C'mon F1nut, Pull the Trigger...

Options
teekay0007
teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
edited April 2012 in The Clubhouse
Let's have that 25,000th post!!!!!!!! :cool:

That's like over six posts per day over a more than 10-year span! Youza!!

You've been hangin' at 24,999 all day and I want to remember just what it was I was doin' when the big one hit. :cheesygrin:

All crap aside..."Thanks!" for all your input here - educational, enlightening and at times, very entertaining!

Congratulations...Hats off to you!!!!!
Post edited by teekay0007 on

Comments

• brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited April 2012
    Options
    F1 should start with a new name and leave it hang there at 24,999
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited April 2012
    Options
    It's not dark yet--give him time :cool:
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Time to break out the special bottles of Merlot.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited April 2012
    Options
    more like root beer.....
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited April 2012
    Options
    You don't have anything better to do?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,313
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Thanks, Jesse. 'Nuff said.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    edited April 2012
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Thanks, Jesse. 'Nuff said.

+ 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Thanks indeed.
    The guy is truly the class of the field here and would do anything to help you out whether you have 20 posts or 20,000.Lord knows he's done more for me than i deserve or can repay him for.
    Here's to 25,000 more posts!!!!
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • PreCd
    PreCd Posts: 786
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Jesse is a good dude and has proved that time and time again with me. Taken a lot of time out to get me headed in the right direction.
    SDA2BTL
    Marantz CD5004
    Adcom GFA-545
    Bottlehead Quickie Tube Preamp
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,259
    edited April 2012
    Options
    He hasn't made any attempts to kill me yet, so I figure that's a good start. I'll be watching, though.
    Sal Palooza
  • Oldfatdogs
    Oldfatdogs Posts: 1,874
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Good for you F1,you have helped alot of people.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hmmmmm......25,000. Not sure there's a need for a celebration, but thanks for the kind words.

I originally came here looking to buy a pair of 2.3TL's and had no intention of sticking around. What kept me coming back are all the great folks that hang out at Club Polk and all the wonderful folks at Polk Audio. It's like family here, dysfunctional as all hell, but family none the less. This truly is the best audio forum around, bar none.

Now, excuse me while I drink my merlot, eat my moldy chesse and smoke my mahagany pipe.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited April 2012
    Options
    JESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE! JESSSSSSSSSSSE! JESSSSSSSSSE! WOooooooooooooooooooo
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited April 2012
    Options
    His words carry weight that would break a less interesting man’s jaw...
  • pietro944
    pietro944 Posts: 720
    edited April 2012
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Hmmmmm......25,000. Not sure there's a need for a celebration, but thanks for the kind words.

I originally came here looking to buy a pair of 2.3TL's and had no intention of sticking around. What kept me coming back are all the great folks that hang out at Club Polk and all the wonderful folks at Polk Audio. It's like family here, dysfunctional as all hell, but family none the less. This truly is the best audio forum around, bar none.

Now, excuse me while I drink my merlot, eat my moldy chesse and smoke my mahagany pipe.

.....a glass of wine......a piece of cheese........and thou(no homo).....Congrats!
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited April 2012
    Options

Agree! I first came on this forum to ask a question about the RT1000p back in the day when they used the old style forum. I had no idea I was gonna get hooked:smile:.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited April 2012
    Options
    And there it is, folks, POST #25,000 by F1nut laid out in a thread started by ME! :cool: I feel quite honored....:redface:

Was it a coincidence that while that was being done, I was enjoying a glass of 18-year old Macallan and Yo-Yo Ma (Plays Ennio Morricone) - a favorite disc of mine - on my SDA 2Bs? I think not! :smile:

Again, Congratulations F1! And "Thank You" so much, from the shiny newbs, to us relative newbs and the more experienced ones, all the way up to your fellow forum-anchoring peers here. Your posts have led to a lot of our friends and families thinking we know much more about good audio than we really do. :biggrin:
  • David R
    David R Posts: 134
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Congrats F1. I would have liked to demo the LSIM's. Not sure what I will do.
    Panasonic 65" Plasma - Panasonic Blu-ray. Onkyo TX-NR809 RTi A7s fronts - MK CS150s surronds.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the help you have given me and all others at Club Polk Jesse. If I could throw a root beer that far you would be drinking it right now.:wink:

Greg
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Ern Dog
    Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Cheers to you F1nut!
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited April 2012
    Options
    holy shh thats lot of one liners
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,928
    edited April 2012
    Options
    25,000!

A touch of class ... a careful measure of humor ... some wise words from time to time ... and a decidedly grumpy attitude on occasion ... can go a very, very long way!

That's twenty-five thousand! Two, five, oh, oh, oh!

Congratulations!

P.S. and he's not even a post ****, which says a lot compared to some!
    Alea jacta est!
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited April 2012
    Options
    holy shh thats lot of one liners
    :cheesygrin:

Sorry, forgot to include in my post.

Happy 25,000 F1nut! This man has been with us since the beginning. Contributed a lot to the forum and went out of his way to help others. Cheers!
  • DMara
    DMara Posts: 1,434
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Thank you, and congrats, Mr. F1nut :smile:
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I guess congrats are in order, but I also need to remind Jessie that he still owes me a computor monitor or 2, from all that coffee that he's made me spew out all over 'em throughout the years. Good people he his.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The big 25,000 !!! Awesome bro. As my other brothers have said, thanks and congrats man.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Congrats F1nut.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Jesse came into my life as (and home) as the guy I'd met over the internet. Took his time to help out a complete stranger get his newly acquired 2B's sorted out. That was 5 1/2 years ago. He's still in my basement.

Thanks Jesse!
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited April 2012
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    His words carry weight that would break a less interesting man’s jaw...

+1.

He doesn't always listen to music, but when he does he "prefers" SDAs! (please continue....)

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    edited April 2012
    Options

Your more than welcome, IMO your one of a small group here who's words actually carry weight and are worth listening to.

Same here, I came here looking for an original MW 6511 for my 1C's and that was it. Look at where I'm at now over 2 years in and more than a couple grand further down the rabbit hole and a whole lot more involved and invested in this addiction then I ever intended to get. BTW: If I start talking tubes would somebody anybody please come put me down.

The real question is ... What's in that pipe ?
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain