Gears of War 3

Demiurge
Demiurge Posts: 10,874
edited November 2011 in Video Games
Is there anyone who wants to do the 50 waves of Horde mode together? I think there's room for for 5 people, but it will take a while. I'd just like to get a group of people who are competent and won't bail.

I got to wave 37 with my team last night on normal difficulty, but 2 guys left at wave 30, which is a boss phase. I myself chose to bail when my girlfriend got home for dinner because we weren't going to get past the 50th with 3 guys.

It's a lot of fun, especially if you have good teamwork.

If anyone is up for it, my gamer tag is xDemiurge. Let's pick a date and time. afro.png
Post edited by Demiurge on

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited September 2011
    Let me know when you usually play. I went to 50 on GoW2 close to 20 times on a lot of the maps.
    Fun doesn't even begin to describe it. Nothing beats a solid team of dedicated people. That is why i only did it with friends as oppose to putting a random team together in the lobby.

Haven't turned on the game yet but she's calling my name for Friday night!
    I think i still have you in the friends list from COD-BO. If not, my gamertag is MrBiron. Real original i know!!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2011
    Yep, you're still on my list.

I'd be down any time Friday evening or over the weekend. I don't think we have any plans other than dinner at 6 on Saturday night, so you give me the day and time and we'll give it a whirl.

I'll probably play through some more tonight in order to level up and unlock more of the upgrades.

Anyone else want to get in on this? The game is fun as hell.
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited September 2011
    If I'm on and not playing with people, I'm down. Got a little time in on Horde 2.0 last night, and it was a blast!
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited September 2011
    I'm in, got to Wave 40 last night and the team I played with just quit. Give me the time and date. Gears 3 is awesome.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2011
    I plan on getting down tonight at 9PM central.
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited September 2011
    You guys are going to make me buy this, aren't you?
  • mrbiron
    edited September 2011
    9 Central eh........10est.........
    Alright, i think i can manage this. I just have to paint a couple of walls to hit my daily chore quota to make the mrs. happy. I'm going to tell ya, i haven't played any gears of war in about a year so it may take some time getting used to the new Horde Layout/Maps.

Zero,
    Man Up! :tongue:
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2011
    I'll probably be on earlier, just trying to throw a time out.

I hadn't played Gear of War since the first one, which I hardly played, but I have picked it up fairly well.

This is the most complete game I have played in a while. It's just not missing anything in my mind.

Zero, you should just go buy this game tonight.
  • mrbiron
    edited September 2011
    GoW2 was definitely a great game, for me at least. And horde mode is where i lived. (beat level 50 on insane a few times)
    I absolutely crushed that game. Here's to hoping this one doesn't ruin it for me with turrets and mech suites.

t-minus 10 hours and counting. I hate when i get a new game on a Tuesday afternoon and then don't play it until Friday night!
    It's going to get worse when my copies of Rage and Battlefield 3 show up. By the time i get around to them, i'll have to dust'em off.
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, there are too many games coming in a short period of time that I want to play.

I'm skipping Rage, but:

Batman: Arkham City
    Battlefield 3
    MW3
    Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations

All 5 will be here before the end of November and there are others that look interesting as well...
  • kuntasensei
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, I'm in a similar situation. Still playing Gears 3, Deus Ex, Alice: Madness Returns and The Gunstringer... and have Rage, Battlefield 3, Batman: Arkham City and Modern Warfare 3 coming up. I'll get to it all eventually. Heh...

Seriously, you're passing on Rage, Demi? A 3-disc 21gb FPS with NO repeating textures, a 15+ hour campaign, 2-player co-op missions and car-combat multiplayer? That game is seriously looking like game of the year material!
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • mrbiron
    edited September 2011
    YEAH!...WTH Demi
    You're going to buy Assassins Creed -Repetition.....hehe
    before you buy Rage.

I'm going to try my hardest not to pick up beer on the way home. I really want to have a clear state of mind while playing GoW3 for the first time.
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2011
    I guess I left out the 'for now' on that comment about Rage. I buy lots of games used.

There has been hype for games this year that have really disappointed. iD and Bethesda usually don't disappoint, but it can happen.
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited September 2011
    I just sold my old 360, PS3 and a bunch of games for the GoW3 Limited Edition Xbox 360! Oh yeah! I am so pumped to finally have this game! It brings me back to the multiplayer of Quake II. It's good well-engineered mayhem.
  • Sherardp
    edited September 2011
    I've been on Gears every day this week, and have yet to catch up with any of you guys. Come on let's get some Horde gents. Been looking for you Demi, but I always miss you by 10 or 20s mins.

• mrbiron
    edited September 2011
    Sorry fellas for bailing last night. I started with only wanting to paint one room to using 3 gallons of paint and painting 3 rooms. I was on a roll <-- no pun intended.:wink:

At least that frees up some of my time......I'm going to try to jump on at random intervals today if possible. Although i have cabinets coming and a guy to drink beer with makes this a little more difficult.
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2011
    I was on last night, but didn't catch up with anyone. I'll be on tonight around the same time. =)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited September 2011
    I'm going to pick this up , my friends list seems like everyone is playing it.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Sherardp
    edited September 2011
    Add me Mantis, R3d T43rz is my tag bro

• Demiurge
    edited September 2011
    Level 40 tonight...then got raped.
  • Sherardp
    edited September 2011
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Level 40 tonight...then got raped.

Level 41 here, but same situation.

• Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited September 2011
    Mantis, whats your Gamertag so we can add you?
  • mrbiron
    edited September 2011
    I finally said "F-it!" and put the game in last night. I played through the campaign a little and really enjoyed it with the exception of the mech suits. I honestly can't wait to put together a group of 4 and play through the campaign on Insane. Gotta beat her on normal first!

Like the first two, i probably won't ever play the competitive side of the game as i'm just not that into it. The weekend is almost here and i have 4 Acts left to go!
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited September 2011
    Gears 3 is great.

What would the time commitment be to do all 50 waves? I just got done doing 24 waves and my butt is sore.
  • mrbiron
    edited September 2011
    Anywhere from 2 - 2.5 hours.....but that was for Gears 2

I don't quite know how the horde mode works in 3........guess i'm going to have to go all the way! :twisted:
  • kuntasensei
    edited September 2011
    We picked up from 40 last night and powered through 50. When they start throwing the Brumaks at you, that is just BRUTAL!
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2011
    The bosses spawn randomly at any boss level, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50. You can get Brumaks in wave 10. You just have to focus on the rocket system on top of his head. I think the Lambent Beserkers are the worst so far, mostly because you have people who don't know how to kill them. In a way, so are the normal Beserkers, which need to be killed with fire.

Gif-laser-cat.gif
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2011
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Anywhere from 2 - 2.5 hours.....but that was for Gears 2

I don't quite know how the horde mode works in 3........guess i'm going to have to go all the way! :twisted:

You're slacking. :lol: I keep getting paired with putzes that drop out of the game. I have all my unlocks, including the Silverback, so it's just about leveling up for price reductions at this point.

Sherard, I was in a game with you, but the lag was so bad it wasn't even playable. :sad: The big drawback to your being overseas. Either we're going to have bad lag and you're going to have a great connection or vice versa.
  • mrbiron
    edited September 2011
    You're slacking. I keep getting paired with putzes that drop out of the game.
    I'll go all the way to level 49 with you and then DROP OUT!

I'm in tonight. I got my sea legs back after playing the campaign a little so i'm good to go. The Mrs wants me to take a trip with her to Rhode Island for an errand but after that, I'm all game! Lambent Pussbags are going down :twisted:
  • kuntasensei
    edited September 2011
    Demiurge wrote: »
    The bosses spawn randomly at any boss level, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50. You can get Brumaks in wave 10. You just have to focus on the rocket system on top of his head. I think the Lambent Beserkers are the worst so far, mostly because you have people who don't know how to kill them. In a way, so are the normal Beserkers, which need to be killed with fire.
    Oh, I know... but Brumaks at 40 and 50 are a NIGHTMARE. We basically kept playing 50 until the random spawn gave us drudges. :P
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp