LSAF - Lone Star Audio Fest 2012 - May 4 - 6

RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
http://lonestaraudiofest.com/

Details forthcoming, stay tuned!

Update - My good friend Chris Sommovigo will be cabling the room with Black Cat Cables. Those who attended CAF might remember him, he was right across the hall from the Polk room Mark was running - AND he's promised some goodies to raffle off to those in attendance!

Update - Talked to some more friends in the industry and Marc Phillips and Colleen Cardas (exclusive US importer of Unison Research), and they are going to provide some STELLAR back end gear for the Polk room! We shall be tubed ala Unico!

Update - Confirmation of Polk LSiM 705's being shipped down tomorrow to start break in, plus some cool raffle items and freebies! Rumor of a special guest making his 2nd appearance in Texas for the event - nothing confirmed yet, but if it goes through he'll be signing 8x10's for his fans.

More to come!

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2012
    Uh oh Russ.:eek:
    Getting close to my neck of the woods.
    I am going assless chaps shopping tomorrow!:cheesygrin:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • quadzilla
    quadzilla Posts: 1,543
    edited February 2012
    Hmmm... embassy suites again. That's 5 minutes from my house, so I don't have much excuse not to show up.
    Turntable: Empire 208
    Arm: Rega 300
    Cart: Shelter 501 III
    Phono Pre: Aural Thrills
    Digital: Pioneer DV-79ai
    Pre: Conrad Johnson ET3 SE
    Amp: Conrad Johnson Evolution 2000
    Cables: Cardas Neutral Reference
    Speakers: SDA 2.3TL, heavily modified
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited February 2012
    Russman
    Be in Dallas Thursday-Sunday keep in touch, I'll give you a hand. Will be staying at the Embassy.....

Its a good time polkies
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited February 2012
    Awesome. I missed last years, will not miss this time.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2012
    Got confirmation from Polk HQ, it's definately on. Working on getting some really special gear this year for the back end rig - FAR out of my measily budget!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited March 2012
    Kewl
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2012
    Update to initial post - Black Cat Cable will be cabling the room!

Ron, I'll be checking in Thursday and setting up. Let me know when you get in, we can knock a few back, go to the range, whatever!
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    edited March 2012
    don't drink 'em all, save a couple for us.:loneranger:
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2012
    Marvin, I'll make sure I've got some proper esoteric local brews on hand for you.
  • txcoastal1
    edited March 2012
    Marv name your poison and I load some in the ice chest...you too Skip

I will also be picking up those MD2's from Stan and also hopefully
    Melody 101.jpg
    one of these while in town

Maybe we can do a little tubular burn in

Holla at you soon Russ
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• RuSsMaN
    edited March 2012
    That's awesome Ron, we'll have to have a mini meet after and give it a go. I'm giving Colleen Cardas Imports exclusive use of Unico gear in the room for the show (as updated above).
  • txcoastal1
    edited March 2012
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    That's awesome Ron, we'll have to have a mini meet after and give it a go. I'm giving Colleen Cardas Imports exclusive use of Unico gear in the room for the show (as updated above).

Gonna be busy, picking up the tube pre and the Usher minidancer 2's , & going to try to bring up some light gear and probably bust the boxes in my room and play.....will becoming to Big D on Wednesday. Will also be around to help

Cheers

• Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,116
    edited March 2012
    Man, you guys make me homesick. I can't wait to get back home to S.A. (4-5yrs) so I can come see what all the fuss is about.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • txcoastal1
    edited March 2012
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    . I'm giving Colleen Cardas Imports exclusive use of Unico gear in the room for the show.

Googled Unico, that looks like really sweet gear and probably out of my price line....this will be exciting. Coleen sounded pretty stoked about the line

• marvda1
    edited March 2012
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2012
    Initial post updated, full speed ahead, this is going to be a GOOD one. Be there. Make it so.

As an aside, I've been talking with Wayne as we organize this grass roots show - and there is going to be a must be present to win raffle sometime Saturday afternoon, and guests will have a ballot box to vote for 'Best in Show', for their favorite room. The winner gets nothing more than to proudly wear that badge until next year.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited April 2012
    Awesome, looking forward to this..

Halen
  • txcoastal1
    edited April 2012
    Alright guys a month away the vendors list has grown and looks even better than last year

Make a showing for a good time and great sound especially for Polk and Russ

Cheers
    Ron

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited April 2012
    I'm bringing a 'newbie' with me this year. He's not new to audio, but he's new to this event. you guys be nice to him :mrgreen:
  • marvda1
    edited April 2012
    danny richie said tyler acoustics will be at the lsaf this year. can't wait.
    Puritan PSM156
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2012
    The Richie / Dodd room is going to be one to hear.

My buddy Marc Phillips did a quick write up today ->
    http://thevinylanachronist.blogspot.com/
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2012
    That would be cool, I actually have always wanted to do a formal side by side with the RT7's.
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited April 2012
    Russman, interested in your thoughts on the 707's vs 705's once you get them.

Thanks
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2012
    The 705's are here, but they are getting nothing but break-in until the show. I doubt I will listen critically until I have them at the show, and on some gear they deserve. That being said, I will post my honest thoughts on them for what it's worth.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited April 2012
    Can you recommend a nice amp for the 705's? Looking for some different for mine.
  • marvda1
    edited April 2012
    here is a list of the rooms at the lsaf.
    http://lonestaraudiofest.com/exhibitors.html
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    edited April 2012
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    edited April 2012
    088.jpg
    089.jpg
    095.jpg
    179.jpg
    190.jpg
    some past pictures i had laying around.
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    edited April 2012
    just about time, can't wait:razz:
    Puritan PSM156
  • txcoastal1
    edited April 2012
    Going to tweek a few things at the new NewBraunfels Buc-ee's before grand opening and heading to Dallas Wed. to chillax at LSAF till Sunday can't wait either

Cheers TX Polksters see ya soon