Yamaha authorized service center technician

Options
John in Canada
John in Canada Posts: 6
edited September 2011 in Troubleshooting
Hi everyone, does anyone out there work for a Yamaha authorized service center for consumer audio products ( receivers ) or knows someone who does.

I have a Yamaha RX1100-U ( 10-15 years old ) audio AM/FM receiver and I need the Service Manual. This manual is available at no charge to authorized Yamaha service centers as a PDF downloadable file from Yamaha ( .com or .ca )

I have the Owner's Manual, but I desperately need the Service Manual.

Thanking you in advance. John in Canada :)
Post edited by John in Canada on

Comments

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited September 2006
    Options
    If you want to buy a service manual, one can be obtained from the Yamaha Parts Department in Buena Park, California. Their phone number is 714-522-9888.

You can also purchase a service manual from servicemanuals.net. Here is a link:

Yamaha RX1100-U Service Manual
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Humm, pretty old thread but I am trying to revive one of those vintage yamaha receiver mine is an RX-1100 and I wonder what difference their could be between the RX1100 and an RX110-U as I can't find any info on the RX1100.

Yet, yesterday evening I opened the receiver and checked the relay board and there seemed to be a burned solder joint so hopefully it could be a quick fix. However, I don't have either the user or the service manual for it and this is definitely some that can be usefull. While this receiver is only stereo (not an AVR) it is a physical tank! When I compare the quality buit of my newer HTR-6080 AVR there is no comparision in the quality of built (even if I find the HTR6080 well builted).

The use of this stereo receiver is for simple music and the odd TV/movie watching (CRT technology) in the upstairs living room (which is not the main room) and I feel that this older receiver should be more than sufficient for the task in that specific area. If anyone can provide me some manual info on this baby, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
    TK
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • sTiLlLeArNiNg
    sTiLlLeArNiNg Posts: 805
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hey TK try and give Robert a shout here http://www.all-electronics.com/html/contact.html He's a great guy and should be able to help you. Bonne chance :)
    Media Room 7.1
    Sharp lc37d64u | Sanus vmsab-03 | Sonax ZX8680 | Yamaha htr-6290b | Emotiva xpa1 x 2 & xpa5 | RTiA 9 & 7 | CSiA 6 | FXiA 6 | Sanus NF30B-03 | Velodyne dls-3750r | Dual 505-3 m97xe | Monster avs2000/hts5100

HTPC
    Intel e5300 | Asus p5q DLX | LG ch08 BD | OCZ 4g reaper2 | WD 1TB | Sapphire 4890 VaporX 1g | Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 | OCZ modXtreme 700w | Antec Fusion remote MAX

A fool and his money are easily parted
    I don't drink Koolaid

Need some cable's? Just ask :)
  • TECHNOKID
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hey TK try and give Robert a shout here http://www.all-electronics.com/html/contact.html He's a great guy and should be able to help you. Bonne chance :)
    Thanks sTiLlLeArNiNg :)
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • sTiLlLeArNiNg
    edited November 2009
    Options
    TECHNOKID wrote: »
    Thanks sTiLlLeArNiNg :)

N/P TK hope you get it sorted out :)
    Media Room 7.1
    Sharp lc37d64u | Sanus vmsab-03 | Sonax ZX8680 | Yamaha htr-6290b | Emotiva xpa1 x 2 & xpa5 | RTiA 9 & 7 | CSiA 6 | FXiA 6 | Sanus NF30B-03 | Velodyne dls-3750r | Dual 505-3 m97xe | Monster avs2000/hts5100

HTPC
    Intel e5300 | Asus p5q DLX | LG ch08 BD | OCZ 4g reaper2 | WD 1TB | Sapphire 4890 VaporX 1g | Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 | OCZ modXtreme 700w | Antec Fusion remote MAX

I don't drink Koolaid

• TECHNOKID
    edited November 2009
    Options
    N/P TK hope you get it sorted out :)
    Actually, I emailed Robert and all he offered is for them to fix the receivwer for me. I actually am fixing my self and only wanted the service manuals which unfortunately will not release (commitmtent with Yamaha), he however gave me a phone number at Yamaha. This evening, I have to replace a bad transistor I spotted in the pwr supply last Friday. I'll see where this lead me... I still wouldn't mind putting my hands on service manuals for both this receiver and newer my HTR-6080.

1. Strangers never fiddled around my gear (guts) ;)

2. I always fixed my gear my self as it is just as much part of the hobby :cool:

Thanks for the help anyway :)

Cheers!
    TK
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • sTiLlLeArNiNg
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you don't ask you don't know :o Hopefully he could at least lead you in the right direction?

I wish i had the patience to troubleshoot electronic's but there is just NOT enough beer's in the fridge! :p
    Media Room 7.1

HTPC

I don't drink Koolaid

• TECHNOKID
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you don't ask you don't know :o Hopefully he could at least lead you in the right direction?

I wish i had the patience to troubleshoot electronic's but there is just NOT enough beer's in the fridge! :p
    I gave me Yamaha's 1800 line wich is cool. That way I'll potentially be able to order the schematics. Without schematics, it is like a blind men trying to cross a busy intersection without any harm. I use to have my own repair shop and getting someone else to fix my gear is somewhat against my ego. Aging and the diminishing skills that goes along with it is also an ego buster (I need magnifier to see the component cct traces now), what a shame :o
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • TECHNOKID
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you want to buy a service manual, one can be obtained from the Yamaha Parts Department in Buena Park, California. Their phone number is 714-522-9888.

You can also purchase a service manual from servicemanuals.net. Here is a link:

Yamaha RX1100-U Service Manual
    servicemanuals.net does not seem to exist any longer, any other ressources available to purchase user manuals?
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ^^^^ reported ^^^^
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited September 2011
    Options
    decal wrote: »
    ^^^^ reported ^^^^

:confused:
  • TECHNOKID
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dave, the reported post must have been deleted...
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited September 2011
    Options
    pretty sure if you try hifiengine.com . they mite have what you need. good luck