Hmmm, Yankee and a Texan. Dumb and dumber. :D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    you have an excuse... you're from texas... :p
    damn yankee instigators...
    look what you turned this thread into!!:)
    as far as your theory goes, let me assure you that texas has a lot less air pollution than your northern states
    God bless the Gulf of Mexico and its wind:D
    and im going to be the bigger man here and stop posting about south vs north
    why?
    heres some advice:
    Never argue with idiots(or yankees), they drag you down to there level, then beat you with experience
    j/k:D
    i just had to fit that in some how...
    -Cody(southern by the grace of God)
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2004
    Options
    hehe :D

hey, what can i say, i like to argue

so, before the minor diversion, we'd established... um.. let me approximate (carry the two... add pi squared...)

...nothing

i've actually ended up more confused than i started, cause now i have more brands and more conflicting advice than before. so. where do we go from here? is there a possibility of a consensus, or is it like marriage, and everyone defends their pet brands till death do they part? or perhaps a soap opera, where everyone has a relationship with their pet brands, but with a secret relationship with their brands' brothers in secret?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2004
    Options
    few points...

1) we won the war ... yankees 1, confederates none

2) "Leeko Leeko Leeko! I'm a squeaky guy, I've got squeaky pants, watch me do my squeaky pants dance!"
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2004
    Options
    1) booyah, haha!

2) wtf??

3) yeah, how bout i managed to burst a coolant hose today. good times right there, especially when i found out that some idiot had put windshield washer fluid in the coolant tank. if this doesnt sound very bad to you, consider the following: ww fluid boils at 181 degrees Farenheit. the average engine's operating temperature is 215-250. boiling fluids in enclosed pipes cant be a good thing. so, i had to get the whole system flushed, which costs more than one might think. oh well.

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    some idiot had put windshield washer fluid in the coolant tank.
    was it a northerner?
    sorry, couldnt help it
    as for all the brand choices...
    for tires, at least, its pretty easy
    just get 4 different ones and you can have the best of all worlds...lol
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2004
    Options
    yeah, damn northerners can't tell which stuff goes in which hole... wait... im from the north too...

so, lets see. a 38 incher left front, a 13 inch drag radial on the left rear, one of the new bfg assurance passenger tires on the right front, and perhaps the blizzak on the right rear. so, i have mad offroad traction, crazy acceleration, comfort and low noise, and good snow traction for when it gets nasty out.

sound good?

or maybe i'll just buy 4 huge tractor tires and shave them down like monster truck guys do, and run on those. that's probably my best option. and, it's a convertible to boot, so i can run over your puny **** and feel the wind in my hair all at the same time!! w00t!!

• exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    so, lets see. a 38 incher left front, a 13 inch drag radial on the left rear, one of the new bfg assurance passenger tires on the right front, and perhaps the blizzak on the right rear. so, i have mad offroad traction, crazy acceleration, comfort and low noise, and good snow traction for when it gets nasty out.
    that would be perfect!:D
    if it makes you feel better, the person who had my truck before i bought it put water in the radiator, not that its horrible, but now its forever doomed to have all this orange/red goo in it b/c im too lazy to flush it out
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2004
    Options
    yeah, that makes it sting a little less :p.

all i need for my perfect setup is some spinner dubs and it'll be beyond words

• exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    they even have "clip on" spinners now...save you a lot of money:D
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2004
    Options
    oh, man, you just made my day :D that makes me so happy it's beyond mortal comprehension...

i don't remember where i got this link , but if you haven't seen it, you've gotta check it out. this is quite possibly the most embarrassing/amusing thing i've ever seen.

• exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    are they for real?
    lol
    those are nots 20s on that eclipse
    i want to cry...thats hilarious
    -Cody
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Wow, that was a waste of a good 20 minutes. Made me laugh though. I can't imagine how those guys can seriously see themselves this way. I love how they retouched their picture to add the sparkles on their necklaces, watches, and rings. They have all this dough they don't know what to do with, but they end up with a free server supported by popups? Then they ADMIT that one of the dudes got beat up with a SHOPPING CART? What the freak??? Honestly, some kind of psychological problem. Then they dare say "Here we go fool, you ready? This is the ICS tour bus which is the tightest thing you have eva seen, and dont front like ya have Da bus rolls on 24 inch BBS momos under yokohama tires" This, being immediately under the picture obviously showing stock 16"-17" wheels...unreal...*shakes head*

Oh, yeah ice didn't do much to his ranger cause he spends it all on da hoez. Flame isn't into all the sound stuff cause he spends it all on speed. But of course, they make millions. They just Choose not to spend any money on their cars and instead drive stock (except the wheels) cars any normal high school kid would have. Oh yeah, that's right, the 16 year old kid spends all his money on gambling. Where? Unbelievable... It's kinda fun to make fun of them though. *Pokes another hole in their logic and smiles*
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • AustinKP
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Ok sorry, just one more thing. This whole page has been off-topic anyway.

I don't know about you guys, but I had nothing better to do so I read the whole page. They were talking about how they had to have some funky name for their website since all the other ones were taken by people who wanted to be just like them. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I thought that maybe a good site would be something like www.icyhotstuntaz.com ... yeah, I know a far stretch. Anyone care to guess what is at that site? Anyone? You guessed it...NOTHING. It's only the MOST logical name for their site, and it's not even taken. Besides being pathological liars, they are completely delusional! Stunning...

Sorry about the ramblings. It's late. Or maybe I'm just one of those "Hataz" :)

-Austin

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • AustinKP
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Ok, last one tonight for real:

When talking about their Firebird, I quote, "when we roll it out to the races we can smoke nearly anything, Vipers, Rustangs, Crapmaros, and list goes on." Evidently, he now has "twin greddy turbo's with 150 shot of NOS." Now, let me know if i'm way off base here, but it sure looks to me like a V6 Firebird. It's not even a Trans Am or a Formula. Brand new, that's a ~$18,000 car. Now I'm not a professional racer or anything, but I can probably guess what would happen putting a 150 shot of NOS and TWIN TURBOS (altogether, around $10k) on a stock V6 motor without at least another $10,000 worth of internal modifications. (Which still, incidentally, wouldn't beat a Viper) He's also getting 24's for his Eclipse as well. That's going to happen right after he cuts out the wheel wells of course.

Then, it would appear that the kid obviously has acne. But no, "Stop hatin, he aint got no type of pimplez suckaz. He said the lens had dust on it and he sometimes he attracts mosquitos dat be bitin, chumps...All the girls be rubbin us up and down so stop sending us oxy pictures and soap." Now which is it? A dusty lens, or the mosquitos? Oh, well if he said it had dust... If he can blow $20,000 on his car in a week, couldn't he spend a couple hundred on a new camera that doesn't have a dusty lens? Maybe he just didn't think of that though. Otherwise, what, does he just let those mosquitos suck on his face??? I guess he's really not that smart...he *still* hasn't gotten his GED. But he's a millionaire though.

Ok, that's enough out of me for tonight anyway. Sorry for the long posts, but DANG, this is so much fun :D

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2004
    Options
    thought you would like it :D
    sad part is, i think they're completely serious. either that, or it's a giant april fool's joke that's gone on for way way too long

• Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited April 2004
    Options
    It WAS serious. The original group does not do that site, they took the original one down because it was being made fun of so much.

That was a couple years ago ;)
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2004
    Options
    hehe... so they're actually a real group, with guys like that? jeez...

• Keske944
    Keske944 Posts: 134
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Ok dude... This is simple... (at leat in my opinion)

Wheels... Go with BBS they keep that European Flare to your car and not many people actally have the good taste (or the money) to go buy them.

Tires... None on your list. Go with Michelin. I currently have the Pilot Sport A/S on my Porsche and they are sticky and surefooted. I live in the midwest and they are (as far as i know) the only all season directional sport tire. Not to mention a treadware rating of 400... Beat that. Also at leat years 24 hours of Le Mans The winning car in every class was wearing Michelin tires.... that says something.

Airflow.... Easy K&N and Borla

Brakes... Brembo Hands down the best there is

Suspension... Knoi affordable and reliable (plus adjustable)

Enjoy your ride
    Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Keske944
    (at leat in my opinion)

Exactly. :)

Hard to go wrong with BBS but the rest...
    Airflow.... Easy K&N and Borla

Most likely not. Borla to me spells d-o-m-e-s-t-i-c and the intakes and exhaust systems aren't universal. Find something specifically designed for SAAB.
    Brakes... Brembo Hands down the best there is

Hardly. Brembos aren't bad but there are brakes that are just as good or better. Also you need to be careful of which calibers you choose as they come in many different sizes.
    Suspension... Knoi affordable and reliable (plus adjustable)

If affordable is the key then maybe but if you want something good, Ohlins is the way to go. Swedish company like SAAB but I think Yamaha owns them now and the suspension parts are made in Japan I believe.

http://www.ohlins.com/
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2004
    Options
    i'll agree w/ bbs, but damn are they expensive. at today's exchange rates, they go from $1154 on down.

hmm... i'll agree with the saab-specific advice.

whose brakes are better than brembo's?

as of now, affordable is definately not the key. except recently, when i had to make an emergency purchase of a wheel from saab before the dented one exploded on me. actually, it was pretty cheap, for a wheel - less than $300 for wheel, tire transfer, balance, disposal, and a free car wash.

as ohlins does not have a saab kit, i will stick with my plan for eibach, which does.

it just occurred to me how long it's going to take to get all the stuff i want. damn...

• exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    wow, i have tires on my truck that one in the Le Mans!
    heh...
    do you know what this means?
    my driving habits are directly related to my tires...
    i mean, if they can do it in a corvette, then my 3/4 ton truck should have no problem
    -Cody
  • Sami
    edited April 2004
    Options
    whose brakes are better than brembo's?

Alcon for one, http://www.alcon.co.uk/frameset.asp . Better calibers and better discs.

I'm thinking of getting their F-type calibers front, B-type in the rear. 355mm and 330mm discs. Of course you have to remember these are race calibers and not really intended on a street car.

http://www.sarlinraceteam.fi/service/tuotteet/alcon/fsatula.html

http://www.sarlinraceteam.fi/service/tuotteet/alcon/bsatula.html
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by exalted512
    wow, i have tires on my truck that one in the Le Mans!
    heh...
    do you know what this means?
    my driving habits are directly related to my tires...
    i mean, if they can do it in a corvette, then my 3/4 ton truck should have no problem
    -Cody
    huh? can you repeat this in english?

sami - i wouldnt put race calipers on a street car, not unless they were rally calipers. there's no gravel or dirt on a racetrack, so they leave protection against those things out on race calipers. i mean, you could, but you'd drastically decrease the life of the caliper. IMO. rally calipers, tho, would be sweet.

oh, and i learned this a couple days ago. apparently, if you have drilled or slotted rotors, they have to be replaced when the pads are because they can't be ground level again. that could get expensive fast, especially if you use race-quality pads. or maybe the guy i talked to is retarded and you don't need to grind the discs when you replace the pads. anyone know?

• Sami
    edited April 2004
    Options
    sami - i wouldnt put race calipers on a street car, not unless they were rally calipers. there's no gravel or dirt on a racetrack, so they leave protection against those things out on race calipers. i mean, you could, but you'd drastically decrease the life of the caliper. IMO. rally calipers, tho, would be sweet.

Where did you get this info? What is missing from the race calibers? The reason why you wouldn't want race calibers on a street car is because they tend to not function well before they warm up. That and if you're removing ABS like I will, when they do function it will be very effective. Overkill for a street car but you have to remember deceleration is as important as accelleration. That makes braking power as important as horsepower. How far you want to go depends on what you're after.
    oh, and i learned this a couple days ago. apparently, if you have drilled or slotted rotors, they have to be replaced when the pads are because they can't be ground level again. that could get expensive fast, especially if you use race-quality pads. or maybe the guy i talked to is retarded and you don't need to grind the discs when you replace the pads. anyone know?

Interesting. He didn't happen to tell you this on Apr.1? :D
  • exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    huh? can you repeat this in english?
    dont mind my incoherent ramblings...
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2004
    Options
    dont mind my incoherent ramblings...
    -Cody
    okay
    Originally posted by Sami
    Where did you get this info? What is missing from the race calibers? The reason why you wouldn't want race calibers on a street car is because they tend to not function well before they warm up. That and if you're removing ABS like I will, when they do function it will be very effective. Overkill for a street car but you have to remember deceleration is as important as accelleration. That makes braking power as important as horsepower. How far you want to go depends on what you're after.

"All Alcon road car calipers feature secondary dirt exclusion wiper seals to maximise the life of bores and pistons..."
    I'm assuming, perhaps wrongly, that this means their race calipers do not have these seals. maybe i jumped to an improper conclusion, in which case i apologize.

why wouldn't the calipers function well before warm-up? i understand that this is true for race pads, but i was not aware that it was true for calipers as well.

and i agree, deceleration is just as important as acceleration, if not more so. since you are going to be deactivating the abs (i don't know why you would do this, but it's your car) the issue of tire traction does not enter the argument.
    Originally posted by Sami
    Interesting. He didn't happen to tell you this on Apr.1?
    Nope, i actually had a long, involved discussion with the tech about it. the only way i can see him being right is if the irregularities on a disc must be removed when a new pad is put on, AND these irregularities are removed with some sort of drill-bit that could become trapped in the grooves or holes of a drilled/slotted rotor.

• exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    dude, what you need to get is drum brakes...they have amazing stopping power...
    j/k
    and who needs to decelerate?
    its overrated
    and neo, youre saying that everytime your pads wear down if youre running slotted/drilled rotors, then you have to replace the rotors as well????
    ive never heard of that
    and i was thinking about upgrading to those on my new truck
    if thats true, then fahq that, ill stick to stock:D
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2004
    Options
    dude, what you need to get is drum brakes...they have amazing stopping power...
    oh, man, throw drums all the way around on the perfect tire setup i concocted earlier, clip on my new spinners, and i'll be rockin the block and givin hataz the ballz

and neo, youre saying that everytime your pads wear down if youre running slotted/drilled rotors, then you have to replace the rotors as well????
    ive never heard of that
    and i was thinking about upgrading to those on my new truck
    if thats true, then fahq that, ill stick to stock:D
    -Cody

yeah, according to this tech i talked to. i'm gonna have to ask around on this one, if no one here knows for sure.

• exalted512
    edited April 2004
    Options
    i think he gave you a load of crap, ive never heard that before, but i dont really know jack **** about that, so yeah
    i had a 74 Jeep CJ for a while
    drums all the way around
    it would stop on a dime, if the dime was the size of a drag strip...
    -Cody