The Polk Audio all time greatest quotes....

Options
treitz3
treitz3 Posts: 18,430
edited March 2011 in The Clubhouse
Ok, here we go. This thread is dedicated to those notable quotes that spring up from time to time that boggle the mind, twist the truth or just flat out make folks laugh. Any quote can qualify.

I'll start out...
T_Unit616 wrote:
Do I need an air hole?
Bobt wrote:
Spearker cables..fact or fiction?
I Love SL2000 Tweeters....I put a 2.2 uf mylar cap inline with the tweeter.....

Have fun ladies and gentlemen but try not to make forum members pee in their pants from extreme laughter.
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
Post edited by treitz3 on

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,142
    edited February 2011
    Options
    SlickWilly wrote: »
    I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman.....

Oops! That was from somewhere else.:tongue::wink:

Recent, but priceless...
    F1nut wrote: »
    Strap your head to the top of that sub for an hour and you will know why not.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2011
    Options
    That statement will probably offend someone. They need to know ahead of time that I don't give a ****.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    edited February 2011
    Options
    hehehe
    madmax wrote: »
    Reading that crap is like taking each brain cell and blowing it apart with a nuclear reaction.
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited February 2011
    Options
    +2 Shack, that's a gem.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,910
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Jesse and George have come up with so many over the years, I stopped counting long ago. I now keep a rag by the computer to wipe the coffee off the screen after reading some of Jesse's posts.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited February 2011
    Options
    look at my sig...
  • treitz3
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ted was spot on with that one. I remember it like it was yesterday. Perfect timing.
    madmax wrote:
    A few days after getting my first tube amp I realized I needed to sell a whole room full of stuff...
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Good times...
    TroyD wrote: »
    ...because Micah likes the "winkie". Troy
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • treitz3
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ron Temple wrote:
    Stick around, we'll have you spending your kids college funds in no time.

....ain't that the truth.
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Options
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    "We do not pay ransom..."
    "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

Love it!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    T_unit616, in response to another poster that said his idea for a home brew sub was dumb:

"but I AM dumb, so it works out perfectly."
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited August 2016
    Options
    "I bought this online..." PFB

"I shipped a $3500 amp, but only insured it for $600...." PFB
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3