Nickelback, lol...

Demiurge
Demiurge Posts: 10,874
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
It's amazing how two hit Nickelback songs sound almost exactly the same structurally when you listen to them at the same time. I can't believe all the drones that listen to this crap.

Download It Here - Nickel Back - How You Remind Me Of Someday MP3
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    edited April 2004
    Ah, Demi...

I personally like Nickelback's new cd, not to fond of the older one...

I usually dont analyze(sp) music, I just sit back and enjoy. If I sat back and thought about a song, I might get a headache.

You think to much......relax ;)

- Sid the Kid

Hehe, they do sound similar. Still pretty good songs if you ask me. But, then again I am one of those 'drones'.

Also, I agree with Russ - good jam to music!

To hear a band that sounds EXACTLY like em...

Theory Of a Deadman - but still kinda enjoyable
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2004
    I don't hear it. Sure there are some similarities, but what group DOESN'T have that, to some degree.

We know if it's anything mainstream, it won't pass for music according to "Indy Rock Dude Demi". ;)

Did Liz Phair loose her indy cred with her latest 'mainstream' release? Just curious.

Nickleback is boss, imo. Nothing groundbreaking, but good stuff to jam to nevertheless.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited April 2004
    Liz Phair lost her edge when she released "White Chocolate Space Egg"....what garbage. The new cd is much better, and is more along the lines of her old sound and style.

Nickleback is average IMO....no new ground here, just catchy riffs with a lost in the 80's lead singer.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Demiurge
    edited April 2004
    It's meant to be funny, that's all. :p

<3
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2004
    That was really weird...I started to have a seizure listening to that :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2004
    You didn't forget your helmet again today, did you?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Demiurge
    edited April 2004
    Franks & Beans.....
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by Demiurge
    It's meant to be funny, that's all. :p

<3

It's not really funny to all those that you just called drones.

Aside from that, Nickelback may not be some people's favorite but they do sell albums. Alot more than thier critics sell too.

Nickelback is one of those heavy-foot, deaf-metal bands. Everytime I listen to them, I get a heavy foot on the gas pedal and go deaf listening too loudly!

Aside from all of that, whomever the guy (or girl) is who masters thier recordings, the dude knows what they are doing. Very clean and clear recordings. Sometimes I listen just for the sheer pleasure of the quality of the recording.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Demiurge
    edited April 2004
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited April 2004
    I agree with Doro...Nuttun to see here folks...lets just move along.
    Life without music would
  • Jstas
    edited April 2004
    DRONE!

Pfft! Punk!

• Demiurge
    edited April 2004
  • Jstas
    edited April 2004
    Grinning like an idiot, I see.

• Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited April 2004
    They do sound quite similar.

I'm not going to comment on the drones, as I listen to Linkin Park ;) hahahaha
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • TechChallenged
    TechChallenged Posts: 106
    edited April 2004
    I tried and failed at enjoying Nickleback. I cants seem to get beyond the Daddy make me a rock star impression. They seemed to come from nowhere with a Music Release promotion that rivaled the Beetles.
  • Demiurge
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by Jstas
    Grinning like an idiot, I see.

:D
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited April 2004
    Nothing wrong with Nickelback....sounds like this punk has nothing better to do.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Demiurge
    edited April 2004
    Originally posted by mantis
    Nothing wrong with Nickelback....sounds like this punk has nothing better to do.

No...sounds like Nickelback is repetitive drone music, IMO. Glad you like it. I guess i've got a savvier pallete in regards to music.

Don't get all pissy because I don't like a band you like! It's not like I give a crap if you like it.

Lighten up.

Or is this 'The Polk of Our Lives' forum once again? Cut the drama...:rolleyes:
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited April 2004
    Your the one causing Drama dude......let it rest.

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Jstas
    edited April 2004
    No...sounds like Nickelback is repetitive drone music, IMO. Glad you like it. I guess i've got a savvier pallete in regards to music.

Don't get all pissy because I don't like a band you like! It's not like I give a crap if you like it.

Lighten up.

Or is this 'The Polk of Our Lives' forum once again? Cut the drama...:rolleyes:

It's got nothing to do with what band you like, it's got everything to do with the arrogance and pompousness with which you are conducting yourself with in this thread. Sorry the rest of us aren't as good as you are. Can we aspire to be just like you in our future endeavors?

• Demiurge
    edited April 2004
    It's got nothing to do with what band you like, it's got everything to do with the arrogance and pompousness with which you are conducting yourself with in this thread. Sorry the rest of us aren't as good as you are. Can we aspire to be just like you in our future endeavors?

Pull your head out of your **** Jstas. You're only offended because someone is digging on a band you like. If you didn't comment with your dickheadish replies this thread would have been for the amusement it was meant to be....a band that has incredibly similar songs album after album. Get over it. It's a fact.

I even said this in my 2nd post:

It's meant to be funny, that's all.

You're the one getting your panties in a wad.

Christ...even the 15 year old could figure it out. Nothing can go without an argument around here or something getting bent out of shape. Grow up!

:cool:
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2004
    Milli Vanilli is the best musical group ever :D
  • Jstas
    edited April 2004
    Pull your head out of your **** Jstas. You're only offended because someone is digging on a band you like. If you didn't comment with your dickheadish replies this thread would have been for the amusement it was meant to be....a band that has incredibly similar songs album after album. Get over it. It's a fact.

I even said this in my 2nd post:

It's meant to be funny, that's all.

You're the one getting your panties in a wad.

Christ...even the 15 year old could figure it out. Nothing can go without an argument around here or something getting bent out of shape. Grow up!

:cool:

All I did was point out where your posts would have been upsetting to others.

Then you called me a "DRONE" so you were the first one to throw a punch. Your creating a straw man here too because you are building up an argument against me in which you are fabricating what YOU think is happening just to bust me down and ruin any credibility I might have in the argument. So what if I like Nickleback? So what if you don't? You're pretty arrogant in assuming that your opinion matters to me at all. My first post merely pointed out where your choice of words went awry and may cause bad feelings resulting in a disagreement. Like mantis already said, you're the one bringing the drama bro.

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited April 2004
    Get over it. It's a fact.
    LOL....>Demi still preaching his opinion to be fact........apparently his stupidity still reigns supreme....
    ....it's got everything to do with the arrogance and pompousness with which you are conducting yourself with in this thread. Sorry the rest of us aren't as good as you are. Can we aspire to be just like you in our future endeavors?
    This sounds a LOT like what I've said in past arguements to a few people here....

All in all, this thread is turning into a Deja Vu thread for me... :D
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Demiurge
    edited April 2004
    lol, this thread is gold.

can we get a sticky?

I should start a thread about why I dislike swiss cheese and see how big of a fight can get started there. some of ya'll have way too much time on your hands.
  • Jstas
    edited April 2004
    He just doesn't get it.

I'm regretting wasting my time.

• brettw22
    edited April 2004
    Demi's technique is a 'shoot and run' approach. He can't handle when people don't praise his thoughts and will laugh at people when they disagree. It's just his special way of showing what a **** he is.......(he does it well, doesn't he?)
  • brettw22
    edited April 2004
  • brettw22
    edited April 2004
    Did you see me use the F word? :p