Call of Duty: Black Ops (Treyarch)

Comments

• concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited January 2011
    Yep i sent you one. :smile:
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • HTguru1982
    HTguru1982 Posts: 1,066
    edited January 2011
    Okay, paid for a new gamer tag on Live. It's NicTomBobOmbs.
    Display: Sony 42" LCD
    Sources: Harman Kardon DVD-27,
    Panasonic DMP-BDT110 blu ray player
    AVR: Sony STR-DA2400ES
    Amps: Sonance Sonamp 260(fronts),
    Kenwood KM-894(surrounds)
    Fronts: NHT 2.5
    Center: NHT VS-1.2A
    Surrounds: NHT Super One
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-ISD
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited January 2011
    HTguru1982 wrote: »

Good, now accept my friend request! :tongue:

EDIT: nevermind, you did. haha Now I have to wait for kovster and ohski to accept as well.
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited January 2011
    Zeros wrote: »

EDIT: nevermind, you did. haha Now I have to wait for kovster and ohski to accept as well.

I had no idea who you were so I just ignored it haha, I'll be sure to when I get on shortly
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2011
    No worries man. I got a headset the other day, too, but i wish i had got the wired one. The bluetooth only seems to have a 2 hour battery life. :frown:

But i've gotten more practice in, i think i'm level 21 now, and starting to get the hang of it. Got my first win in free-for-all last night in BRUTAL fashion. 30 kills, 3 deaths, and the second place guy only had 8 kills. :tongue:

Having a hell of a time trying to master the knife, though.

Fireman, i'll send you a friend request when i get home. :smile:

Anyone else on PS3, add me. Same username as here.

Very cool Signing on in a few.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited January 2011
    HTguru1982 wrote: »

Request sent!
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited January 2011
    Had a killer FFA match ending with 30-3 and the closest guy to me had 12 kills and I was only one of two with a positive KDR. Love black ops!!
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited January 2011
    Toxis/Fireman/Concealor:

What game types do you guys usually play?

I prefer TDM and Domination, and in the large battles (up to 18 players) so wanted to see if anyone absolutely hated those options.

Domination is my personal favorite; I like the fact that the flags are choke points and sort of keep the battles focused on those spots. I usually end up with a KD ratio a little less than 1 as I spend most of my time trying to cap flags, even when I'm putting myself in a situation where I'm about guaranteed to get killed...

Free for all is probably my least favorite; I've never been a fan of that style though.

We should try to meet up tonight about 9 EST!
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • concealer404
    edited January 2011
    I usually play Free For All at the moment while i'm trying to level up. I can usually handle one person at a time, but i seem to always get caught in the middle of 3 people when i play Team Deathmatch and get smoked.

But i tried Domination yesterday and it was fun, though i'm not very good. I'm cool with whatever. I might be on tonite at 9-ish, though. Thursday evening i'll be on for at least 5 hours, though. Girlfriend is working late and i won't have anything to do, so we should all try to meet up then maybe?

Got to level 27 last night. I'm going to catch you man! :smile: I switched around my perks and that seemed to help a lot. Using Marathon, Lightweight, and Hardened Pro with AK74 w/ dual mag attachment. I've just been XP whoring trying to level up to get the better guns. Got the UZI last night, but it sucked.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

• concealer404
    edited January 2011
    Toxis wrote: »
    Had a killer FFA match ending with 30-3 and the closest guy to me had 12 kills and I was only one of two with a positive KDR. Love black ops!!

Yep, i had one of those the other day. Went 30-3, 2nd place had 8 kills. 12 of mine were knife kills. :tongue:

• Fireman32
    edited January 2011
    I am also cool with whatever. I am up to level 19 now. I should be on tonight for a while.
  • Toxis
    edited January 2011
    At level 27, you have all three of my favorite guns. The galil, famas and aug. Love them!! I use scavenger, sleight of hand and ninja with the dual clip and man does it reload fast! I'm definitely a lot slower than I was on mw2 as I was pure run and gun where now I'm more methodical. Not a camper but I'll find an area and hold it down. Then I'll move to another area after 5-7 kills once my chopper is going.

I'm at lvl 32 IIRC but second prestige already. Not great but better than most of my friends. It's rare I don't have friends on already but if I'm free, I'll play with anyone.

As for game play, I'm cool with anything. Ground war is my least favorite only because the servers suck already and when you increase the room size by 50%, you're asking for server issues. GW always was the worst on mw2 and honestly, only tried it once or twice on BO. Sabotage is probably my least favorite otherwise. And I don't play hardcore as I hate the camping!!!! Otherwise I'd love HC. HCHQ is pretty fun though. I do like FFA when I'm by myself because I just like to kill anything that moves. Haha. TDM is my most played game tho because my friends play it most.

I'll get on tonight and hopefully catch you guys on then. Get the mics out and get ready to talk ****!!

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • concealer404
    edited January 2011
    Ugh... you'd better not be one of those 8 year olds who **** about n00bz constantly. :tongue:

• Toxis
    edited January 2011
    Hahaha no I love newbs. I can get shot in the back, turn around and still get the kill first because I know how to aim. So newbs are great. I hate campers, noob tubers and spawn camping teams.

• concealer404
    edited January 2011
    Hahaha no I love newbs. I can get shot in the back, turn around and still get the kill first because I know how to aim. So newbs are great. I hate campers, noob tubers and spawn camping teams.

I used to get frustrated with the campers, until i realized that there's only so many places you can really camp on most of the maps. Now i get a large percentage of my kills taking out the campers. :tongue:

• Toxis
    edited January 2011
    It's more the guys who sit in the corner of a room. Wait till you see my emblem. It's what I think of campers.

• concealer404
    edited January 2011
    It's more the guys who sit in the corner of a room. Wait till you see my emblem. It's what I think of campers.

Mine is good for a hyuck or two as well. Don't think jflail noticed it the other day, though. :tongue:

• jflail2
    edited January 2011
    Mine is good for a hyuck or two as well. Don't think jflail noticed it the other day, though. :tongue:

Haha, no, I'm definitely not the most observative player out there though.

And my emblem is nonsensical unless you know where my name came from (hint: the original is "Pheasant Under Glass".)

My favorite guns in some semblance of order:

AK74u
    FAMAS
    Commando
    MP5
    M16

I love the grenade launcher attachment; at the expense of being called a tube noob :biggrin:

If I don't have that, I like to run with extended mags a good bit; love having that extra bit of ammo for when there's 1 guy too many in that room you just barged in to.

I suppose I should give FFA a spin as well. I'll be glad to run some with you guys, even if you do hand my @ss to me.

Hopefully we can throw down some Domination tonight!

• stevebucknor1
    stevebucknor1 Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
    Treyarch's CoD games are always half-assed, so I don't expect much from Black Ops. With the core team at Infinity Ward bailing to join Respawn Entertainment over at EA, I have a feeling Modern Warfare 2's gonna be the last good CoD game in the series. It is really amazing and outstanding for ever.
  • Toxis
    edited January 2011
    Had a couple games with concealer. Didn't go so well. We both didn't play the best lol. So much for people trying to meet up lol. Afterwards, had a lot of amazing TDM games. 28-5, 32-10, 21-1... Leveled up from 32 and ended at 36 with very little to go before 37.

• jflail2
    edited January 2011
    Hey guys, sorry I couldn't get on there last night. I started playing about 8, and then a few friends rolled over 9 something so I just threw on netflix in the background.

I was TERRIBLE last night as well. I had 2 Domination matches back to back where I went something like 7-21 and 6-24....awful.

I apparently need to team up with some of you guys; I'm terrible alone...

• Fireman32
    edited January 2011
    I was on early in the evening for a while. Played Domination for a bit. Did really well my first match and then sucked on the rest. I will be back on tonight for a while.
  • concealer404
    edited January 2011
    Had a couple games with concealer. Didn't go so well. We both didn't play the best lol. So much for people trying to meet up lol. Afterwards, had a lot of amazing TDM games. 28-5, 32-10, 21-1... Leveled up from 32 and ended at 36 with very little to go before 37.

You and i were 1st and 2nd the first game, and then i made the mistake of trying different guns. (I'm beyond AWFUL with the Famas.) THAT didn't go so well. I think i'll stick with SMGs until i unlock some better stuff.

And then we ended up on a TERRIBLE team for Domination 2-3 times in a row. It was real frustrating going down there with no support into a room with 3-4 campers either alone or with only Toxis with me. :tongue:

Who would be up for tomorrow night for a few hours? I'll be on from probably 3-10ish EST. Bring your headset!

• concealer404
    edited January 2011
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Hey guys, sorry I couldn't get on there last night. I started playing about 8, and then a few friends rolled over 9 something so I just threw on netflix in the background.

I was TERRIBLE last night as well. I had 2 Domination matches back to back where I went something like 7-21 and 6-24....awful.

I apparently need to team up with some of you guys; I'm terrible alone...
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    I was on early in the evening for a while. Played Domination for a bit. Did really well my first match and then sucked on the rest. I will be back on tonight for a while.

Domination is real rough unless you've either got a great team with you, or you're VERY good. It forces teamwork, and if the other team clicks, you're pretty much boned trying to get anything done by yourself. :frown:

• leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited January 2011
    You and i were 1st and 2nd the first game, and then i made the mistake of trying different guns. (I'm beyond AWFUL with the Famas.) THAT didn't go so well. I think i'll stick with SMGs until i unlock some better stuff.

And then we ended up on a TERRIBLE team for Domination 2-3 times in a row. It was real frustrating going down there with no support into a room with 3-4 campers either alone or with only Toxis with me. :tongue:

Who would be up for tomorrow night for a few hours? I'll be on from probably 3-10ish EST. Bring your headset!

I'll be on. When I'm playing no one seems to team up, everyone runs in a different direction. I'd wish the game would force you somehow to team up.
  • jflail2
    edited January 2011
    Agreed on the teaming up. And it's crazy how few folks realize the frickin point of domination is to hold the damn flags. I'll see people go running by me like their hair is on fire while I'm slowly capping one of the flags, and then boom, I get dropped...a little help would have been great.

I'd definitely like to give it a spin with you guys!

• concealer404
    edited January 2011
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Agreed on the teaming up. And it's crazy how few folks realize the frickin point of domination is to hold the damn flags. I'll see people go running by me like their hair is on fire while I'm slowly capping one of the flags, and then boom, I get dropped...a little help would have been great.

I'd definitely like to give it a spin with you guys!

Yep, my last game last night, i literally had 3 kills and 31 deaths. I'd spawn, run to the flag to try to get it back, and get wasted by 5 snipers.

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2011
    That's because keeping flag cappers from getting killed so they can actually cap a flag is a huge aspect of Domination. The more people on a flag the quicker it caps, obviously, but campers prey on the 1-2 people who try to cap flags without looking around first. You need to make sure the area is a clear before becoming a sitting duck.

There's also no point in everyone dropping on A or C where you first spawn, so many make a rush run to B with smoke grenades. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. I find smoke and C-4 placed on or around the flag works wonders.

You're right that many don't seem to get the concept of capping A,B or C,B, leaving a couple to watch over those and then constantly harassing the one enemy flag.

Hold 2 the majority of the game and you win. Domination is by far my favorite game mode in the COD series. :biggrin: I just wish TDM people would stop joining Domination games if the have no intent on playing to win. They just seem to think they've done something by only racking up kill counts, which isn't the point.

Real warfare tactics work in these games, but are seldom used. Can't believe the number of people who don't grasp the concept of flanking.
  • concealer404
    edited January 2011
    Demiurge wrote: »
    That's because keeping flag cappers from getting killed so they can actually cap a flag is a huge aspect of Domination. The more people on a flag the quicker it caps, obviously, but campers prey on the 1-2 people who try to cap flags without looking around first. You need to make sure the area is a clear before becoming a sitting duck.

There's also no point in everyone dropping on A or C where you first spawn, so many make a rush run to B with smoke grenades. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. I find smoke and C-4 placed on or around the flag works wonders.

You're right that many don't seem to get the concept of capping A,B or C,B, leaving a couple to watch over those and then constantly harassing the one enemy flag.

Hold 2 the majority of the game and you win. Domination is by far my favorite game mode in the COD series. :biggrin: I just with TDM people would stop joining Domination games if the have no intent on playing to win, not rack up kill counts.

Real warfare tactics work in these games, but are seldom used. Can't believe the number of people who don't grasp the concept of flanking.

Yep, the funny thing is, back when i was playing Unreal Tournament all the time, that problem wasn't there. You weren't getting ANYWHERE without teamwork. I played a lot of Capture the Flag back then. You weren't getting the flag unless you had the carrier and 4 people or so behind them holding off the other team.

• Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited January 2011
    Demi are you going to try to get on Live tonight? I've been playing with Grim the last couple nights, but would like to get more than just us two on there again. That goes for everyone else on Live too. You know who you are. I should be on around 9 PM EST (not like that matters, cause I still suck) :tongue: