I'm not working in the middle of no where I'd be in.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Sounds like a fine idea :)
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC