2010 Polkfest, rockin dirty Jersey!!

Comments

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2010
    When I say we, I mean some of the reps and such. Just so we could get make it easier and maybe expose some folks who wouldn't normally make the trip.

There weren't any volunteers per say, I guess we're just going to have to bum-rush somebody and house their joint...
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2010
    If it's the Midwest that everyone wants...maybe one of the Rockford Audio Society guys could step up to the plate. They are about as Midwest as you can get. :D
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2010
    I was not involved in any such discussion so now the reps are picking polkfest??? Oh OK. Whatever they want the reps that is. Then if the reps want to pick they should kick in a couple grand.

Disney has stepped up and I am supporting him. Seems I am not alone either.

RT1
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited October 2010
    Florida sounds good. And it might give me an excuse to finally get there--we've been promising our daughter, who is rapidly approaching High School, a trip to Orlando for years?

I think DisneyJ's offer presents a lot of possibilities for us NORTH EAST guys! I know I'd consider it 'seriously' and also spend some vacation time there if I can arrange it.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited October 2010
    These "reps". Are they like this "Inner Circle" I hear so much about?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited October 2010
    Maybe a dumb question but when do you guys have the PF that then go to the HQ? or was that kind of a one time deal?
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2010
    Every few years. It'll happen again in 2012.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2010
    Just saw the showcase, I had no idea someone brought Saki, I would have been all over that!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • amulford
    edited October 2010
    I was not involved in any such discussion so now the reps are picking polkfest??? Oh OK. Whatever they want the reps that is. Then if the reps want to pick they should kick in a couple grand.

Disney has stepped up and I am supporting him. Seems I am not alone either.

Get the knot out of your panties for cryin out loud. It was just a discussion. I fully support DJ, too. Hell Yeah I'd like to go to Florida. Might even get further south so I could get Darla to put the cuffs on me if I try hard enough...
    These "reps". Are they like this "Inner Circle" I hear so much about?

Yes, kind of a Secret Society within the Rodina. They are the secret clique who CAN drink copious amounts of Makers Mark and NOT try to invert their internal organs. We tried to initiate you into the fold, but...
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited October 2010
    amulford wrote: »
    Yes, kind of a Secret Society within the Rodina. They are the secret clique who CAN drink copious amounts of Makers Mark and NOT try to invert their internal organs. We tried to initiate you into the fold, but...

Good. I don't want to be part of your circle jerk. I'm quite happy in my own, angry, hate-filled world!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited October 2010
    Now now...

People who can 'drink' a LOT:

1. Big and usually overweight boys (can absorb more alcohol before getting their brain fried).
    2. Those who 'consistently' drink too much so that they may or may not be alcoholics, but certainly have developed an ABOVE AVERAGE tolerance. (I did an internship working for the National Council on Alcoholism, years ago-in NYC).
    3. Those whose bodies are so ravaged or ill that they don't register 'normal' reactions to alcohol till it's too late and they're in the hospital for an underlying problem. (As examples) I lost two grad advisors to liver cancer and diabetes.

Coming from a culture where holding one's liquor is a mandatory sign of manhood. I watched my father develop congestive heart failure from his 'abilities' as the Doctor told him, you continue like this and you'll be gone!

At my age, there's really nothing left to prove except to share a drink or two or three with friends but not to the point of flaming out.

But most of what I saw at Polkfest was all in good fun. And people were largely responsible as is evidenced by the fact that Lou's house and gear are still in tact.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • jimmydep
    jimmydep Posts: 1,305
    edited October 2010
    cnh wrote: »

At my age, there's really nothing left to prove except to share a drink or two or three with friends but not to the point of flaming out.

But most of what I saw at Polkfest was all in good fun. And people were largely responsible as is evidenced by the fact that Lou's house and gear are still in tact.

cnh

Very true, but there's always one (young) guy who ends up fertilizing the bushes.........:)

I thought everyone at Polk Fest acted responsibly, and were respectful of the host's house and gear.

Jimmy
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2010
    I am up for a FL polkfest. I will be in the pool most of the weekend.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2010
    I drink to that.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited October 2010
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    I am up for a FL polkfest. I will be in the pool most of the weekend.

Doesn't Polk have some underwater speakers we could demo
    Ricardo wrote: »
    I drink to that.

Me too, some of that Raizol Tequila!!! But I thought Polkfest 2011 was going to be at your place Ricardo :D:p:)

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited October 2010
    cnh wrote: »
    Now now...

People who can 'drink' a LOT:

1. Big and usually overweight boys (can absorb more alcohol before getting their brain fried).

cnh

Hey - to whom are you referring?
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2010
    Steve, Florida sounds great. Just make sure you can get your air conditioner down to about 65 degrees, thank you!!!

At Ted's I hung out in the old Woodshed, ah nice and cool and close to the turntable!
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2010
    Thanks Guys and Gals, I'm thinking October 7th Friday, 8th Saturday, cool down 9th Sunday. Around this time, if you like before or after, but please not during PF.

Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights.

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/

Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/special-events/epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/

I'm sure I'm missing another 1000 things you can do in Orlando but you got the idea....

Pool should be around 85f or so. Days are usually about 85f but a little nicer since its not too humid. Nights are about 70f or so, really nice weather.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited October 2010
    Big Dawg wrote: »
    Hey - to whom are you referring?

uh about 80 percent of us? LOL :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • disneyjoe7
    edited October 2010
    Steve, Florida sounds great. Just make sure you can get your air conditioner down to about 65 degrees, thank you!!!

At Ted's I hung out in the old Woodshed, ah nice and cool and close to the turntable!

Joe, I think you will have a special area for REALLY COOL A/C. :D

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited October 2010
    There won't be any water left in that pool after the first hour.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• disneyjoe7
    edited October 2010
    Well if there's no water left after the first hour, that's going to suck.... It takes 2 days to fill it. :(

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2010
    Not once we get to whizzing it won't............

RT1
  • disneyjoe7
    edited October 2010
    If all of you's whiz in it.... I sure you guys are going to be yellow. :D

And of cause the **** Baby's would be happy.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• amulford
    edited October 2010
    To be honest I'd be more concerned about the chunks clogging the filter, nobody'll notice the weewee. The water is warm anyway...
  • amulford
    edited October 2010
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Doesn't Polk have some underwater speakers we could demo
    H9
    Not that I know of, but we could always test some to see how they'd sound:D
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    edited October 2010
    Out of all those cameras, that is all the pics we took?

Back in 07 we had an easy 3-400 pics.

What is up?????
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    edited October 2010
    Also I would be down with a Flordia gathering
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited October 2010
    Steves house, Rons house, Brocks house..either way I'm in.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2010
    F1nut wrote: »
    There won't be any water left in that pool after the first hour.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Either that or it will become all yellow!:D