Call of Duty: Black Ops (Treyarch)

Comments

• tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2010
    Joined up and played a few with grim and bizill last night. Sorry guys that I didn't have a mic, I didn't play the xbox for a good 5 months before I got black ops, and it somehow got misplaced and is in my room somewhere(since my local buddies I played mw2 with don't have BO I haven't even bothered looking). I'll be sure to find it for the next I'm on.

BTW bizill, I'm not sure what was up with your mic. Sometimes it would make loud clicking sounds and then a constant beep. There was a point where I had to mute you the whole game. It wasn't happening all the time so I was able to listen in to you guys butnot sure if grim heard it as well...oh well.

Anyways, I enjoyed the few games we played (when you two weren't camping:wink:), and hopefully will be on again tonight so maybe I'll see ya guys on again.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited December 2010
    tommyboy wrote: »
    BTW bizill, I'm not sure what was up with your mic. Sometimes it would make loud clicking sounds and then a constant beep. There was a point where I had to mute you the whole game. It wasn't happening all the time so I was able to listen in to you guys butnot sure if grim heard it as well...oh well.

+ 1. There is something up with your mic Bizill. Time to buy a new one bro. I hate having to mute a brother. HAHA!!.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited December 2010
    Just following suit Tommyboy, I know you weren't camping cause your like me, a run-n-gun person but half of those guys did nothing but camp, pretty sure they had tents with them, LOL! We really need to hook up again one Friday as a whole clan and just raise hell with peeps.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • Grimster74
    edited December 2010
    Another thing Bizill, along with the mic try and look into your port forwarding situation to set your NAT to "open". Positive that's why we keep having problems with not being able to keep a party together although we didn't have many problems last night. Our boy Sherard can give you the exact link on how to fix it, I'd look it up but headed out the door to go hunting in the snow.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited December 2010
    okay, okay. i'll use my elite microphone and i've also just placed my 360 into "demilitarized zone" on my dd-wrt linksys. can we all enter a bout of circle-jerk for a moment and then continue on, fellas?

i gotsta get some sleep. we'll see how this works tomorrow, boys. nite, all.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2010
    It was good gaming with Bill, Sherard and Rob. Just need Shep, Chevy and Epplebee back.

Soooo....surprisingly the game is good. Treyarch took a bunch of cues from Infinity Ward, and really its just MW2 2.0 with a few cool tweaks.

My main complaint is the completely unrealistic bullet damage. It does not seem to be loadout related, either. I can put 4-6 rounds into someone with an assault rifle and then get blasted by the same guy with a round or two and die. It doesn't happen all that much, but it seems they should patch that at some point. I wasn't the only one with that complaint.
  • Sherardp
    edited December 2010
    Demiurge wrote: »
    It was good gaming with Bill, Sherard and Rob. Just need Shep, Chevy and Epplebee back.

Soooo....surprisingly the game is good. Treyarch took a bunch of cues from Infinity Ward, and really its just MW2 2.0 with a few cool tweaks.

My main complaint is the completely unrealistic bullet damage. It does not seem to be loadout related, either. I can put 4-6 rounds into someone with an assault rifle and then get blasted by the same guy with a round or two and die. It doesn't happen all that much, but it seems they should patch that at some point. I wasn't the only one with that complaint.

Definitely agree with you on this. Hate the bullet damage, and I hate that I went Prestige.

• tommyboy
    edited December 2010

I can handle a few technical problems (which can and should be fixed), but there's an issue when the initial design of the game is flawed. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed mw2, but it seemed they tried to put as much into that game as possible, as quickly as possible, then said here you go, new game. How no one at IW would think that one man army (which includes the grenade launcher) and tactical insertions (which includes the nuke) wouldn't be exploited is beyond me.The biggest porblem though was even though all these issues were present in the game, IW didn't really even bother or care about it (with exception of a few glitches and of course the cash maps).

This game though I can already tell the difference. Treyach has a tight lip on things like boosting and modding, and they seemed to try to add more balance to the game. Everything I dreaded from mw2 is gone in black ops (well almost everything :wink:)

BTW, Galil is my new fav weapon now, so don't F*** with me
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited December 2010
    IF I don't get it for Christmas, I'll pick it up sometime next week.
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2010
    shepx2 wrote: »
    IF I don't get it for Christmas, I'll pick it up sometime next week.

Cool! There are deals to be had on it from what I've seen. :smile:
  • FittyFieFo
    FittyFieFo Posts: 482
    edited December 2010
    Anyone on the PS3 system down for any zombies sometime this week? :)
    Samsung LN52A850 (52" 1080P LCD TV) | RTi A9's (Fronts) | Csi A6(Center) | FXi A6 (Rear Surrounds) | SVS PB12-NSD (Sub) | Oppo BDP-103 | Panamax M5300-PM

Pre-Amp: Marantz AV7005 | Amp: Emotiva XPA-5 | Speaker wires: Signal Cables | Interconnects: Signal Cables
  • BIZILL
    edited December 2010
    i hopefully will be playing this more often after the holidays. i'm gettin' all OCD about snaggin' deals for xmas presents like the cheap **** i am. i guess i could argue the fact i earn my savings with the man hours i put into it.

i do check quite often who is online, usually via my pc. we all carry odd hours. alot of it...most of it due to geographical location/time zone. sherard most of all.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys whats all your xbox live names as I would love to drop in on a game to test your skills
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited December 2010
    Cool! There are deals to be had on it from what I've seen. :smile:

Yeah, it is supposed to be $39 this Sunday, the 26th at Target. I just picked up a copy for the Xbox 360 at best buy this week. Now I just have to get a Live subscription to join in the fun.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited December 2010
    have beeen playing this for a while....I enjoyed it. but after the upteenth time getting knifed by someone that I just planted 2 m16 bullets into there stomach........and getting knifed in the back because a sprinter ran around a ridiculously small level, made me run back to Battlefield 2. downloaded the Vietnam pack.......epic win!!!!!!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • tommyboy
    edited December 2010
    ohskigod wrote: »
    have beeen playing this for a while....I enjoyed it. but after the upteenth time getting knifed by someone that I just planted 2 m16 bullets into there stomach........and getting knifed in the back because a sprinter ran around a ridiculously small level, made me run back to Battlefield 2. downloaded the Vietnam pack.......epic win!!!!!!!

Have a 20 dollar credit for amazon, thinking this will be my next purchase. I really enjoyed the demo they put on xbox live. Besides the obious problems with hit detection, you think bad company 2 is the better game of the two?
  • Grimster74
    edited December 2010
    Damn, Sherard told me I missed out on a hella game night with you guys yesterday, wish I could have been there. Should be on tonight though so I'll keep an eye out for you guys to log on.
  • BIZILL
    edited December 2010
    grimster awaits us to get our log in. don't ask, don't tell. "no homo" (inside joke, for the pc police)

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • Sherardp
    edited December 2010
    BIZILL wrote: »
    grimster awaits us to get our log in. don't ask, don't tell. "no homo" (inside joke, for the pc police)

Last night was riot, TommyBoy(Kovster) you gotta plug in that microphone bro and chit chat with us. See you guys on over the holidays.

• Sherardp
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys whats all your xbox live names as I would love to drop in on a game to test your skills

There was a list floating around, mine is R3d T34rz. Add me and from there you can get Grimster, Bizill, Kovster, Demiurge, Ohskigod, Avalanchefan off my list. Those are just a few I remember off the top of my cranium. Probably best to put Polkie in a message or something so they know who you are. See on there bro.

• Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited December 2010
    Been doing pretty well. Over the past week, I'm averaging 1.75 KDR. Love this game and the Aug now!
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited December 2010
    I plan on picking this up tomorrow, so I should be on tomorrow evening.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited December 2010
    Atta kid! Just realize the servers suck but every other aspect of the game is better.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Grimster74
    edited December 2010
    Two more days and finally, life back to normal. Hunting season will finally be over and boy have I put some meat in the freezer this year. Here's to catching up with you guys next year.
  • Zeros
    edited December 2010
    I just picked up a live gold card, so if you all see a friend request from mtront, its me.
  • Sherardp
    edited December 2010
    Zeros wrote: »
    I just picked up a live gold card, so if you all see a friend request from mtront, its me.

Send me your request again, I denied you. Not knowing who you were, sorry bro.

• Zeros
    edited December 2010
    HAha sorry about that. I just re-sent it.
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited December 2010
    I just picked this up for PS3. Who are the usual suspects?
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited December 2010
    PS3: GlassPheasant

I'm usually on after 7-8PM weekdays, at least for a little while.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2010
    Sherardp wrote: »
    Send me your request again, I denied you. Not knowing who you were, sorry bro.

I did the same thing. :redface: