LSAF - Lone Star Audio Fest 2012 - May 4 - 6

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2012
    FREE Polk T's. Good music, good gear. FREE suds. Fellowship with other Polkies and friends in the industry. NO COST TO YOU. Be there. Experience it.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    edited May 2012
    2 more nights to struggle at work:cheesygrin:
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2012
    It's time guys and gals. You NEED to hear these 705's. Best of the lineup in my opinion. Headed down for setup this afternoon will take some pics and maybe roll a youtube video.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited May 2012
    Be there Saturday around noon, would love a Polk T-shirt XXXL
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2012
    They didn't send me Polk bedsheets. Same OD green as last year. I think there are some 2X in there I'll have to check. ;)
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited May 2012
    I'd be interested to hear about it if any of you guys get an ear on the Super V's in the GR Research/Dodd room.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • thsmith
    edited May 2012
    strider wrote: »
    I'd be interested to hear about it if any of you guys get an ear on the Super V's in the GR Research/Dodd room.

Definately checking the Super Vs out.
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2012
    Same here!
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited May 2012
    I'm excited, can't wait to hear the 705s! Looks like it's gonna be a great show this year.

Any of you guys doing dinner afterwards?
  • marvda1
    edited May 2012
    danny is having an after hours speaker shootout with all comers. russ, any way you can take the 705's?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2012
    It's a two-way shelf speaker shootout last I heard broham. If it's anything like the prior years we'll be demoing and bs'ing into the night anyway. I've Polkie Ron Little right next door too! That being said I'm game for whatever.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2012
    If it is bookshelf. I do have the pair of RTiA1 for Saturday raffle we can toss in the mix fo-sho if the test is Fri night.
  • marvda1
    edited May 2012
    he said book shelf or small tower.
    Puritan PSM156
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2012
    I'm fine with it either way. If they want to measure the LSiM705 in an Embassy Suites conference room, go for it. I was going with what he said on Audioroundtable, eluding to a 2-way shelf or small floorstander, if everyone wants a 4-way Polk in there, be my guest. Not sure what it will exactly show, but sure! I'd love to hear them on Dodd Audio gear!

Cheers,
    Russ
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2012
    I should be there Saturday afternoon or early evening. Looking forward to it.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2012
    Come get some fellas, quick phone pic - I'll shoot the rest with a decent camera.
  • falconcry72
    falconcry72 Posts: 3,580
    edited May 2012
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Come get some fellas, quick phone pic - I'll shoot the rest with a decent camera.

What are you using as a source?
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited May 2012
    Hmm..... time to check when the next flight out of Indy is....... :biggrin:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited May 2012
    Sweet! Will run home after work and get my cam. Russ, and whoever else that will be there, will see you all in a few..

Halen
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2012
    Unison Research Unico CDE.

http://youtu.be/HAVctTmn534

Quick video before everyone got here, will shoot more and other room later.
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited May 2012
    Wish I could hear those 705's. Looks great.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    edited May 2012
    Working tonight, so hopefully late morning Saturday will be a go.
    Russ, I'll be bringing you your KARMA item. It's been here waiting for you!
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2012
    Thanks Skipper, last year I tried to hard, multiple systems, biamping, etc. This year I wanted to keep it simple, CDP, Integrated, Speakers. Done.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2012
    LSiM 705 playing Mark Knopfler on TWELVE watts of single ended Unison Research tubes. Believe it. (Colleen brought something special)
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2012
    The setup we should have started with. Unreal. Bass from 12 watts singled ended? You betcha.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2012
    A couple members of the Houston Audio Society just gave the 705's the nod over the Legacy Whispers downstairs......

;)
  • thsmith
    edited May 2012
    Russ, thanks for hosting the Polk room and the T-shirts. My youngest son really enjoyed the 705s and the show today.

He has some R30s in his room and asked if I had some better speakers than those he could use. I think LSAF has him thinking about audio now.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited May 2012
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    A couple members of the Houston Audio Society just gave the 705's the nod over the Legacy Whispers downstairs......

;)

The Polk's and ahem Ushers... Bad ****.... I did spend some time with those among others. I am also just not a fan of arrays and adding a zillion speakers to it. The Polk's sounded amazing with that 12 watt or so tubey. Overall, enjoyed LSAF, tunes, bros and brews...
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2012
    I absolutely enjoyed the show as well. Tubes galore, spinning wax, it was almost a time warp. Except for the fact the speaker quality has improved significantly. Every room, and there were too many rooms to count, had great setups. It was audio heaven. Each speaker and setup each having its own flavor, its own signature sound. There was something for everyone. And of course the bloke from the Netherlands with a 9' tall 3.5' wide electrostatic speaker. WTH!? I asked why, and he said because I can. And that sums up why all these people are building outstanding speakers, because they can. Great job LSAF!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2012
    Well it's 1:27am. I'm packed and ready to go at 7am and in actual physical pain. I hope it was good for the FEW of the many local Polkies that took the time to show up and rep CP. I heard at least a dozen times today that we had the best room. Period.

That's enough for me. I'm done. Things are beginning to brew behind the scenes to try and turn LSAF into a profit for someone and I will not be part of that. I'm happy to go out on a high for Polk this year. Polk was hot. I heard rooms that I couldn't believe how bad they sounded in comparison.
    I've got some photos and youtube vids to process after a LONG nap tomorrow.

Whatever. Cheers.